Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can't find anywhere to find out if there is any good bands playing tonight, anyone else know? Nancys normally have and curragower

I'm meeting friends in the Curragower in a few minutes. Reliably informed there's a band playing there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Riot in Cruises St at 6PM =\

You causing trouble again? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kess73 wrote: »
    You causing trouble again? :p

Haw :P

Nah, at about 6 about 40, if not more, 'socially disadvantaged members of society all under the age of 20' were in Cruises St for a huuuuuuuuuuuuge fight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,844 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did you throw a can of Dutch Gold into the crowd and watch the madness unfold? :pac:

Did you throw a can of Dutch Gold into the crowd and watch the madness unfold? :pac:

Nah we locked the doors then stood in the window enjoying the show!

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Haw :P

Nah, at about 6 about 40, if not more, 'socially disadvantaged members of society all under the age of 20' were in Cruises St for a huuuuuuuuuuuuge fight!!

Cruises street really seems to be a magnet for scum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Someone mentioned Beamish in another thread about Limerick pubs. The Curragower were pouring it to perfection yesterday evening. I might have to insist on putting them on the agenda for the next Beers!

Someone mentioned Beamish in another thread about Limerick pubs. The Curragower were pouring it to perfection yesterday evening. I might have to insist on putting them on the agenda for the next Beers!

Beamish? Yuck.

Ya need to get some Aspall cyder (yummy yummy) into you.

Ya need to get some Aspall cyder (yummy yummy) into you.

The lads in Mister Macs off-licence are getting to know me from buying Aspall in there so often! Best cider on the market, and well worth the higher price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Haven't tried the Aspalls. Like the Stella Cidre, Kopparberg is more like an energy drink or something - how does all that sugar stay in suspension? :D
    Like the ol Beamish, suppose it reminds me of the motherland and having my breakfast overlooking the Beamish and Crawford brewery :)

• Advertisement

The lads in Mister Macs off-licence are getting to know me from buying Aspall in there so often! Best cider on the market, and well worth the higher price too.

It is bloody lovely especially the organic version.

Where is Mister Macs? Would be handy to know another Offy that stocks Aspall. I normally get mine at the Next Door offy on the Father Russell road.

Where is Mister Macs? Would be handy to know another Offy that stocks Aspall. I normally get mine at the Next Door offy on the Father Russell road.

Macs is on the Ennis Road, between the petrol station and JFK Memorial School.

O'Brien's Wines at the Parkway sell it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

I want to try Aspall's cider lol... Kess, have you tried the cider in the Curragower? It's yummy, organic and strong and you and I could confer about CK lol... :D Should definitely have a chat on a boards night and discuss the gossip ;)

PS Mac's is on the Ennis Road :)

Oops IO told you lol ;)

I want to try Aspall's cider lol... Kess, have you tried the cider in the Curragower? It's yummy, organic and strong and you and I could confer about CK lol... :D Should definitely have a chat on a boards night and discuss the gossip ;)

PS Mac's is on the Ennis Road :)

Oops IO told you lol ;)

If the Curragower is the pub I am thinking about, then I have never been there.

What brand of cider is it? Aspall cyder ( with a Y :)) is the first cider/cyder to really tickle my taste buds away from the Devon ciders, although technically some of them are nowadays made in Hereford in Herefordshire rather than in Devon. :)

Speaking of short stuff, yesterday I saw the person that used to live in his house before he did, and she is still as nutty as a squirrel's larder. He is an improvement I guess :D. One of his other ex neighbour's is doing well for himself and had a new book published of late (last summer I think) that is getting a lot of rave reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

The laptop which cannot be killed has returned once more. Thanks xsiborg, went up to that guy in Davis St and got it sorted for €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

source wrote: »
    The laptop which cannot be killed has returned once more. Thanks xsiborg, went up to that guy in Davis St and got it sorted for €50.

no bother t'all source, i know €50 was pricey but if the rest of the laptop stil does what you want it to do, and will do for the foreseeable, sometimes it's better to get it repaired rather than fork out even more money for a new laptop essentially to do the same thing!

my son still uses windows XP on a ten year old dell gx150 desktop computer attached to his tv as a monitor and it works the finest for his youtube and cbeebies requirements, or his latest thing- 'bin weevils', he's already got the hang of pulling up a word or excel document when i walk by the room, lol, course what he doesnt see is im out in the living room keeping an eye on everything he's doing with remote desktop.

ok i will admit to messing with his head a little the odd time, and i know he's eventually going to figure it out, but thats a whole other ball game... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

xsiborg wrote: »
    no bother t'all source, i know €50 was pricey but if the rest of the laptop stil does what you want it to do, and will do for the foreseeable, sometimes it's better to get it repaired rather than fork out even more money for a new laptop essentially to do the same thing!

my son still uses windows XP on a ten year old dell gx150 desktop computer attached to his tv as a monitor and it works the finest for his youtube and cbeebies requirements, or his latest thing- 'bin weevils', he's already got the hang of pulling up a word or excel document when i walk by the room, lol, course what he doesnt see is im out in the living room keeping an eye on everything he's doing with remote desktop.

ok i will admit to messing with his head a little the odd time, and i know he's eventually going to figure it out, but thats a whole other ball game... :D

you know when your old...he's going to shove you in a home

you know when your old...he's going to shove you in a home

he's trying to get rid of me already! haha, doesnt like me accompanying him to the toilet when we're out and about which is how he left his phone behind him in supermacs yesterday.

i was hoping whoever picked it up would be decent enough to hand it back, tried calling twice, then hoped they'd switch in a new sim card so i'd get their location and number on my phone, no chance so an hour later before i knew the battery was going to go dead, i did a remote wipe, then got the IMEI blocked, whoever took it can enjoy their new fancy paperweight!

If the Curragower is the pub I am thinking about, then I have never been there.

What brand of cider is it? Aspall cyder ( with a Y :)) is the first cider/cyder to really tickle my taste buds away from the Devon ciders, although technically some of them are nowadays made in Hereford in Herefordshire rather than in Devon. :)

Speaking of short stuff, yesterday I saw the person that used to live in his house before he did, and she is still as nutty as a squirrel's larder. He is an improvement I guess :D. One of his other ex neighbour's is doing well for himself and had a new book published of late (last summer I think) that is getting a lot of rave reviews.

He most be an improvement lol :D

It's Weston's cider that's stocked at the Curragower :)

The organic version of that is lovely.

What kind of crowd goes to that pub? If I am thinking of the right pub, then I had an image of a jock and Hipster wannabe type crowd.

• Advertisement

The organic version of that is lovely.

What kind of crowd goes to that pub? If I am thinking of the right pub, then I had an image of a jock and Hipster wannabe type crowd.
    Yeah, it's the organic version they stock. It's yummy! I haven't been to the curragower in a while but from what I remember it's usually a mixed crowd and it's a well run pub. Their food is very good too. Sorry for the weird layout of this, posting from my phone for the first time lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

How come we leave eggs in the fridge but we buy them off the shelf in the supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,844 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

philosoraptor.jpg?1291090164

How come we leave eggs in the fridge but we buy them off the shelf in the supermarket?

that IS random, lol, but so true, im just home from dunnes stores, harveys quay, where i happened to buy some eggs for breakfast in the morning, read the e-mail notification of your post, (i find myself posting more and more from the mobile nowadays too, anyone else use boards on their mobile more than on their computer?), but anyway, yeah, dunnes display the eggs on a wooden shelf next to a fridge, and there i've just put the eggs away in the little egg holder i have in the fridge.

incidentally they do the same in tesco aswel, eggs on a shelf.

maybe its because there's a high turnover on eggs and the idea that they wouldn't need to take up valuable space in the shops refrigerator where they can store goods that can be refrigerated for a while like dairy produce and cold meats?

while i googled that actually, i came across something else interesting on a food health and safety website-

it stated than when you're doing your shopping, you should place raw meat goods in the bottom of your basket first, makes sense too now i think about it, but i dont buy my meat in a store, o' connells butchers every time!

nothing worse than gnawing on cheap meat that tastes as tough as shoe leather, like the meat you get in dunnes, or an even worse culprit for leather meat is tesco!

speaking of leather, i was left wondering today why i bothered polishing my shoes last night when all day its been raining and my shoes are soaked! :(

hopefully it doesnt keep up like that for the next 39 days and 39 nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lissa

We recently used brokens****n.e and I would not recommend them. We had our laptop come back broken in 2 other places. Terrible customer service!

lissa wrote: »
    We recently used brokens****n.e and I would not recommend them. We had our laptop come back broken in 2 other places. Terrible customer service!

I get that this is a "random" thread, and that nothing is really off-topic here, but please don't use it for bad-mouthing a business completely out of the blue like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

that IS random....

I'm impressed at how you got that from eggs to shoes so seamlessly while still answering the question.

Wonder how long eggs would last at home if you didn't keep them in the fridge.

Voy wrote: »
    Wonder how long eggs would last at home if you didn't keep them in the fridge.

determined-challenge-considered.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

determined-challenge-considered.png

Buy 12, boil one every day and eat it.That way you'll find out :pac:

• Advertisement

When baking and stuff it's better to use room temperature eggs, they expand more!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement