Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Firedance wrote: »
    I envy your non OCD outlook on life RQ! it shouldn't but it soooo does, especially when its WRONG.. Strava name the workouts based on the area you actually did the workout so it can be done, its just Garmin being lazy.

Haven't tried the gear feature yet Frash.

I'm far from non-ocd sadly :( just not ocd in this case...I never name the workouts myself they're always left as untitled so I barely noticed that they'd been naming them until someone else mentioned it.

Also never noticed Strava named them based on where you do the session!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I always rename my workouts and then spend 20minutes looking over all the stats and data... but that is just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

mloc123 wrote: »
    I always rename my workouts and then spend 20minutes looking over all the stats and data... but that is just me.

Thank God for that; I thought it was just me.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

My mileage is finally showing up in the 'gear' section :)

Guess it was due to this....
    "We are experiencing syncing and data processing issues with Garmin Connect. Our team is actively investigating, and your data will be processed soon. Please visit our status page for updates. Thanks for your continued patience."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

PS its not OCD its CDO :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mloc123 wrote: »

I do that...thats why I've no time for renaming workouts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

So I am a mac user. Express has taken the activities of the watch but not sync'd them. I can find the .fit files but what can I use to view them as I am waiting to garmin to fix the sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OTD FM

Response from Garmin:

"Activities are no longer titled "untitled" after being uploaded, Garmin Connect will attempt to name them based on GPS location of the activity. This is a recent change and is now how the activity uploads function."

Attempt is the word alright....my normal running location is at least 100km from Crossmaglen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

OTD FM wrote: »
    Response from Garmin:

"Activities are no longer titled "untitled" after being uploaded, Garmin Connect will attempt to name them based on GPS location of the activity. This is a recent change and is now how the activity uploads function."

Attempt is the word alright....my normal running location is at least 100km from Crossmaglen!!!

I was just googling to see why my Garmin runs were called 'Kilkeel Running'. (I've only just got my Garmin F10) Glad I saw your post! It's annoying but I'm glad to know it's not something I've done wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

My 220 which was uploading and syncing fine till Sunday will now not even connect properly to computer.
    It recognises that a device is connected but that is a far as it goes.

Its calling the device Garmin FR620 Flash Media and is saying its unformatted.
    That may give a clue as to what's wrong as its a 220

Incidentally my FR10 is working fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Turned off & on 220 and it was recognised and synced but my activities are gone! Yet the weekly totals totals are correct even including today's run.
    Very frustrating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Give it a few days, GC having a hissy fit at the moment but they seem to be working on it.

I couldn't send workouts to my 410 for a fortnight but now it's back working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Anyone still having issues with Connect? I can't sync my activities.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Thanks

Syncing fine now (apart from that annoying 'Kilteel Running' thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Just bought a new Garmin vivofit on Amazon..arrivd this morning.

Have set up and paired with mobile phone...

But nought happening..device not recording my steps and activity movement bar (red bar) not moving...

is there some set up I need to do? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Thanks

It's breaking my heart!!!

It's been an emotional morning.... plugged in the ant stick and my activities actually up loaded!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Hi KC,

I have looked about the thread but cannot find what I am looking for. I have a 305, Garmin connect and express.

I have uploaded the Garmin 1/2 marathon training plan and I can upload the runs from the 305 to the calender, but the workouts are not going the wrist unit? So nothing in the training=>workouts=>advanced.

Any ideas on how to get them on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There is a 2 stage process to get workouts to our device.

First go to Garmin Connect, select your workout and click send to device.

Second open up Garmin express and select sync now. This should send the workouts to your watch, works for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi Wally, did I spot you out in Raheny yesterday as I headed for the corral?

Yeah, exactly what Adrian said... I did have problems sending workouts to my old 405 from Garmin Connect (it would wipe all workouts from the watch and only upload a single workout). I used to have a lot more success with Garmin Training Center, but if you've already moved to Express, that's likely not an option. Is Garmin Express launching after you click to send the activities to the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Hi KC.

Richard said you had a great run yesterday.

So this is a refurbished 305 (I am not sure this makes any difference) but I ran the syc via Garmin express and hit the syn button on the express window. The Express window say all done, as does the wrist unit. However, there are no workouts on the unit when I look and they still show up as to be syc'nd in connect's out box.

I will root out my old training centre CD and see if that is any better. I am sure it is setting that I have missed?

Thanks anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Hi KC.

Richard said you had a great run yesterday.

So this is a refurbished 305 (I am not sure this makes any difference) but I ran the syc via Garmin express and hit the syn button on the express window. The Express window say all done, as does the wrist unit. However, there are no workouts on the unit when I look and they still show up as to be syc'nd in connect's out box.

I will root out my old training centre CD and see if that is any better. I am sure it is setting that I have missed?

Thanks anyhow.
    Training Center needs ANT agent, and ANT agent isn't rally compatible with Garmin Express (complicated, isn't it?!). Might be an idea to make sure that transferring workouts from Garmin Connect to a 305 via Garmin Express works/is supported.

Adrian522: Is your watch a 305?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Training Center needs ANT agent, and ANT agent isn't rally compatible with Garmin Express (complicated, isn't it?!). Might be an idea to make sure that transferring workouts from Garmin Connect to a 305 via Garmin Express works/is supported.

Adrian522: Is your watch a 305?

No, mine is a 610.

Garmin express is a clucking disgrace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Can you see mile splits on garmin 110 after finishing a race? Or is that only possible after upload. I know you can check History but I think that just gives an overview, yes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Has anyone found a solution to the 'Kilkeel' phenomenon? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

shane1981 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a solution to the 'Kilkeel' phenomenon? :confused:

Response from Garmin:

"Garmin Connect website was updated at the beginning of December and a new feature was added which lead to automatic naming of activities. Activities are no longer titled ‘Untitled’ after being uploaded, Garmin Connect will attempt to name them based on GPS location of the activity.
    Unfortunately, this feature cannot be disabled so you would have to change the names of the activities manually as you would have done when they were ‘Untitled’. "

Says alot about the accuracy of their GPS so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

shane1981 wrote: »
    Response from Garmin:

"Garmin Connect website was updated at the beginning of December and a new feature was added which lead to automatic naming of activities. Activities are no longer titled ‘Untitled’ after being uploaded, Garmin Connect will attempt to name them based on GPS location of the activity.
    Unfortunately, this feature cannot be disabled so you would have to change the names of the activities manually as you would have done when they were ‘Untitled’. "

Says alot about the accuracy of their GPS so!!

I'm getting this too on Runs and Cycles on my 910xt. What a pain.

Stupid Garmin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Having real trouble uploading my runs from my Garmin forerunner 610. Was working fine until our laptop broke. Have tried a friends laptop, and computer at work. Have brought in charger, have waited until there was a run ready to be uploaded, have tried to manually upload the runs.

Nothing has worked, nothing has gone to Garmin connect.

Is there something I am missing? Will the ant agent only upload to the original laptop.

Any advice would be superb.

Advertisement