Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

KoolKid wrote: »
    Check what the polling times are set to.

Full Engineer>Communications>FlexC>
    Edit Configured ATS
    Edit Sequence Table and select from

ATP Category Polling Interval Polling Timeout Polling Interval Polling Timeout
    Cat 6 [Ethernet] 8s 20s 8s 20s
    Cat 5 [Ethernet] 10s 90s 10s 90s
    Cat 4 [Ethernet] 30s 3min 30s 3min
    Cat 3 [Ethernet] 60s 30min 60s 30min
    Cat 2A [Ethernet]2min 4hr 2min 4hr
    Cat 2 [Ethernet] 2min 24hr 2min 24hr
    Cat 1 [Ethernet] 2min 30 Days 2min 30 Days

If you are set at Cat 5 or 6 maybe drop it down 1.

Some good information in the manual here

If it keeps doing it, I'll try that, yesterday was the only time it did it for that long.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Might have just been an ISP problem so. Nothing to worry about unless it's staying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

lewis wrote: »
    I tend to get this fault from time to time, sometimes it rights itself quick enough others, not so quick. Lots of ATS ups and downs.

Is there anything I can do to correct it, when I need to use it, or do I just have to wait?

Is this another one of these free notification failures ?
    Do you have any back up on the system ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like it is. Could be worse, he might have a paid for option that would only notify of a poll fail after 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

Sounds like it is. Could be worse, he might have a paid for option that would only notify of a poll fail after 8 hours.

8 hours is it :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

kub wrote: »
    Is this another one of these free notification failures ?
    Do you have any back up on the system ?
    kub wrote: »
    8 hours is it :D:D:D

Get along now.....nothing is perfect in this world...you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seamus0954

I'm trying to source an GSD I 10-70 installation manual, I'd be greatfull if anyone can help
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Seamus0954 wrote: »
    I'm trying to source an GSD I 10-70 installation manual, I'd be greatfull if anyone can help
    Thanks

We are not allowed share manuals that are copyright protected.

Seamus0954 wrote: »
    Thanks

Here is the i70 one .
    Most things are pretty similar. What are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hi guys

Can get the Quantum 70 manual PM'd please? I need to change the internal battery.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi
    HKC do not share their manuals online. You would need to contact them directly or contact an installer.
    You can reset the battery timer if you have the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hi
    HKC do not share their manuals online. You would need to contact them directly or contact an installer.
    You can reset the battery timer if you have the engineer code.

Well tbh the problem I have is getting the panel off - already have the alarm in setup/service mode. I know there's two clips to the right hand side but I can't see what I'm doing.

How old is your system?
    Reset the battery timer and see if it clears the fault.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Well tbh the problem I have is getting the panel off - already have the alarm in setup/service mode. I know there's two clips to the right hand side but I can't see what I'm doing.

Its the left hand side, once you open the door you should see the clips.
    Two screws under the tabs.

I want to upgrade from hkc 812 to a modern system with free app for remote access and notification also handle ip camera system in parallel
    My research to date has me leaning towards GSD i 10-70 or siemens spc system

They would be the 2 I'd recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Just moved into a new house and have a scopetronic homeguard keypad for the alarm. We have the number the previous owners used but ideally we'd like to change it, will the engineers manual tell us how to do it? Thanks.

You will need the engineer code.

I would like to run with GSD as its Irish made but I would love to be able to access more tech. detail to compare with siemens before making a purchase.
    I can't seem to locate any decent specification on the GSD that's readily available for the HKC/Siemens
    I have a copy of the i70 but i'm sure there is more on offer from the i 10-70, I feel that GSD would do themselves a big sales favour by putting more info out in the public domain.

What are you looking for

• Advertisement

Just need full tech. speck on Gsd with latest features for comparison with siemens spc. An installation manual generally furnishes a lot of info

Unfortunatly they dont have the i1070 available online yet.
    Some details here though.
    http://globalsecurity.ie/gsdi-10-70-hybrid-alarm-panel/#page
    Here is the i70 & i770 .
    Feature wise they are much the same with the remote keypad being much smaller than the i70

• Registered Users Posts: 8 soundsgood

Hello

Would anyone have an engineer manual for HKC 70 alarm.

Need to change battery reset etc..

Thanks

Hi we are no longer allowed share manuals here. You should contact the manufacturer or an installer.
    Have you the engineer code?
    You will need that to reset the battery timer on that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 soundsgood

The engineer code has been changed from default. How does one reset the engineer code to default?

If its not engineer locked you can power the system down completely, remove the factory link & power up again. If its not engineer locked you will be prompted to default.

soundsgood wrote: »
    The engineer code has been changed from default. How does one reset the engineer code to default?

If the system is not locked scroll to default codes using the # button.
    If you do a full default the whole system will need to be set back up.
    By just doing the codes you just go into engineer mode using default codes and set them back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rk2017

I have googled extensively but cannot find an engineers manual for the Aritech CS350. I have an old out of service one that I need to remove but I want to check a few specs before I do so as I will reuse the bells, etc.

Can anyone point to where a spec can be found?

Thanks in advance & BR
    - Rob

EDIT: I just saw now that apparently it's not ok to ask for manuals now, apologies...

Yes, unfortunately we are no longer allowed share manuals here. Aritech also no longer exist as a company. You could try contacting some installers who may have some genuine copy's around.
    What information are you looking for?

• Advertisement

rk2017 wrote: »
    I have googled extensively but cannot find an engineers manual for the Aritech CS350. I have an old out of service one that I need to remove but I want to check a few specs before I do so as I will reuse the bells, etc.

Can anyone point to where a spec can be found?

Thanks in advance & BR
    - Rob

EDIT: I just saw now that apparently it's not ok to ask for manuals now, apologies...

On the inside of the lid of the CS350 it has a diagram of the wiring locations if thats any help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement