Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Looking for an engineer manual for an Aritech CS350. Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Just back from holidays and my alarm is making this weird noise, I took a little video of it.

I'm still able to set and disarm it.

It's an Astec 63dv, quite old.

I had found an online manual for it, but it doesn't tell me much.

https://youtu.be/EG5zLQK1ER8

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you the manual.
    Try opening the panel & removing the battery link.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have PMed you the manual.
    Try opening the panel & removing the battery link.

After removing, do I put it back?

Will doing that set off the alarm?

• Advertisement

Id removing it stops the noise it would indicated the battery is the problem.Has the panel been flashing battery or battery fault.
    Does the panel display 61 Call Engineer?

Id removing it stops the noise it would indicated the battery is the problem.Has the panel been flashing battery or battery fault.
    Does the panel display 61 Call Engineer?

This is what's on it..

When i try to set it now its saying 1 5 AB fault 4hen bell fault.

Right, took the panel off, it stopped that noise, display still says the same thing.

So do I need to get a battery for it?

Power down the system completely and disconnect the battery. Power up on mains only and disconnect the internal and external bell. (SAB)
    Reconnect the internal bell on its own and see if the bell fault disappears. Then try the external bell on its own and see if the external bell (SAB) fault disappears.

Power down the system completely and disconnect the battery. Power up on mains only and disconnect the internal and external bell. (SAB)
    Reconnect the internal bell on its own and see if the bell fault disappears. Then try the external bell on its own and see if the external bell (SAB) fault disappears.

Is the battery in the bottom of the bigger unit?

If replacing the battery will sort it, could it be gotten from the likes of Amazon?

The battery required is 12vdc 2.1 amp.
    You can source them locally in any security or electrical suppliers.
    I wouldn't be replacing the battery untill you eliminate other factors as I suggested above.

• Advertisement

This is my sisters alarm, she's looking for a manual for it, I tried looking online for an engineer's manual, but no joy.

Would you have one?

I have PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

I bought a HKC 1070 over the weekend that I'm enjoying learning about and setting up. I'll be getting a PSA installer to certify it down the line but want to know how it works first (general interest in electronics).

The manual that came with it is 10 pages- think it's called a quick start guide. Is this the installation manual or is there anything more comprehensive that I'm missing?

Great forum by the way - dodged a bullet on going the lazy phonewatch route.

Hi
    I have PMed you that manual . I hope it helps.
    Well done on the dodge. Good to see we are getting through to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Great choice of panel for learning off but what had you in mind to do with it are you going wired or wireless adding GSM or using a voice dialler .

bikenut wrote: »
    I bought a HKC 1070 over the weekend that I'm enjoying learning about and setting up. I'll be getting a PSA installer to certify it down the line but want to know how it works first (general interest in electronics).

The manual that came with it is 10 pages- think it's called a quick start guide. Is this the installation manual or is there anything more comprehensive that I'm missing?

Great forum by the way - dodged a bullet on going the lazy phonewatch route.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

stuartkee wrote: »
    Great choice of panel for learning off but what had you in mind to do with it are you going wired or wireless adding GSM or using a voice dialler .

Wired mostly, wireless on the sash windows which seem impossible to wire. Paranoid about GSM signal blocking so attracted by the two-way SecureComm. Already have an alarm in place so will play with this for a while before relying on it.

Thanks KoolKid!

If you are worried about GSM blocking then securecom would be vulnerable as its backed up by GPRS using a Sim.
    If I was concerned about this and the vulnerability of the broadband I would like decent polling responses like 1-5 minutes as opposed to 90 minutes or 8 hours with HKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mick301

Hi I got a hkc quantum 70 installed a fue years ago I am now getting a fr low battery I was in the log and think it is the sabb is this the outside bell ?
    Would any one be able to send me the engineers manual for this Allarm ?
    Thanks
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mick301

Thanks a lot
    I appreciate it thanks
    Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

am getting an Control Panel low battery warning on HKC Quantum 70..can someone send me engineers manual to let me change and reset it

is it difficult to do?

Thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I sent you that manual.
    Remember you may need the engineer code to reset the battery timer on this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I sent you that manual.
    Remember you may need the engineer code to reset the battery timer on this system.

I have it..thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Hello,
    I am looking for engineer's manual for Aritech CS350, if available.
    Want to replace battery for a friend. Thanks

PMed you that. If you need any help come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

PMed you that. If you need any help come back to us.
    Many thanks Koolkid.
    Will have a look and come back if I get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mustyo

Hi all, I'm looking for an installation manual for a HKC Securewatch 6/10.
    Any help appreciated

PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mustyo

Thanks mate, that's excellent. Found what I needed in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ripmaxrapier

Hi Any luck finding the Programming and User manual for Itec Meridian, (the 20 year Old one) I had to change the main Back Up Battery after a several hour Power Cut and the alarm only held up for an hour and then dropped everything to default, I have fitted the new Battery and all is working ok under the default Access Code 01122 but I need to Programme Zone 1 and make it a set Zone as when we Arm the Alarm now and exit the front door, where it used to take 20 seconds to go to Fully Armed it takes for ever and I need to set the Zone 1 as Entry / Exit and give it a 20 second time, other than that the Alarm is OK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement