Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

xsiborg wrote: »
    weird, double posts and now disappearing posts... :|

anyway, twas just a post saying that game of thrones series one, episode one, had just been on sky atlantic, i have it series linked for episode two on 5th feb at 12.05am... :|

That post is still there, dude! Get back on a PC or a laptop for yourself instead of browsing on the phone! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I'm 2/7ths of the way through the first book, i have the first three. The most epic thing about the series isn't the story (which is unreal), it's the length of each book. They're all around 700 pages long.

I want to be starting the second book just before the second season starts in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Mc Love wrote: »
    The fourth book is the worst - it really is a painful read. Book 5 is better :D

I am about halfway through the fourth one, and found it very hard to get into compared to the others, thanks for the good news re the fifth book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

the awkward moment when you pop into a pub to use the toilets, and your son points and asks what the condom vending machine is for...

"em, that's for cigarettes son, yeah, cigarettes!" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Football Manager - it takes over your life. My addictness rating according to the game is "Sleeping is for sissies" and I have played for 8 Days 6 Hours 16 minutes and counting.

Think the first one I got was CM 00/01 and ended up with a rating of "You should feed the dog" or something like that. Before that, I had been borrowing my neighbours disc at the start of the day, loading it up, giving him back the disc, and playing until my parents told me to turn off the PC.

Probably said a lot about the game that it was entirely text based, and had such crazy long loading times, but you still couldn't stop playing it :D.

• Advertisement

Life of Brian on sky arts 1, if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Crustacean Caesar, if ya are about maybe you can settle something between me and another Boardsie.

It involves the use of Ni and O as part of surnames in Irish, and yes I know I have left out the fadas :D

I say that O is used when the surname belongs to a male, and that Ni is used when the person is female. So that Daly for example would be O Dalaigh for a fella and Ni Dalaigh for a lady. Yes again the fadas are missing :D

The other Boardsie says that in relation to O and Ni that they are interchangeable and can be used for both men and women.

So given you are An File, and have a pretty good grasp of Irish (kind of obvious from what I can read on the Irish site), who is right in this little debate?

The man with the scouse twang or the one with the Tiobraid Arann brogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I am about halfway through the fourth one, and found it very hard to get into compared to the others, thanks for the good news re the fifth book.

Really? From the reviews on Amazon the fifth book A Dance With Dragons meant to be worse than the forth A Feast for Crows (which is longer than all 3 of the Lord of the Rings books together (not including appendices)) for dragging on, characters going nowhere slowly. See for your self:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/0002247399/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Kess73 wrote: »
    Crustacean Caesar, if ya are about maybe you can settle something between me and another Boardsie.

It involves the use of Ni and O as part of surnames in Irish, and yes I know I have left out the fadas :D

I say that O is used when the surname belongs to a male, and that Ni is used when the person is female. So that Daly for example would be O Dalaigh for a fella and Ni Dalaigh for a lady. Yes again the fadas are missing :D

The other Boardsie says that in relation to O and Ni that they are interchangeable and can be used for both men and women.

So given you are An File, and have a pretty good grasp of Irish (kind of obvious from what I can read on the Irish site), who is right in this little debate?

The man with the scouse twang or the one with the Tiobraid Arann brogue.

You're right, but you knew that already... STOP SHOWING OFF!!!!

Just jokin', I'm not even mad, I'm impressed! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

You're right, but you knew that already... STOP SHOWING OFF!!!!

Just jokin', I'm not even mad, I'm impressed! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I was just trying to get someone who is pretty fluent in Irish to confirm what I am pretty sure is right, and to tick off Mr "You are English" (despite me being born in Ireland.):D

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    I was just trying to get someone who is pretty fluent in Irish to confirm what I am pretty sure is right, and to tick off Mr "You are English" (despite me being born in Ireland.):D

Ó do bhuachaillí (Dara Ó Briain), Ní do chailíní (Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh), agus ná déan dearmad Níc agus Mhíc! ;)

agus nuair a bhíonn tú críochnaithe ann, féach anseo:

http://pg4anna.tripod.com/names.htm

oh, to get the fadas, "Alt-Gr", or right Alt key, and a, e, i, o, u = á, é, í, ó, ú... :o

*fecks off back to bed*... there was no way i was gonna be able to post that from the mobile! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Missing the opportunity to show off my language expertise so I could watch the Royal Rumble at a friend's house - worth it. :cool:

Missing the opportunity to show off my language expertise so I could watch the Royal Rumble at a friend's house - worth it. :cool:

two shows i cant miss in the morning- 'the amazing world of gumball' and 'regular show' on cartoon network, class! :D

Damn totally forgot that last night was Rumble night. Now I have to try and catch it online today before I see Raw tonight (or tomorrow if I don't stay up tonight).

Will have to avoid reading spoilers in the rasslin' forum for a few hours today methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

* Says something random

Why do women walk around with their arms tucked under their boobs when they are not carrying anything?

Beer Baron wrote: »
    * Says something random

Why do women walk around with their arms tucked under their boobs when they are not carrying anything?

Warmth?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

source wrote: »
    * Says something random

Warmth?

Yup!

Plus those of us who live our boobs are discreetly hugging them....

* Says something random

They are pushing them up just for you.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    source wrote: »
    * Says something random

Warmth?

Yup!

Plus those of us who live our boobs are discreetly hugging them....

and its only now i've copped why some men walk around with their hands in their pockets-

they're keeping their mebbs warm... secretly hugging them though? *shudders* :(

EDIT: actually y'know what's worse?

that 'power walking' that some girls do, just noticed it there now as im walking behind my wife- the arms, big wide sweeps! more than one occasion i've been slapped in the cohones when i'd accidentally walk too close! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Looks like someone's car got stolen last night,taken for a joyride, crashed and then dumped in my estate.Disgusting.

Being towed away at the moment.

• Advertisement

It's just painful.

fdbd2843.jpg

Arse of Taxi sticking out and two Taxi's queuing on the right to get into the rank on the left.

Surely, like Galway, they should queue in the EMPTY rank on Sarsfield Street across from Debenhams and when there is room for another car ONLY then they should move. All it needs is taxis drivers to tell each other about the mutual agreement and it will stop them acting like d*ckheads blocking two lanes of traffic.

The traffic wardens or Gardai could grow a set and give them tickets for parking on double yellow lines and the Gardai could do the guy on the right for how he is.

Regular fines might encourage them to use their actual ranks.

Meh' once they see a Garda they will just move on before he gets there. Traffic Wardens will just ignore them. People seem to assume because there are two lanes "What's the problem, you could easily use the other lane".

team came fourth in the quiz, SO close, at the start it was looking like i'd almost be tempted to do a one man team- 'forever alone guy', but then i got in on a team, didnt do too shabby at all either! smyths now, then icon, up at 6 o clock in the morning, feck it, i'll sleep tomorrow night! :D

Just so everyone knows the UL Clubs and Societies recruitment drive in on tomorrow in the Foundation building (concert hall) from 5.30PM with anyone welcome to join any club or society :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that's pretty cool, any list of clubs and socs available online?
    was a member of MBUL for a year there, great club

zuroph wrote: »
    that's pretty cool, any list of clubs and socs available online?
    was a member of MBUL for a year there, great club

http://ulwolves.ie/

Also, working on getting that other thing for you ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cool, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Army chopper doing loops a Raheen Dooradoyle again.

• Advertisement

was over the Punches Cross/Ballinacurra Road/Ballinacurra gardens area when I was at the Greenpark centre earlier.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the guy with a number of guns in his car who first shot at Gardai and then shot himself with another gun out near Newport last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement