Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Landlover

Hi,

I have an alarm panel with Identifier written on it. Is there a manual for this available?

Many thanks

LL

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We are limited to what we can share here now.
    Let me see if I can get you a legitimate link to one.
    What's the problem you are having?

Hi Thanks for the reply,

I see. just moved into the house. Battery needs replacing, the time and date needs to be set correctly, plus the usual alarm code change if the passcode is the default.
    thanks
    LL

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The battery is a straightforward swap out. 12vdc &amp rechargeable battery.
    You will need the codes to reprogramme the system.
    The default codes are Master User 1020 Engineer 1010.

Hi KoolKid,
    Many thanks for the reply, that was just what i was looking for.

LL

• Advertisement

Happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi,

Anyone have the instructions for setting up HKC Securetext?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

Anyone have the instructions for setting up HKC Securetext?

Thanks

When you set up Securetext you will usually get a email with instructions to set it up.
    In engineer mode:
    Serial port menu, modem card menu, options menu, sms server number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Can't find my installation/engineers manual for this. Could someone please send me one? Thanks, Paul

Can't find my installation/engineers manual for this. Could someone please send me one? Thanks, Paul

Manuals are no longer allowed to be shared due to copyright protection on them.
    If you have an issue please open a thread and ask away with any questions you might have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 petitchat

Hi All,
    I am looking for help finding my engineer code or master code for a Simon 3 alarm system. Any help appreciated.

Jeff.

Hi Jeff

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you with manuals or engineer codes here on boards.
    You can request your engineer code from Phonewatch & come back here for whatever help you need.

petitchat wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am looking for help finding my engineer code or master code for a Simon 3 alarm system. Any help appreciated.

Jeff.

You will need to contact P.W. re your code.
    They will give it to you if you sign a waiver form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 petitchat

I had an engineer here and I asked him. He said he could not give me the one he uses but I can use the code for the alarm.
    Just wondering if this is the same as the master code and will it let me access everything to delete the external phone numbers when contract expires.
    I don't want to accidentally delete sensors 😬

Cheers for the help.

petitchat wrote: »
    I had an engineer here and I asked him. He said he could not give me the one he uses but I can use the code for the alarm.
    Just wondering if this is the same as the master code and will it let me access everything to delete the external phone numbers when contract expires.
    I don't want to accidentally delete sensors 😬

Cheers for the help.

If you have your user code then you can change the master code as this is the user code.
    This will not allow you delete sensors but you can walk test them if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hans.gruber

Hi,

Having long term problems with Astec 63DV system. At the moment it is going off randomly and seeing '16 Call Engineer' error on box. Looking for engineer manual and code if possible ? Had engineer out in the house last week to replace battery but he couldnt do anything else as he didnt have the manual or code for the system.

Willing to have a look myself but will probably have to get someone else out to try and repair system. Would like to have manual on hand.

Cheers

Dave

Unfortunately we are not allowed help you here with engineer codes or manuals anymore.
    I'd say it's call engineer 76.
    Did you pay him for the job?
    Get the engineer back out to finish the job. It would have taken him 10 minutes to default and reprogramme the system.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Unfortunately we are not allowed help you here with engineer codes or manuals anymore.
    I'd say it's call engineer 76.
    Did you pay him for the job?
    Get the engineer back out to finish the job. It would have taken him 10 minutes to default and reprogramme the system.

Ah np. Unfortunately, I did pay him for battery install. Will have a look for someone else to come out. Thanks again.

Replace the battery, don't bother clearing the faults and still gets paid??
    The lads who know what they are doing are doing something wrong....

Tell me about it :) He tried to fix it but for a while but said without the engineer manual or code he could do nothing more.....

• Advertisement

Tell me about it :) He tried to fix it but for a while but said without the engineer manual or code he could do nothing more.....

He shouldn't have needed either. It's quicker to reprogramme them than even going out look in the van for the manual.

Hi,

Having long term problems with Astec 63DV system. At the moment it is going off randomly and seeing '16 Call Engineer' error on box. Looking for engineer manual and code if possible ? Had engineer out in the house last week to replace battery but he couldnt do anything else as he didnt have the manual or code for the system.

Willing to have a look myself but will probably have to get someone else out to try and repair system. Would like to have manual on hand.

Cheers

Dave

Did you try a default yourself Dave?

altor wrote: »
    Did you try a default yourself Dave?

I haven't tried to default it myself. Will it lose all the configured zones ? My main worry there is having to reconfig the system again.

Cheers for the help.

The problem I have is that if I default I am worried that all the zones are gone. Would have no idea how to set them again. Is it possible to set the entire house as a single zone if needed ?

One further thing, when I leave engineer mode it is saying "Tamper Infrared CH1" but there is no infrared on the system

The problem I have is that if I default I am worried that all the zones are gone. Would have no idea how to set them again. Is it possible to set the entire house as a single zone if needed ?

One further thing, when I leave engineer mode it is saying "Tamper Infrared CH1" but there is no infrared on the system

Id say that is your issue as 16 Call Engineer refers to this bus.
    If you are in engineer mode, clear 70 will scan for the PIRs on the bus. if not are found 0 will appear.

The Astec system is one of the simplest systems to set up so defaulting and setting back up is not an issue.

altor wrote: »
    Id say that is your issue as 16 Call Engineer refers to this bus.
    If you are in engineer mode, clear 70 will scan for the PIRs on the bus. if not are found 0 will appear.

The Astec system is one of the simplest systems to set up so defaulting and setting back up is not an issue.

Thanks for the help, will try defaulting the system to see if it clears. I take it steps to set it back up are only in the engineer manual ? I have the user manual but its pretty basic stuff and nothing relating to setup.

Thanks for the help, will try defaulting the system to see if it clears. I take it steps to set it back up are only in the engineer manual ? I have the user manual but its pretty basic stuff and nothing relating to setup.

You're welcome.

The user manual is for user functions.
    Its an easy systems to set up as most options by default are set.
    Same with zones and types as they are covered by the different units installed.
    If you have PIRs then yes these will need to be set up for part or access zones but come back to us and we will point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I tend to get this fault from time to time, sometimes it rights itself quick enough others, not so quick. Lots of ATS ups and downs.

Is there anything I can do to correct it, when I need to use it, or do I just have to wait?

Check what the polling times are set to.

Full Engineer>Communications>FlexC>
    Edit Configured ATS
    Edit Sequence Table and select from

ATP Category Polling Interval Polling Timeout Polling Interval Polling Timeout
    Cat 6 [Ethernet] 8s 20s 8s 20s
    Cat 5 [Ethernet] 10s 90s 10s 90s
    Cat 4 [Ethernet] 30s 3min 30s 3min
    Cat 3 [Ethernet] 60s 30min 60s 30min
    Cat 2A [Ethernet]2min 4hr 2min 4hr
    Cat 2 [Ethernet] 2min 24hr 2min 24hr
    Cat 1 [Ethernet] 2min 30 Days 2min 30 Days

If you are set at Cat 5 or 6 maybe drop it down 1.

Some good information in the manual here from Vanderbilts Website

• Advertisement

lewis wrote: »
    I tend to get this fault from time to time, sometimes it rights itself quick enough others, not so quick. Lots of ATS ups and downs.

Is there anything I can do to correct it, when I need to use it, or do I just have to wait?

Have you not contacted the installer direct?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement