Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    When baking and stuff it's better to use room temperature eggs, they expand more!

handy info to keep in mind for when im baking sponges and meringues! :o

i have a fierce sweet tooth! oh, speaking of which, they're going to be showing all the people that went for diabetes testing in the crescent shopping centre on that operation transformation, it's on tv now! my wife was out there for it, hopes to see herself on tv, but pretending she doesn't want to... :rolleyes:

ohh she is priceless, but she makes me laugh, its all good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

when I was a kid, we had an egg stand, for holding up to 20 eggs, on the kitchen shelf, so they were never kept in the fridge. I read something recently saying that this is the year we should say "NO MORE!" and refuse to keep our eggs in the fridge. You know why we do this? Because of that stupid egg holding thingy that comes with our fridges. take it out and free up some fridge space!

was just watching karl pilkington there on "an idiot abroad" on sky 2, im such a sucker for novelty little things like this that he showed to the camera:

$(KGrHqR,!loE4ly(c,31BOPCkg06gQ~~0_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

from here on e-bay, sale closed though :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You can tell if an egg is fresh or not by putting it in a glass of water, if it floats it's gone off, at the bottom of the glass it's fresh, everywhere in between means different stages of freshness.

I saw that on QI so it must be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

anyone going to be affected by the new traffic lights in annacotty? I have already seen people break them and I am sure I wont be the last - probably going to see an accident there at some stage. Why couldnt they have put a r/a there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Haven't seen the affect of the lights yet. Usually if it creates a backlog on the roundabout then they are NOT effective. I will see in a few minutes I suppose as I come from Newport onto the Motorway.

Worse on a Friday morning when I go home at 8:30am as I have to use the other slip road. There is no yellow box so people just block the motorway exit waiting to get onto to Dublin road. This could make it ten times worse because there will never be a break in morning traffic and you have to look for a drivers good grace(LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Mc Love wrote: »
    anyone going to be affected by the new traffic lights in annacotty? I have already seen people break them and I am sure I wont be the last - probably going to see an accident there at some stage. Why couldnt they have put a r/a there?
    roudabout wouldnt work as the flow of traffic is too constant to allow succesful merging from the side road, would only make things worse. lights were unfortunatley needed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hmmm, no new posts on the forum in 3 hours. What's up with that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hmmm, no new posts on the forum in 3 hours. What's up with that?!

Employment..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Full-time employment, you mean! I've to work all weekend. :(

• Advertisement

< insert smallest violin pic here>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Where you working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Professional head chef at..........

...............pizza hut :P

Wish I was head-chef! It's not bad for a part-time job though, to be fair.

Wish I was head-chef! It's not bad for a part-time job though, to be fair.

Every worked in a pub?

Id really like bar experience for my cv...but couldnt be arsed getting it,

Every worked in a pub?

Nope, not yet. Threw CVs into Smyths, Flannery's and Molly's back in the autumn but heard nothing back. Probably because I didn't have prior experience. /loop

Should really have asked for a few nights in the local GAA club when I was younger.

Nope, not yet. Threw CVs into Smyths, Flannery's and Molly's back in the autumn but heard nothing back. Probably because I didn't have prior experience. /loop

Should really have asked for a few nights in the local GAA club when I was younger.

Ya wish i had done the same...Its a very good international trade to have...sure people love to drink in every country:p

On another topic altogether, I'm liking the club link in your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Remember when I was in college in UCC, there was this training course for barwork that just went on for a day where they taught people how to pull pints, make various cocktails, stuff like that.
    Might be worth looking out for something like that advertised in UL or the other colleges around the place.
    One of my friends did it and managed to get bar work over in Edinburgh for the summer.

On another topic altogether, I'm liking the club link in your sig.

Ya its for this club I havent seen you at in a while. You remember it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ya wish i had done the same...Its a very good international trade to have...sure people love to drink in every country:p

It is pretty handy alright,started working in a pub when I was 15

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

zuroph wrote: »
    roudabout wouldnt work as the flow of traffic is too constant to allow succesful merging from the side road, would only make things worse. lights were unfortunatley needed.

They should change the lights to amber flashing lights after 7pm until 6/7am - no need for stopping traffic between those hours. In fact it should be rolled out across the city

Ya its for this club I havent seen you at in a while. You remember it?

I'll kick myself back into action in February. Having too much fun this month doing other things with my evenings. ;)

I'll kick myself back into action in February. Having too much fun this month doing other things with my evenings. ;)

Excellent...i look forward to administering beating

Not-so-subtle-subtle I'm getting sex post. :p

Pic related: :D

stock-photo-wise-grandfather-and-adorable-grand-daughter-learning-to-play-chess-2890936.jpg

What IO is actually doing! :D Must Admit Mr. C You look good with blonde hair :D

You have a dirty mind, young man! Keep your wild insinuations to Facebook. ;) Free for a chat in town this eve?

Don't think so, But I shall be around tomorrow if that is of any use to you Mr. Overlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭adaminho

Every worked in a pub?

Have you tried going into your local on a quiet night and asking to help out for free? Just ask to be shown the basics and maybe offer to do a night or two for free when you feel comfortable if they give you a reference.

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    Every worked in a pub?

Have you tried going into your local on a quiet night and asking to help out for free? Just ask to be shown the basics and maybe offer to do a night or two for free when you feel comfortable if they give you a reference.

i put myself through college working in bars and clubs, even when i first came down to limerick i worked in the old quarter, but working in a bar back then (15 years ago) was WAY different to what it is now, nowadays its so so much more formal and the atmosphere is different, plus there's the fact now that if you want to get anywhere beyond collecting glasses in a bar, your best bet is to go away and do a CERT course in hospitality and bar management. THEN go applying for experience in the bar trade, at least that way you can go from small pub to medium to superpub/club, build a proper career as such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement