Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

weird that, just finished watching "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" there earlier, and just now i was listening to spin south west (radio on the phone), and they were talking about a website called neverlikeditanyway.com

i dont have time to check it out on the mobile but the basic premise of "spotless mind" was that the two of them were going out, then broke up and went for a procedure to erase each other from their memory (i wont give too much away)

the idea of the website then was like an e-bay site for mementoes or gifts that were from an ex that you wanted to sell.

basically the running theme of this post was just me wondering out loud "would i?"... i need to get a blog for this sh-ugar and stop clogging up the thread! :D

EDIT: having been with my wife now nearly 15 years its not something i had given much thought to before, but i like those kind of "what if i could go back and change" films, "the butterfly effect" being another one, but i just wondered what other people thought about "if you could erase a memory, or change something, would you?".

another one springs to mind actually now i think of it- watching "without a trace" the other night, and one of the characters quoted einstein as saying "if you keep doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result every time, then you're just being foolish", something like that... :D

ok, now i'd better get out of the doorway in dunnes before i get run over with a trolley! still have the shopping to do, young lad to collect from school, and then a call-out job later on! crack on! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

yo...have to go into the city in the A.M...did somebody say there was a shop who would fix the smashed screen on my nexus s for less that the 420million dollars i was quoted?

yo...have to go into the city in the A.M...did somebody say there was a shop who would fix the smashed screen on my nexus s for less that the 420million dollars i was quoted?

from the Mobiles and PDA's forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056448925
    N.D.service
    mobile phone and computer,
    unlock and repairs
    ndservice@ymail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

xsiborg wrote: »
    ok, now i'd better get out of the doorway in dunnes before i get run over with a trolley! still have the shopping to do, young lad to collect from school, and then a call-out job later on! crack on! :D

Maybe you did get hit by a trolley, erased the memory, went back in time and it was still somewhere in your subconcious which allowed you to prevent it from happening this time.

Voy wrote: »
    Maybe you did get hit by a trolley, erased the memory, went back in time and it was still somewhere in your subconcious which allowed you to prevent it from happening this time.

well the reason i mentioned that actually was i was posting from the phone at the time, headphones in my ears (listening to spin south west :p) so i didnt hear the old lady behind me asking me to excuse her, so she gave me a 'gentle' nudge in the back with her trolley to get my attention! :D

speaking of spin south west, after reading McLove's post in the radio stations thread, i thought to myself 'im not THAT old', got home from ballyneety anyway, and my wife goes 'i got you something downtown', now whatever about my wife buying HERSELF something downtown, i always worry when she says she bought ME something! :D

i was right, just because i'd said that morning i was cold, she went and bought me-

A PAIR OF LONG JOHNS AND MATCHING VEST!!

ok then, im officially an old man... :(

lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dont be ashamed - I was thinking of buying some long johns to wear under my jeans when I go to the matches...will be lovely snug and warm and nobody would know :D

Mc Love wrote: »
    dont be ashamed - I was thinking of buying some long johns to wear under my jeans when I go to the matches...will be lovely snug and warm and nobody would know :D

one bit of advice, buy a size bigger than you think you'll need, i had to take them off because they felt like i was wearing leggings under my pyjamas, too weird! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Got Supermacs Diner for lunch today. Unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Got Supermacs Diner for lunch today. Unreal!!

Lunch? Mad, I'm just out of bed. Asleep at 12 or so last night and didn't wake up till 11:45am. Watched TV till I was hunted out of bed. Now off to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scholars-Bar-Beer-Club/288525067871470

baron, seems like something you should be getting into...

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scholars-Bar-Beer-Club/288525067871470

baron, seems like something you should be getting into...

Interesting. Been down that road with them already and didn't get anywhere. The whole student market thing is only of interest when your students have money or you sell spirits. Neither of which are in my favour right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Lunch? Mad, I'm just out of bed. Asleep at 12 or so last night and didn't wake up till 11:45am. Watched TV till I was hunted out of bed. Now off to Tesco.

Some of us had to haul our asses outta bed for work at 7am :P

if ever there was a movie where you wished they'd invented 'smellyvision' instead of 3D, its got to be 'A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas'... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

My other half got Skyrim and now has no life :(

he'll probably get all the skyrim references and memes in the 'You Laugh, You Lose' thread in After Hours, cuz i sure as hell dont, them and the game of thrones references- over the head... :(

he'll probably get all the skyrim references and memes in the 'You Laugh, You Lose' thread in After Hours, cuz i sure as hell dont, them and the game of thrones references- over the head... :(

I'm with you on that! Most of the time I just look confused when I'm being told about a cave or dragon or whatnot.

Just as well he hasnt started playing FM

I don't know what that is but now I'm a little worried :eek:

I don't know what that is but now I'm a little worried :eek:

a quick google gave me 'football manager 2012'...

guess who's not a gamer, *raises hand slightly*... :(

Football Manager - it takes over your life. My addictness rating according to the game is "Sleeping is for sissies" and I have played for 8 Days 6 Hours 16 minutes and counting.

• Advertisement

Football Manager - it takes over your life. My addictness rating according to the game is "Sleeping is for sissies" and I have played for 8 Days 6 Hours 16 minutes and counting.

i can only imagine what that's like, only because well it occurs to me now that when i was out on the job yesterday the woman asked me could i do anything with her son's PS3 because he was having trouble getting online with the connection- unable to play against other players in games, i took a quick look at it- 'NAT Type 3' over a wireless connection.

i decided quickest thing to do rather than open a ton of ports was to stick the PS3 in the routers DMZ- play on!

kid happy, mother happier! :D

It will wear off, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Onto the fourth book of the Game of Thrones series and am frickin addicted, doesn't help that a work collegue got me reading them and we spend have the day going on about the books.

off to my mams for a proper sunday roast tomorrow before she heads back to her new life abroad. I know I am 30 but who told my mam she could go on hols last easter and only come back for chrimbo and jan before abandoning me again.

The fourth book is the worst - it really is a painful read. Book 5 is better :D

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Onto the fourth book of the Game of Thrones series and am frickin addicted, doesn't help that a work collegue got me reading them and we spend have the day going on about the books.

off to my mams for a proper sunday roast tomorrow before she heads back to her new life abroad. I know I am 30 but who told my mam she could go on hols last easter and only come back for chrimbo and jan before abandoning me again.

there's game of thrones books too? i presume the series is based on those then, i see it advertised on sky the whole time, i just never got into it, there's a lot of these 'epic' series on tv now that you have to watch from first episode series one to have any clue whats going on at all... :(

'the borgias' on sky1 was a series i really thought i'd get into, but for whatever reason i missed one or two episodes, and the whole thing was up in the air, i couldn't follow it at all... :(

The fourth book is the worst - it really is a painful read. Book 5 is better :D

FIVE books?? :eek:

cross that off my 'to-do list' then! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's going to be a series of 7 books (and one of those already is split into 2 parts, so that's at least 8 volumes) so it's a proper epic!

there's game of thrones books too? i presume the series is based on those then, i see it advertised on sky the whole time, i just never got into it, there's a lot of these 'epic' series on tv now that you have to watch from first episode series one to have any clue whats going on at all... :(

'the borgias' on sky1 was a series i really thought i'd get into, but for whatever reason i missed one or two episodes, and the whole thing was up in the air, i couldn't follow it at all... :(

I watched a couple of the borgias and it really wasnt all that good.
    It's going to be a series of 7 books (and one of those already is split into 2 parts, so that's at least 8 volumes) so it's a proper epic!

Yeah the third book is split into two parts! Its definitely a good read!

Read a trilogy of books there recently by Tom Robb Smith, really addictive, I was hooked. Child 44, The Secret Speech and Agent 6 - would highly recommend them

and just as i was saying there how you had to watch it from series one episode one, GUESS what's just over now on sky atlantic-

yep, game of thrones, series one, episode one! :(

have it series linked anyway to record for episode two, showing on the 5th feb.

that whole 'book splitting' thing though, thats never sat easily with me, they did it with harry potter, they did it with twilight, and now this game of thrones?

i can't tell whether it just smacks of lazy editing on behalf of the author or publishers that they couldn't condense the book down, or was it a marketing ploy to keep people salivating for the next installment and draw more money out of them.

• Advertisement

weird, double posts and now disappearing posts... :|

anyway, twas just a post saying that game of thrones series one, episode one, had just been on sky atlantic, i have it series linked for episode two on 5th feb at 12.05am... :|

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement