Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Friend of mine bought a 405 last week on Adverts. The backlight wasn't working and she was ok with that but now after two runs it's not picking any gps signal at all? I've done all the usual resets but no change. Anybody got any more advice on this one? Thx!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Anyone having gip uploading to Garmin connect?? 2nd weekend on the trot giving me hassle...

Can I bypass the wireless ant??
    I have a 310xt and its not listed as compatible.....
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/garmin-charging-data-clip/rp-prod52415

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone having gip uploading to Garmin connect?? 2nd weekend on the trot giving me hassle...

Can I bypass the wireless ant??
    I have a 310xt and its not listed as compatible.....
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/garmin-charging-data-clip/rp-prod52415
    Yeah, have been having a couple of issues in the last day or two, but I rekcon they're Garmin Connect problems. You know when your run appears on Strava and doesn't appear on GC that they're having issues (as the data is sent from Garmin Connect to Strava)!

That charging clip does what it says on the tin. It charges. It doesn't send data. You have to send data via wireless. There are some other solutions, like connecting to a mobile phone that has an ANT+ chip build-in (Samsung S5), but you have to use commercial software to do this, and it's flakey at best.

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Friend of mine bought a 405 last week on Adverts. The backlight wasn't working and she was ok with that but now after two runs it's not picking any gps signal at all? I've done all the usual resets but no change. Anybody got any more advice on this one? Thx!
    If you've done a hard reset and made sure it's running the latest firmware, then I'd bring it back and demand a refund. Check if the advert mentions that it's 'fully working' or 'good as new'.

Yeah, have been having a couple of issues in the last day or two, but I rekcon they're Garmin Connect problems. You know when your run appears on Strava and doesn't appear on GC that they're having issues (as the data is sent from Garmin Connect to Strava)!

That charging clip does what it says on the tin. It charges. It doesn't send data. You have to send data via wireless. There are some other solutions, like connecting to a mobile phone that has an ANT+ chip build-in (Samsung S5), but you have to use commercial software to do this, and it's flakey at best.

Grand I'm getting it the opposite way round cant get it onto Garmin connect to have it on Strava...ah ill hold fire a day or two more...
    There are two types of cable a data cable and a charging cable they both look the same..

• Advertisement

There are two types of cable a data cable and a charging cable they both look the same..
    No there isn't. Not for the 310xt.

No there isn't. Not for the 310xt.

That's what I was asking originally......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I have a FR-10. Lately when I upload runs, some runs are showing no elevation gain in Garmin Connect, although in Strava the elevation displays normally.
    In GC I've deleted and manually imported the FIT files, but it did not fix the problem.
    So my questions are, is GC on the blink again? Does anyone know how to fix it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is there any way of getting .FIT files off the Garmin (610) other than using Garmin Express?

2 of my runs are not showing up under activities though they were previously and are included under the totals for the week/month?

I have noticed that some of my activities sometimes don't show up and then after a reboot they will show.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting .FIT files off the Garmin (610) other than using Garmin Express?

2 of my runs are not showing up under activities though they were previously and are included under the totals for the week/month?

I have noticed that some of my activities sometimes don't show up and then after a reboot they will show.
    It's well worth synching with Strava, if only to use it as a backup mechanism (you can also download your entire running history in one single file from Strava). Does the 610 allow you to connect using USB or is it ANT+ data transfer only? If so, you could connect the watch as a mass-storage device and copy over the files. Other than that.. No idea..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's well worth synching with Strava, if only to use it as a backup mechanism (you can also download your entire running history in one single file from Strava). Does the 610 allow you to connect using USB or is it ANT+ data transfer only? If so, you could connect the watch as a mass-storage device and copy over the files. Other than that.. No idea..

Thanks, It does sync with Strava, but only does this once activities get as far as Garmin Connect. These 2 activities are not even showing up on the watch anymore so can't get them into GC.

I think it is ANT+ only. The only other cable I have is the charging cable (which is USB but I've never tried to transfer data with it. I'll try to connect that and see if it recognizes the watch as an external drive.

I think the problem was I had a weeks worth of runs on the watch and some of them got lost, usually seems to work ok if you upload every day rather than waiting a long time.

Thanks, It does sync with Strava, but only does this once activities get as far as Garmin Connect. These 2 activities are not even showing up on the watch anymore so can't get them into GC.

I think it is ANT+ only. The only other cable I have is the charging cable (which is USB but I've never tried to transfer data with it. I'll try to connect that and see if it recognizes the watch as an external drive.

I think the problem was I had a weeks worth of runs on the watch and some of them got lost, usually seems to work ok if you upload every day rather than waiting a long time.
    I've had the same thing in the past, only to have the activities show-up a couple of days later mysteriously on the Connect website. I sometimes wonder if they disappear into the Garmin Connect ether, only to be lassoed a couple of day later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Hopefullly its as simple as on my Fr-10. Connect the usb cable (PC sees an external storage device), look up the FIT files under the garmin/activities folder to find the date of your misisng runs.

Hopefullly its as simple as on my Fr-10. Connect the usb cable (PC sees an external storage device), look up the FIT files under the garmin/activities folder to find the date of your misisng runs.

Nah, the FR10 doesn't use ANT+ to transfer data - it only has the USB mass storage mode (which seems by far the simplest option!).
    Looking at the 610 manual (page 28), you can only transfer data by ANT+, so no mass-storage/USB mode I'm afraid.

OK cheers, looks like I'm out of luck so.

More weirdness, should have 2 activities to sync, Garmin Express says there are 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭aidanor

Ok so a couple of months ago i accidently washed my HR strap in the washing machine and since then my HR does'nt seemed to be working properly, now just before it happened i updated the firmware on my 910 and 500 edge the HR acted up a bit and did'n read correctly all the time and since i washed it in machine the 2 units will recognize it but will only read the constant figure (79), 'Ive tried to replace the battery and still the same. has anybody any idea what the problem could be? is the strap goosed or is the removable sensor goosed?

thanks

The strap should be fine. I put mine through the wash fairly regularly.I'd say the head unit is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭aidanor

The strap should be fine. I put mine through the wash fairly regularly.I'd say the head unit is the problem

the head unit as in the edge 500?

The plastic bit that attaches to the strap,

lf-lg.jpg

Did that go into the wash too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Having probs with my 310xt last few days, seems to be the same as you were having Adrian... Using ant+ to sync watch, syncing fine to Garmin express but not uploading to Garmin connect site... Been googling for few days and they're seems to be huge probs with express and connect.... Had been working fine up to Sunday and all of a sudden it just stopped syncing to connect for no reason...maunually added my runs and did a full reset in watch, uninstalled all software and reinstalled but still no joy.... Anyone here have a magic solution for me...doin the limerick marathon on Sunday, my first, and would really love to get it sorted by then... Lose all my splits if I manually upload... ������

Have you deleted all your old activities off the watch? That sometimes causes problems if there are too many stored on the watch.

Yea watch is completely empty now... Was hoping that was the prob but no luck...did you get yours working again after the probs

It seemed to be an issue where some would get corrupted. It annoyed me once too often though and I upgraded the watch.

Haven't had mine too long, think last sept... Don't think wife would be too happy if I tried for a new one hahaha

Do none of your runs upload or just the odd one doesn't work?

Maybe check if there is a more recent firmware for your device?

Everything was working fine up til Sunday... Then nothing would sync to Garmin connect... I've updated everything I could yesterday and tried a test workout but nothing worked... I'm hoping it's a prob on the Garmin website and they might fix it but not holding my breath...

Just did a test workout there and all synced perfectly.... Gotta be a prob on garmins site...I've done nothing different for it to change....weird...

Going for a run shortly, hopefully it will be all good

Good news!

• Advertisement

Great news, all set for Sunday now....

Advertisement