Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Hey guys, does anyone have a spare ADSL modem router I could borrow for a day, my eircom one (i know) is not picking up the line and I wanna see if its a router problem or not :)

Did you try turning it off and back on again?:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

source wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone have a spare ADSL modem router I could borrow for a day, my eircom one (i know) is not picking up the line and I wanna see if its a router problem or not :)

Did you try turning it off and back on again?:D:D:D

Yes multiple times :P tried different cables, sockets rj11 sockets filters, no filters etc :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Yes multiple times :P tried different cables, sockets rj11 sockets filters, no filters etc :P

did you try moving to a decent broadband provider and telling eircom where to stick their router?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I might have one lying around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i have a spare one here XS, but to be honest it's the Zyxel one which is a pain in the proverbial to configure for anything beyond basic internet connectivity, (hence why i wouldn't fob it off on Drifter when he was looking for one last week).

you're more than welcome to it, i only use it for testing purposes anyway.

EDIT: you're also welcome to an inspiron 510m (ten year old laptop) if you want it 'cause it's running slower than a two legged dog after upgrading to linux mint 12, and tbh im sick of píssing around with terminal console at this stage on this thing! :(

• Advertisement

did you try moving to a decent broadband provider and telling eircom where to stick their router?

I did, and am waiting to move over to upc :P

Xsi, perfect thanks :D its only to test it and see if its actually the line or not so I've even more ammo for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

431530_10150595784387769_518082768_8950254_68797871_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

zuroph wrote: »

woops!

I spent my teenage years in the order of malta

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

Poor guy, I really feel for him.

ambulance under bridge pic

Mod of Magic and Illusion posts a pic of what looks like a David Copperfield / Wall of China effort, more practice needed Z... :p

reminded me of this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Birdie086 wrote: »
    woops!

I spent my teenage years in the order of malta

As did I...............;) (some of them anyway)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Beer Baron wrote: »
    As did I...............;) (some of them anyway)
    Mise freisin, mortified for whoever was driving!

Mise freisin, mortified for whoever was driving!

When I used to have a Transit(The Smallest one they make) I used to drive under it and frigthen the crap out of the missus. :D She duck, like it was going to help. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The new Windings track and video are really really good.

XSIBORG IS A GOD!

Got my interwebs fixed in minutes! (Took a bit longer to fix it on my own laptop :P)

XSIBORG IS A GOD!

Got my interwebs fixed in minutes! (Took a bit longer to fix it on my own laptop :P)

ohhh youuuu...:o

*flaps hands before attempting an awkward curtsey*... :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

lawl

426869_3278833692878_1328604837_3293094_1803564142_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Why did I wait so long to go Karting its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anybody see this video yet?

I think its pretty good!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anybody see this video yet?

I think its pretty good!

Well put together, nicely edited, good content, but once more it's the same local 'celebrities' who get put in, eg Eleanor, celia and rich.

The tourist was a great addition, it should have had more of that. All in all a good effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Eleanor?? Isnt she just a local shopper??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

She was Miss Limerick and a model with the Holman Lee Agency.

sioda wrote: »
    Why did I wait so long to go Karting its cool

i was thinking of going recently too til i'd seen the prices for it, i'd say the half hour would fly, for €25 though? i just think its way too steep for an individual, perhaps if we could go there on a boards night out instead of a beers and negotiate a group discount, i'd be all for it... :)

It's mary I rag week, I live quite close to Mary I, a group of students are outside singing 'championes, championes, ole, ole, ole'.........I'll show them who the real f**king championé is if I go out to them. Don't they know I've unemployment to stay in bed for in the morning!!!!

(I'm tired(and maybe a little cranky))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

:D

They were originally going to try and pass of 'Herb' as a local shopper too but just couldn't work around the Bruins Jersey........

- In fairness they work put in was immense, footage shot and borrowed from everywhere, seemed very comprehensive and the end result looked fantastic.

Could have almost fooled me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

xsiborg wrote: »
    i was thinking of going recently too til i'd seen the prices for it, i'd say the half hour would fly, for €25 though? i just think its way too steep for an individual, perhaps if we could go there on a boards night out instead of a beers and negotiate a group discount, i'd be all for it... :)

Living social voucher from last year half price

On the LCO Video

Somebody had mentioned to me about the cyclists at 7:18 that they are cycling on the M7 Motorway. Just in case anybody else spotted this, that video must be pretty old because judging by the broken yellow line that road was still a HQDC(just passed the Cappamore flyover on the bypass) and was not a Motorway so not illegal to be cycling there.(Even if by right they should be in the hard shoulder for safety).

Definately a good video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I've only been gone for about three days and I miss it already.
    Heading back in on Saturday.

just heard a snippet of this girl singing there on spin south west.

story is she's on the shortlist of britain's got talent youtube entries this year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ClodaghLawlor/feed

i think she could do very well... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well that's new. 20 minute wait at UL, 2 Dublin buses and 2 jj Kavanagh's, but not a single 308.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement