Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Video fail. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Even Jerry Flannery is getting in on the Limerick monorail meme.

190775.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Lads need a new wireless router...has to be capable of doing ip forwarding...suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Lads need a new wireless router...has to be capable of doing ip forwarding...suggestions?

is this the same idea as port forwarding? any router should be able to do this D, or are you talking about just a router that you can use to hook up to a cable modem in bridge mode?

for example, in order to be able to remotely access my different computers when im out and about, i have four separate remote desktop rules set up in the port forwarding page on my router, made the appropriate changes to the listening ports for my windows machines in the registry, and using VNC to access the linux box.

my router (a belkin play n600) uses something called DynamicDNS so i don't have to remember a specific IP address (maybe this is what you mean?), therefore when im out, in practical terms, what i can do is open the remote desktop app, type in-

mydomain.dyndns.org:3389 to access my laptop,

mydomain.dyndns.org:3390 for my wife's laptop,

mydomain.dyndns.org:3391 for my desktop,

mydomain.dyndns.org:5900 to access the linux box.

EDIT: forgot to add, im using a DSL router with smart telecom, i know boardsies rave on about the speed of UPC on here, but as one of the reasons i wouldn't go with them is that their cable modem/router combos are painful to set up port forwarding, but it's not impossible, just far too much hassle for me personally. check out this post here if you're with UPC Drifter, it might give you some idea about going with a different router-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71665694&postcount=452

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Sorry meant port forwarding...not concentrating :P yes im aware of the dynamicDNS setup...however im fancy and have a fixed IP :P ill prob just pop into maplin and have a lookse. I have a DVR set up at home and want to forward requests sent to port 80 to the local IP of my DVR. and Remote Desktop /VNC requests to the IP of my machines.

The router I have works fine...however lately im having issues with the WAN port on it so time for a new one

Sorry meant port forwarding...not concentrating :P yes im aware of the dynamicDNS setup...however im fancy and have a fixed IP :P ill prob just pop into maplin and have a lookse. I have a DVR set up at home and want to forward requests sent to port 80 to the local IP of my DVR. and Remote Desktop /VNC requests to the IP of my machines.

The router I have works fine...however lately im having issues with the WAN port on it so time for a new one

you should be able to set a rule in your routers port forarding page to route port 80 traffic to the IP of your DVR, on my router the port forwarding page is called "virtual servers", so the linefor your DVR will look something like

DVR 192.168.1.10:80

and then as i have in the example there, put in the rest of the rules for each of your other computers:

PC1 192.168.1.2:3389
    PC2 192.168.1.3:3390

etc.

you will also need to change the listening port in windows to match if you have two or more windows machines in your network.

just thinking of it now too i remember a customer that had a networked DVR box, and every time the home phone rang, the tv would cut out!

they had filters installed, so what i did was put the DVR ip address in the DMZ of the router, and that solved the network interference issues.

myself i have a slingbox at home on my network to watch tv when im out and about.

fairly funny one time i was out and i got a call from my wife- "im trying to watch emmerdale and the sky box keeps changing over to the dirty channels!"... i was in tears laughing! :D

great little device, i can watch and control the sky box when im out and about the very same as if i was sitting in front of it! works anywhere you have an internet connection, can even watch and control it on a mobile phone! :)

Anywhere you'd pick up a cheap USB plug (like you get with the iphone) around town?

I can get them online, but rather get it today if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Anywhere you'd pick up a cheap USB plug (like you get with the iphone) around town?

I can get them online, but rather get it today if I could.

HMV have them I think

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    HMV have them I think

Any idea on the price?

Apple charge the guts of €30 for them!
    Picked some up online before for €2.50 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Just the plug or the cable too?

Just the plug or the cable too?

I only want to plug but would take a cable too if they were going cheap. Can never have enough of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Any idea on the price?

Apple charge the guts of €30 for them!
    Picked some up online before for €2.50 each.

I don't know to be honest just spotted them there one day. €30 is bloody mental though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I only want to plug but would take a cable too if they were going cheap. Can never have enough of them

You could try in Deals, I know they have the cables - if you need it urgently, I could give you a loan of one of mine for a few days if you wanna order one off ebay?

paint me like one of your... beors? :eek:

Image040_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just washed my automobile - so very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That black chopper is flying around raheen again.

You could try in Deals, I know they have the cables - if you need it urgently, I could give you a loan of one of mine for a few days if you wanna order one off ebay?

Cheers for the offer, much appreciated but I got sorted for today.
    Ordering a few off e-bay tonight.

thanks

Mc Love wrote: »
    That black chopper is flying around raheen again.

Different heli same colour (olive drab green).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know why they're digging up the land on the Rosbrien Road (behind Our Lady of Lourdes Community Centre/across from LIDL)?

Completely gutted the field there during the week.

• Advertisement

Anyone know why they're digging up the land on the Rosbrien Road (behind Our Lady of Lourdes Community Centre/across from LIDL)?

Saw that alright, can't see any planning notice on the council site for it. I'll be passing tomorrow and see if I can see a planning notice.

speaking of construction, they did an amazing job on the wall and the grounds of Mary I, looks fantastic when lit up at night too, but the new gates themselves are strangely enough disproportionately high, not to mention the double take i did at the curious shape of the cross on the gate! i'd love to know how that got approval! :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    speaking of construction, they did an amazing job on the wall and the grounds of Mary I, looks fantastic when lit up at night too, but the new gates themselves are strangely enough disproportionately high, not to mention the double take i did at the curious shape of the cross on the gate! i'd love to know how that got approval! :D

Those are the original gates, and pillars. It looks stupid alright with the new lower wall.

It is for an all weather footy pitch similar to the one that Summerville Rovers have in Ballinacurra Gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Keith Earls is now a daddy, congratulations to the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Moths are unable to fly during an earthquake

rather than open a thread for it, does anyone have a number to contact for St. Joseph's Scouts in Limerick?

we're thinking of sending the young lad there, just that on any of the scouts in limerick websites that google throws up, the contact numbers are out of date, so if anyone has a name and number to contact, i'd really appreciate it... :)

xsiborg wrote: »
    rather than open a thread for it, does anyone have a number to contact for St. Joseph's Scouts in Limerick?

we're thinking of sending the young lad there, just that on any of the scouts in limerick websites that google throws up, the contact numbers are out of date, so if anyone has a name and number to contact, i'd really appreciate it... :)

The contact used to be Neil Collins on 086 0474307

Not sure if that if still correct though.

Kess73 wrote: »
    The contact used to be Neil Collins on 086 0474307

Not sure if that if still correct though.

sound Kess, called him there, he put me on to a girl called Julie (i didn't get her second name), but she said she'll get back to me tomorrow when she's back in the office and she can see what the waiting list is like.

i was surprised there was a waiting list to be honest given that it doesn't seem to get much promotion in limerick save for the st. patricks day parade! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

might want to edit out that number again lads. need permission from the owner to post it here under boards rules AFAIK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement