Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rocoso

altor thaks for all ...i have the hkc quantum 70 installed in my Moms house ...it told me to replace the panel battery ...which i did and now with the new one its still telling me that the main panel battery needs replacing....if i turn off ac supply it stays alive suggesting that the battery is ok....have only done that for 30 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

rocoso wrote: »
    altor thaks for all ...i have the hkc quantum 70 installed in my Moms house ...it told me to replace the panel battery ...which i did and now with the new one its still telling me that the main panel battery needs replacing....if i turn off ac supply it stays alive suggesting that the battery is ok....have only done that for 30 minutes...

You need to go into the battery menu in engineer mode and reset the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RichM27

Hi, could I also have the manual for the quantum 70 please I have tried the links on the front page but it takes me to a different system.

Thanks

RichM27 wrote: »
    Hi, could I also have the manual for the quantum 70 please I have tried the links on the front page but it takes me to a different system.

Thanks

Links on the first page are for user manuals.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

RichM27 wrote: »

Thanks
    I presume its the engineer manual your looking for.
    Ive PMed you that manual. Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Peterhickey

hi there looking for the engineer manual for a hkc 16/120 please

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual. If you need any help give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Trunjent

Anybody have engineer manual for hkc sw1070. Thinking of buying one but want to make sure it can do the job I need it to. Also where is the best place to get wired magnetic contacts.
    Thanks...

PMed you that manual.
    What are you looking for it to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Trunjent

KoolKid wrote: »
    PMed you that manual.
    What are you looking for it to do?

Nearly every room is wired for pirs but Im thinking of using those cables to run sensors to the windows and doors. Some rooms have multiple entry points so hoping I can use same cable for multiple entry points and class each room as a zone. Then I can put in pirs and anything else I add as wireless. Thanks for the manual.

• Advertisement

Most systems would allow you do that. If you are short on cable, however, systems like Siemens and GSD allow you to share common negatives to get more onto a single cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jazzy21

Hi koolkid you sent me link to eircom PHONE warch Simon xl engineer manual thanks but was wondering if I could get engineer codes pls

Hi Jazzy
    Unfortunatly we are no longer allowed help you with Engineer codes on Boards.ie

Hi Jazzy
    Unfortunatly we are no longer allowed help you with Engineer codes on Boards.ie

Thanks anywsy

jazzy21 wrote: »
    Thanks anywsy

Sorry can I ask a question sorry if it's stupid but will I find the engineer codes in the engineer Manual

The default codes will be in the manual. However these are usually changed by the installers.

The default codes will be in the manual. However these are usually changed by the installers.

Thanks I had bn trying codes from the manual just thought I was doing something wrong No problem thanks for the quick response
    by the way fantastic site as a single woman trying to maintain a house it's excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

I was wondering if you could PM me with the engineer manual for the HKC Quantum 70 please?

Thanks in advance!

More than happy to. PMed you that manual.
    If you need any help come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 penfox2

Hi does anybody have an ENGINEER manual for hkc sw1070.
    My old alarm is acting up and the HKC1070 was suggested to me. The house is hard wired up already and I was wondering if I would be able to do the job myself.

I would really appreciate any feedback from anyone on how complicated it would be to install the control panel and keypad.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 penfox2

Thanks Koolkid for the help :)

penfox2 wrote: »
    Thanks Koolkid for the help :)

Your welcome. If you need any help give me a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I've had enough with our house alarm, don't want to put anymore money into it, it's old and not worth it, this morning it just set the external bell off and I couldn't turn it off.

So my question is what crowd should I be looking at for a new system, what brand is a good one that'll last, what aftermarket benifits will I have, like will it have the likes of an app and is that app worth it?

Is there anything else I should be asking about or need to ask before buying, cheers.

There is some very good information in the sticky here re IP systems with apps etc. If you have specific questions maybe come back to us in a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can I get the Quantum 70 Engineers Manual please, I have misplaced mine and I need to reset the battery counter

Villain wrote: »
    Can I get the Quantum 70 Engineers Manual please, I have misplaced mine and I need to reset the battery counter

You will need the engineer code to do this.

Enter engineer code, authorized by, user code.
    Service menu, press yes, engineer tools menu, press yes, battery menu, press yes.
    Scroll to replace battery, press yes.
    This resets the time.

Press quit till you see exit engineering, then press yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

looking for manual for Aritech CS350 if possible. Kept a hard copy for years and now can't find it when I need it!
    Had some building work done in the house and now I need to re-wire zone 4 after they butchered my cables. Even a schematic would do me and i'll know which cable to replace.

What zone are you looking to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

What zone are you looking to replace?

Zone 4. It would save me some time belling out cables if I knew which two connections they were on.

• Advertisement

It's terminals 25 & 26.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement