Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Having real trouble uploading my runs from my Garmin forerunner 610. Was working fine until our laptop broke. Have tried a friends laptop, and computer at work. Have brought in charger, have waited until there was a run ready to be uploaded, have tried to manually upload the runs.

Nothing has worked, nothing has gone to Garmin connect.

Is there something I am missing? Will the ant agent only upload to the original laptop.

Any advice would be superb.

Have you installed the ANT software on these other laptops? e.g. Garmin Express?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

No... :o

Work PC won't let me download it, will try at home and see if it works.

Thanks Krusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Before I begin, I am pretty clueless about computer & technology :o

I too am having awful problems with garmin & downloading onto computer. The computer I use has windows 8 and google chrome on it. I've tried opening the garmin site with internet explorer, I've downloaded the garmin-plug in (and when I search the computer, I can see it has downloaded), but when I go into the garmin site, it keeps saying I don't have the plug-in. I'm seriously p*ssed with it at this stage, I'm getting nowhere. Is there a fool-proof way of getting this sorted.

RubyK wrote: »
    Before I begin, I am pretty clueless about computer & technology :o

I too am having awful problems with garmin & downloading onto computer. The computer I use has windows 8 and google chrome on it. I've tried opening the garmin site with internet explorer, I've downloaded the garmin-plug in (and when I search the computer, I can see it has downloaded), but when I go into the garmin site, it keeps saying I don't have the plug-in. I'm seriously p*ssed with it at this stage, I'm getting nowhere. Is there a fool-proof way of getting this sorted.
    What kind of watch do you have, and do you have Garmin Express installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

What kind of watch do you have, and do you have Garmin Express installed?

I have the 410 and Garmin Express has been installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

May be totally irrelevant, but the Garmin communicator plugin for Firefox does not work for me, but it does in Safari.

RubyK wrote: »
    I have the 410 and Garmin Express has been installed.
    Didn't think you needed the Garmin Communicator plugin, if you had Garmin Express. What are you trying to do exactly? Upload workouts or just view 'stuff' on the Garmin Connect website? You should only need your Chrome browser and Garmin Express. Have you tried running Express and uploading a workout (with your USB Ant stick plugged in)?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

I've recently picked up my first Garmin (forerunner 220). I've used it a few times both in Waterford and Wexford. Any run I did in Waterford come up as untitled in Garmin connect but any runs in Wexford have all been titled St. David's and the Cathedral Close Community Running! A quick Google tells me that St. David's and the Cathedral Close is in Wales :) It doesn't really matter as all other info seems correct but was wondering if anyone knew why this might be happening?

dintbo wrote: »
    I've recently picked up my first Garmin (forerunner 220). I've used it a few times both in Waterford and Wexford. Any run I did in Waterford come up as untitled in Garmin connect but any runs in Wexford have all been titled St. David's and the Cathedral Close Community Running! A quick Google tells me that St. David's and the Cathedral Close is in Wales :) It doesn't really matter as all other info seems correct but was wondering if anyone knew why this might be happening?
    Not sure how many times I've run in Kilkeel at this point. It's down to Garmin Connect. It's crap. Just rename the activities, or ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Ignore it is then! Cheers KC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I've been running exclusively in Kilkeel for several weeks now, but in an exciting development, last Sunday's long run started off in Kilkeel, but finished in Crossmaglen! Crossmaglen is due west of Kilkeel. As my actual run started in Tallaght but proceeded west to Rathcoole and Newcastle, it appears that Garmin Connect's maps are displaced in a northerly direction by about 150km.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

davedanon wrote: »
    I've been running exclusively in Kilkeel for several weeks now, but in an exciting development, last Sunday's long run started off in Kilkeel, but finished in Crossmaglen! Crossmaglen is due west of Kilkeel. As my actual run started in Tallaght but proceeded west to Rathcoole and Newcastle, it appears that Garmin Connect's maps are displaced in a northerly direction by about 150km.

Blanchardstown and Phoenix Park are apparently in Crossmaglen as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Would appreciate a little help from the technical wizards on here. I need to buy a new GPS watch, preferably one with HR capabilities as my coach wants me to pay a little more attention to pace and HR on easy runs. So I am very much out of the loop with Garmin devices, could anyone recommend a model that is decent and has HR capabilities? I would prefer not to spend much more over €250. I had a Garmin 110 but it was a piece of crap, so (if it is not too blasphemous on the Garmin thread!) I would also consider other brands outside of Garmin. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Garmin Forerunner 220 should fit the bill.

Review here

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/11/garmin-forerunner-depth-review.html

Not sure on the best place to buy but Sportsdirect have them for 287, usually 20% off codes knocking about the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Today and at my last race my garmin forerunner 10 wouldn't get a gps fix despite being on for 20 mins before the race. I turned it off a few times and no joy. Was on a hill in a park so there should've been signal. It eventually got a fix about 1k into my race which is not ideal. Is there anything I can do to help it get a gps fix, or do I need a better gps. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've never had a FR 10 but it sounds like it could be an issue with your particular unit. 3 mins should be enough to get a GPS signal.

If you are still in warranty I would return it, if not maybe try a factory reset and if that doesn't help maybe Garmin support can help but in my experience they are not overly helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

adrian522 wrote: »
    Garmin Forerunner 220 should fit the bill.

Review here

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/11/garmin-forerunner-depth-review.html

Not sure on the best place to buy but Sportsdirect have them for 287, usually 20% off codes knocking about the forum.

just bought a 220 for 220 from fitnessdigital.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Express stopped uploading workouts to my 220 from yesterday.is there a limit on the number-i only have about 6-7 on it.It seems to do it and the watch gives the updating screen for a few secs but the workout does not appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

hawkwing wrote: »
    Express stopped uploading workouts to my 220 from yesterday.is there a limit on the number-i only have about 6-7 on it.It seems to do it and the watch gives the updating screen for a few secs but the workout does not appear?
    fixed--didn't know there was a 10 workout limit?-removed one and then added the other,all ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Is it possible to make a segment of a split in connect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

hawkwing wrote: »
    fixed--didn't know there was a 10 workout limit?-removed one and then added the other,all ok

I am having similar trouble with my 620. Can't upload new workouts at all, got rid of a few old ones to bring it under 10 but still no joy. Anybody know of a fix or work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Anyone here having an issues with a Forerunner 10?
    My wife has one but sometimes it will take forever to find GPS and when it does it often looses the current time. It also froze on her last run. I've restarted it & updated it to the latest software.

I have the 220 with no issues.

frash wrote: »
    Anyone here having an issues with a Forerunner 10?
    My wife has one but sometimes it will take forever to find GPS and when it does it often looses the current time. It also froze on her last run. I've restarted it & updated it to the latest software.

I have the 220 with no issues.
    yep http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94386876&postcount=3167

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Following some recommendations I found on the web I deleted all the language files I dont need that are on the watch. I upgraded the firmware. Issue hasn't happened since. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Attention Geeks:
    If you are a Chrome user there's a Strava Plus extension which has just been updated with running stats.
    So you can tap into some additional stats (speed / hr / cadence).

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Hi, I am having trouble viewing the mile splits from a marathon from Sunday on my forerunner 410. I do not have the connection to link it up to a computer unfortunately.

At the moment all that it is giving me is all the information under one lap listing the total distance, total time, cals and miles per minute for the whole run.

I use to be able to check the mile splits after a workout so I'd say I have stupidly changed some setting. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi, I am having trouble viewing the mile splits from a marathon from Sunday on my forerunner 410. I do not have the connection to link it up to a computer unfortunately.

At the moment all that it is giving me is all the information under one lap listing the total distance, total time, cals and miles per minute for the whole run.

I use to be able to check the mile splits after a workout so I'd say I have stupidly changed some setting. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    I'd guess that either:
    (a) You disabled the auto-lap feature, in which case the actual splits are gone (but you can still view mile splits in something like Strava or Sportstracks if you upload your run)
    (b) Your device has run out of memory and the splits (and data) have not been saved and are gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Looking to pick up a spare Garmin 405 charger clip if anybody has a spare one knocking around. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

emerald007 wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a spare Garmin 405 charger clip if anybody has a spare one knocking around. Thanks
    Hi enerald007, I think I might have one lying around, I'll check later and if I find it I'll send you a pm.

Advertisement