Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I just hope that you can play as an evil character properly. In FO3 you were seriously hindered if you went down the evil route, what with being attacked randomly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kersmash wrote: »
    I just hope that you can play as an evil character properly. In FO3 you were seriously hindered if you went down the evil route, what with being attacked randomly etc.

Randomly attacked if you were good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yup. Those Talon mercenaries were constantly giving me hassle. Even after I offed their boss and every other living thing in their supposed base.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Creature wrote: »
    Yup. Those Talon mercenaries were constantly giving me hassle. Even after I offed their boss and every other living thing in their supposed base.

I wiped out every living thing in the entire game and them fcukers still showed up.

Pissed me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Dcully wrote: »
    Sorry to be a noob but is Vegas a fallout 3 expansion or new game?
    Eventually got to play 3 yesterday and loving it, seems a really massive world.

Think along the lines of GTA

GTA 3 then standalone games Vice City and San Andreas then GTA 4

This is like VC and SA, Hopefully the guys doing it bring some of the humour of Fallout 1 and 2, would love some Monty Pyhton references in a game again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

This should be the end credits for New Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Creature wrote: »

You were obviously playing as a goodie 2 shoes :D

Had my share of run ins with them on the 1st play through, usually as I was fast traveling to restock etc. I learned to expect the feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The trick with those talon guys was to lure them over to some yao guais.

I fast travelled somewhere earlyish in the game seeing two yao guais in the close distance. I quickly duck into a shop. I think it might have been that one with the huge trap with dominos of abraxo cleaner. I come out to find a talon group from nowhere and the two yao guis very close. One yao guai barely survives... at least until he challenges me.

Their base was one of the very first places I went in the game. I just went off in a random direction not bothering with megaton. Those robots in the last room are extremely difficult on a low level!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The trick with the Talon guys was to shoot them in the face with whatever weapons you had. I never had any trouble with them tbh, but i do vaguely remember it being quite far into the game before i ran into them.

Kiith wrote: »
    The trick with the Talon guys was to shoot them in the face with whatever weapons you had. I never had any trouble with them tbh, but i do vaguely remember it being quite far into the game before i ran into them.

Did we ever find out who sent them after us or did I miss that completely? I always figured it was the guy in the bar in megaton, forget his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

calex71 wrote: »
    Did we ever find out who sent them after us or did I miss that completely? I always figured it was the guy in the bar in megaton, forget his name.

Burke, or the owner Moriarty?

The lad who hires you to blow up Megaton?

Burke, or the owner Moriarty?

The lad who hires you to blow up Megaton?

Was Burke the shady guy in the white suit in the bar, who disappears after you don't blow up the place? Always figured it was him how set Tallon on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Was Burke the shady guy in the white suit in the bar, who disappears after you don't blow up the place? Always figured it was him how set Tallon on me.

Mr. Burke was the shady guy sitting down that wanted you blow up the bomb.

Moriaty is just an unsocial bollocks.

I'm sure I read on the Fallout Wiki that it was Mister Burke alright. Can't you loot them and you find the contract to kill you signed by him?

Aye, that's the one. I always thought the same thing to be honest. I think its in a note somewhere though I could be wrong.

http://fallout.neoseeker.com/wiki/Talon_Company

Says there it was Burke alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Weird thing is i killed him straight away, so how could he have signed it and sent them after me

allanb49 wrote: »
    Weird thing is i killed him straight away, so how could he have signed it and sent them after me

Stop breaking the game!

Guess its just a plot loophole then so. He knew you were coming though, as he was waiting for you there (or seemed to be - I know the game just seems that way sometimes). So could have known. Not particularly important though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im surprised there are people here who didn't kill him,
    he shot the sherrif!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

One of the best gaming moments was nuking Megaton. Repeatedly.

ive played the game 2-3 times and I still can't bring myself to nuke megaton :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I never nuked megaton either. I did pickpocket the old guy in Tenpenny Tower and placed about 24 live hand grenades on him. That was fun, though I never did find his body.

I always help the ghouls take over Tenpenney Tower. You get the Ghoul Mask which is incredibly handy, lots of loot, and it's great fun :D

Kersmash wrote: »
    I always help the ghouls take over Tenpenney Tower. You get the Ghoul Mask which is incredibly handy, lots of loot, and it's great fun :D

Well my lech when playing an evil character was taking on the Blow Up Megaton quest then killing EVERYONE in the town, stealing everything, then buggering off to Tenpenny Towers and blowing it up. Lots of negative Karma, lots of loot and cash, a bobblehead and a lovely explosion to set off the night sky.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm playing Fallout 3 currently. I'm 78 hours in, level 24, and still haven't started the DLC and have about 1/3 of the main quest left - is that normal??
    Given the time invested so far, I reckon I'll pick this up.

well the main quest is very short anyway, you'd finish it in a few hours. The dlc will add alot though, the uh.. point lookout is basically an entire new map about half the size of the original. I only did a few things there before I traded it in, but I got the goty for pc recently so i'm going to play through it all eventually.

gg on the 74 hours though, I got kinda bored traipsing around to all the identical buildings with 3-4 bad guys and same loot in them all. I had originally intended to visit every location on the map, after I got the lvl20 explorer perk but I gave up very quickly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm playing Fallout 3 currently. I'm 78 hours in, level 24, and still haven't started the DLC and have about 1/3 of the main quest left - is that normal??
    Given the time invested so far, I reckon I'll pick this up.

I thought the max level was 20 no?without the DLC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've the GOTY edition and I've enabled the DLC - just haven't really started the missions. Well I tried to do "Operation: Anchorage" but I encountered a bug that crashes it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ixoy wrote: »
    I've the GOTY edition and I've enabled the DLC - just haven't really started the missions. Well I tried to do "Operation: Anchorage" but I encountered a bug that crashes it...

ah that explains that then :)

what are names of those guys that come after you for having bad karma?hope there in vegas.

I think the max level is 30, but I could be wrong. Saw the special edition of New Vegas advertised in Game and it really wouldn't be worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

How much does the Special Edition cost in GAME, the PC version specifically?

Advertisement