Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooray, weve had rain!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

owenc wrote: »
    Are you saying the weather channel is lying.:rolleyes:.. and your saying 60% humidity isn't high!
    snaps wrote: »
    Hottest ever recorded temp in florida was 109F which is 42c in 1931.

60% humidity is very average to low. Dublin is currently 97% humidity!

I think its not the weather channel was lying . . .:rolleyes::D:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hottest ever recorded temp in florida was 109F which is 42c in 1931.

60% humidity is very average to low. Dublin is currently 97% humidity!

Well the weather channel definately said 40 something c was hit that day and the car said 104f but most of the time i was there it was around 93-98f.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Get a life.:mad:

I've been to Orlando 5 times,many times it's been in the low 30's with 80/90% humidity and i struggled to spend any more than 30 minutes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

im very lucky to have experienced extreme heat and cold.

1992 i was in the sahara desert in 52c of heat, but about 5% humidity, that was in the shade (If you could find it). I wasn't exactly dressed for the heat either, but had no choice.

Ive also been way up in the arctic circle in -40c again with barely any humidity, but this time i was dressed for it!

Even though it was -40c, there was barely any frost on surfaces, due to no moisture in the air, unlike we have here when its frosty!

im very lucky to have experienced extreme heat and cold.

1992 i was in the sahara desert in 52c of heat, but about 5% humidity, that was in the shade (If you could find it). I wasn't exactly dressed for the heat either, but had no choice.

Ive also been way up in the arctic circle in -40c again with barely any humidity, but this time i was dressed for it!

Even though it was -40c, there was barely any frost on surfaces, due to no moisture in the air, unlike we have here when its frosty!

We had -10c here one night in the winter and i was expecting to see a hoar frost and it was pure dry, i'd rather have that than what we have now!

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    I've been to Orlando 5 times,many times it's been in the low 30's with 80/90% humidity and i struggled to spend any more than 30 minutes in it.

I wasn't in orlando and not everyone experiences it the same way you do...:rolleyes:

We had -10c here one night in the winter and i was expecting to see a hoar frost and it was pure dry, i'd rather have that than what we have now!

This winter we experienced last year, was unusual as it was more of a nordic winter than an atlantic winter, thus very low humidity and less white frosts.

Its the 1st ever time ive seen the great lakes frozen here, which i think was the 1st time in over 30 odd years!

Thats another reason why its so dry this summer as the ground barely got any rain since end of November here!

This winter we experienced last year, was unusual as it was more of a nordic winter than an atlantic winter, thus very low humidity and less white frosts.

Its the 1st ever time ive seen the great lakes frozen here, which i think was the 1st time in over 30 odd years!

Thats another reason why its so dry this summer as the ground barely got any rain since end of November here!

Yep and my first time of seeing those temps and frozen lakes. Funny how lough foyle froze though and the river bann didn't when lough foyle is far bigger!!!

Yep and my first time of seeing those temps and frozen lakes. Funny how lough foyle froze though and the river bann didn't when lough foyle is far bigger!!!

Because the river is flowing!, the movement stops it from freezing. The small river here froze but not the river robe which is much larger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I wasn't in orlando and not everyone experiences it the same way you do...:rolleyes:

How does 50c in Luxor,Egypt grab you? Serious heat and feck all humidity. Go into the Valley of the Kings where the heat is even more intense. Most unreal heat i've ever felt!

• Advertisement

Because the river is flowing!, the movement stops it from freezing. The small river here froze but not the river robe which is much larger!

Naw but the river foyle bit of the lough froze and its wider than the river bann in coleraine so i don't know why it didn't freeze

lord lucan wrote: »
    How does 50c in Luxor,Egypt grab you? Serious heat and feck all humidity. Go into the Valley of the Kings where the heat is even more intense. Most unreal heat i've ever felt!

That would be fine because it has low humidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Yea well them selfish farmers better start thinking about people who are off for their summer holidays and not themselves!:( They've got all year to get they're ****ty rain! Its not a drought either, in america a drought is like a whole region the size of the uk without rain anywhere not even a mm for like 3 years or something like that! Its not fair all i want is sunshine! Its not under average rain either its above average rain.

Reality check.......

60% of normal rainfall and we are selfish for wanting rain.

If you say farmers are being selfish then look in the mirror and see who is being selfish, it is not the farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ever thought of moving to London? I was there 3 weeks ago, was far too hot for me. 30c is too much. 21-25c is perfect!

same here. i'd hate to live in a city with such temperatures. imagine been stuck in traffic jams in that kind of heat.

anyway, it has been bucketing down here for the last four hours.

there are only a few spots of brown left and the fertiliser seems to be taking effect by the hour - maybe a slight exaggeration there;)

Good god this rain is while slow its still not here it'll not be here to 11 now at this rate! Theres still patches of sunshine here aswell that good that i can see the sun setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Just had a look there at the uk met radar sequence for the last 6 hrs, and if ever proof was needed at just how gammy the Shannon radar is lately, then this is it:

119678.jpg

Almost the whole sequence shows the rain suddenly increasing in intensity once it passes outside the Shannon radar range:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Our own met radar is the same and is proving useless for this area of the country. It barely even shows returns for here anymore even though it could be pissing from the heavens. :(

Edit: Just to add, it is currently raining here at a rate of 1.3mm/ph (12.58am), yet this is what the met radar is showing over North Galway:

119680.gif

Nothing..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Try Dubai in the height of summer, 48C and 80% humidity. Walking outside is like opening an oven door! Its awful. Hot, sweaty and sticky, yuck.
    Hubby has to bring a change of shirt to work with him, and thats just for walking to and from the car into the office!

Advertisement