Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Clowo wrote: »
    Thanks to both of you, but I think I may need an engineer - I get as far as Access but don't know what to do after that.
    Any thoughts and sorry if this is the wrong thread.
    Display is Bypass 16 Call Engineer

If it's constantly displaying bypass the panel has locked up. Power down and power back up if you are going to try any other codes, otherwise try the factory defaultdefault as Altor described.
    Any good engineer will be able to sort this very quickly otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Clowo

Thank you to both of you for your help - it was invaluable.

And a special word for altor - there are good people left in the world - unbelievable help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Clowo wrote: »
    Thank you to both of you for your help - it was invaluable.

And a special word for altor - there are good people left in the world - unbelievable help :)

Always happy to help when I can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carina95e

Hi,

Anyone got Aritech cs235 install manual? We had call out and got battery replaced, but couldnt get it defaulted.

Alarm still calling previous house owner when it goes off. Seems like needs to be defaulted + enter engineer menu to change phone number? Cant see any phone number in user menus.

Thx

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual.

• Advertisement

Thx KoolKid, is that cs250 install manual the same for cs235? I noticed before the cs250 user manual has menu options different to what i see on cs235 lcd. In system settings theres no Voice Phone Num or Stop Call.

The eng that came out said there was no jumper on cs235 to default it. I cant see anything in cs250 manual to default it or reset installer code?

There is no factory reset link on those panels.

carina95e wrote: »
    Thx KoolKid, is that cs250 install manual the same for cs235? I noticed before the cs250 user manual has menu options different to what i see on cs235 lcd. In system settings theres no Voice Phone Num or Stop Call.

The eng that came out said there was no jumper on cs235 to default it. I cant see anything in cs250 manual to default it or reset installer code?

There is no link but it can be defaulted by an engineer on site.
    Id say your installer just did not know how to do it.
    I have not set up many of them voice dialers, but as far as I can remember you need to change the numbers in engineer mode as opposed to the user menu.

I spoke with the eng that came out and he said to try disconnecting the phone line from the box that does the dialout and see if the alarm still works.

Will probably try that next, he'll come back if it doesnt work.

I spoke with the eng that came out and he said to try disconnecting the phone line from the box that does the dialout and see if the alarm still works.

Will probably try that next, he'll come back if it doesnt work.

It looks like the engineer does not know how to do anything with the system.

I would recommend having someone else do this for you.
    Its not that big a job as he can get support from UTC to default and set back up.

• Advertisement

Will probably try that next, he'll come back if it doesn't work.

I'd be looking at getting someone else to look at it. Its basic stuff to reset and reprogramme this system. He certainly shouldn't be needing to call tech support for something so simple.

I'll talk to eng that came out again, was 95€ for call out which included new battery.

Btw i was quoted 250€ for callout from another company and they couldnt even come this week (midlands location)

Why would you pay someone who didn't finish the job or did not know what they were doing??

I'll talk to eng that came out again, was 95€ for call out which included new battery.

Btw i was quoted 250€ for callout from another company and they couldnt even come this week (midlands location)

Pricing can vary so the best option is always to shop around.
    The engineer should not of taken on the job if he did not know how to fix the issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Balancebelt

Hi, Can someone please send me a copy of the HKC Quantum 70 engineers manual? I have downloaded the user manual bet I can't see how to change the dialout phone number. Do I need the Engineer code for that?

Thanks in advance.

I have PMed you that manual.
    Hope it helps.

Many Thanks KoolKid, really appreciate that - lots of reading !!- Can to confirm the 1070 and the Quantum70 have similar software/menus/hardware?

Thanks again for amazing help and response.

They are pretty much the same. I've sent you both now.
    Should be of help.

Wow, many thanks, KoolKid, much appreciated. Gives me a much better understanding of the system.

No problem. If you need any help you know where we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭T-wolf

Hey Folks,

Would anyone have the engineer and/or manager manual (I have the user manual) for the HKC Securewatch model SW8/12 alarm system?

Thanks in advance :)

PMed you that manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Looking for installation manual/ wiring instructions for HKC SW-10120 if anyone would have one or send me link of where to find one? Have startup guide but it doesnt give me what I'm looking for.
    Thanks

PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 joeyla

Could someone please send me engineers manual for HKC Quantum 70, have Internal battery message and unsure what to do.

You will need engineer access to remove the message & reset the battery timer.

KoolKid wrote: »

Much appreciated KoolKid. Thx

KoolKid wrote: »

Much appreciated KoolKid. Thx

Does this mean I would need the Engineering Access Code ?

Yes. It's a strange set up HKC use here. Most other systems clear the fault once the panel sees a good battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sventumba

Hi!

Also looking for the HKC SW-10120 installation manual. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement