Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Why would you not put this in the Fallout Vegas thread you already made?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I cant get BB were I live so I have to rely on dialup, I know that you need to connect to the internet and doenload stuff from steam before you can play it offline, so how big is the download? Also can you download it in parts or all at once?

If its a big file i'll have to go for console :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I cant get BB were I live so I have to rely on dialup, I know that you need to connect to the internet and doenload stuff from steam before you can play it offline, so how big is the download? Also can you download it in parts or all at once?

If its a big file i'll have to go for console :(

Why can't you get the PC version on a disc?

The file will be far larger than you could hope to get on dial up and it will probably cost you several times the games cost in internet time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why do people find this an issue? :confused:

When i played F3 i wasn't even aware this was going to happen but you get an auto save every time you go through a door, so you have one just after you enter the chamber.....it doesn't even require a player save.

You simply turn around and walk back out. The only difference is that you don't go straight from the games end to roaming, you just reload and forget about the main quest indicator

Complete non-issue IMO
    Well it's not totally a non-issue. It kind of breaks up the game. I like getting immersed in a game, and as pathetic as it makes me sound, I like to follow a quest to it's end as it happens. Standing beside the end point and then legging it off to the other side of the map to check out some side missions, really takes away from that immersion. It makes you know that your timeis running out and that the game will end soon.

It really should be no problem for them to just let you keep on playing afterwards. I really feel that in this case it's them wanting people to get the DLC so that they can play on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Kiith wrote: »
    Oh how the tables have turned :P

Its called Karma, payback for the abomination that was GTA IV on PC. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Varik wrote: »
    Why can't you get the PC version on a disc?

The file will be far larger than you could hope to get on dial up and it will probably cost you several times the games cost in internet time.

I think you misunderstood me, I will get it on disc but I understand that you must connect to the internet and download additional stuff before it will allow you to play offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

po0k wrote: »
    Yes, I know that now but after the rectal violation that was Games For Windows Live!!!1 from my retail Fallout3 (not GOTY), I went with shtaem.
    Retail would've been fine too, but I have enough dvd cases as it is.
    And Gabe Newell needs more Cheetos money.
    Ah, sure the DVD case can go in the bin once it's been added to the Steam games list.
    to me, €50 is way too high for a PC game. No matter what, I wouldnt let myself pay that much for a PC game. Not even for the convenience of having it in Steam. But hey, each to their own. Oh, and F:NV doesnt use GFWL at all, retail or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Threads merged. Absolutely no need for the extra two threads with minor questions on a game that already has a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think you misunderstood me, I will get it on disc but I understand that you must connect to the internet and download additional stuff before it will allow you to play offline.

If you get it soon then the game won't have any or only small downloads, you'll then have to set it to not update and make sure it can run offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://kotaku.com/5668552/fallout-new-vegas-has-bug-issues

Oh Bethesda, why do you always do this to me? Don't think I'll be picking it up until it's on sale now. I've got a massive backlog to get through first and by the time I finally pick it up, it might be in a playable state.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can be sure they mess up the DLC releases as well. Can't believe they managed to mess up 3 out of 3 of them in the exact same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,035 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

that is so creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anybody know whether this is more buggy on the xbox over than the ps3 or vice versa. No need to say the pc is better than both!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Reports are that the game is a bit wrecked on both platforms. Studies show, PS3 will still come out worse, probably.

PS3 version was a mess last time and the game is built for PC and 360 architecture so I'm sure the PS3 version will be the worst affected this time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Wonder what the odds are for getting the ce without a preorder. Not great I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Asmodean wrote: »
    Wonder what the odds are for getting the ce without a preorder. Not great I'd imagine!

HMV are usually your best bet, especially on Grafton Street in Dublin. Don't think I've ever been unable to pick one up on launch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Anyone know how much the CE is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hardcore mode f*ck yeah!

Pc for me, hoping a few interesting user mods come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

HMV are usually your best bet, especially on Grafton Street in Dublin. Don't think I've ever been unable to pick one up on launch there.

Nice one i'll give it a shot on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Anyone hear any prices for the regular edition to buy in a shop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

€40 for PC version in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw a sign up in HMV on Henry St. today, €44.99 with a free New California Republic t-shirt. I like HMVs trend of new release + freebie for a good price, I hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

lol, I picked the Wild Wilderness perk and it allowed me to find
    the body of Indiana Jones in a fridge
    . Apparently if you pick that perk it allows you to find loads of easter eggs like that.

Finally! We have Fallout style humour again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Kotaku's unboxing :pac:

Disclaimer: This is not actually a kotaku blogger, i'd probably stop reading the blog if it was :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

"Not collectors edition plastic" :pac:
    Tbh Id watch more unboxing vids if they were like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    PS3 version was a mess last time and the game is built for PC and 360 architecture so I'm sure the PS3 version will be the worst affected this time as well.

In fairness i never had a single game freeze or weird thing happen until i tried to go onto the spaceship on PS3, game worked perfectly everytime other than that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Have pre ordered for pc and realised it is not a gfwl.

Can anyone confirm it still works with the pc version of the xbox controller?

Cheers,

Woden

• Advertisement

*might* still work, it uses Steamworks and some of VALVe's games support the Xbox 360 controller, so I see no reason for it not to support it.

Advertisement