Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooray, weve had rain!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

owenc wrote: »
    Told yous it would be drizzle.
    heavy rain here all eve. localised flooding on back roads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    heavy rain here all eve. localised flooding on back roads.

Well it has got a bit heavier and has finally covered the ground but thats as heavy as i want it. Thank goodness this is at night and tomorrow will be about 22c and sunny again.:D Whats that site called were you get the daily highest temperatures that someone posted here when it was like 26c to show the warmest places, i want to see what ballykelly got thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

theres a load more coming in off the Atlantic now! Watch out wolfe, its coming!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very little rain has fallen here so far, the ground is back dry again but looks like there could be some heavy rain here soon.
    2moro is back to warm summer sunshine:)

Gonzo wrote: »
    very little rain has fallen here so far, the ground is back dry again but looks like there could be some heavy rain here soon.
    2moro is back to warm summer sunshine:)

Hurray!!!:):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Water water everywhere..... gr8 to see it

Scrummage wrote: »
    Water water everywhere..... gr8 to see it

Why don't you go out and dance in it... its really not that great, i'm already sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Na might get wet

Scrummage wrote: »
    Na might get wet

ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Why don't you go out and dance in it... its really not that great, i'm already sick of it.

A lot of places have water cut offs, some of us actually want rain.

• Advertisement

A lot of places have water cut offs, some of us actually want rain.

Sorrii:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Totally lashing here in donegal town. Heaviest rain this year so far. And that's saying something considering it's the end of June. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Raining here on and off all evening. Nothing too heavy at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭secman

In West Dublin, its just starting, nothing too much as of yet !

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Looks amazing out there, car covered, drive covered. Kids are well excited. Am going to write 'boards' on my car and take a photo.

ch750536 wrote: »
    Looks amazing out there, car covered, drive covered. Kids are well excited. Am going to write 'boards' on my car and take a photo.
    i presume you got hailstone in a thunderstorm?

kids were not excited about rain were they?

christ...feel like i have been transported back to early january with people rushing into street to take pics

Rain getting a bit heavier here now. Total so far today on 8.6mm. Will it make it to the 9.0mm before midnight??????

C'mon! :D

Edit: 9.1mm pre midnight total. Month total finished on 33.5mm, a little under 50% of the monthly average. 5th below average month regarding rainfall this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Confirmed rain sprinkling here :)

It's been sprinkling on/off for the past few hours. If was any lighter I'd just say it's quite humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Bucketing down here in Galway city for the last half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Timistry

lashing it down here. Not rained as heavy since that famous week in november:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Well it has got a bit heavier and has finally covered the ground but thats as heavy as i want it. Thank goodness this is at night and tomorrow will be about 22c and sunny again.:D Whats that site called were you get the daily highest temperatures that someone posted here when it was like 26c to show the warmest places, i want to see what ballykelly got thanks.

http://www.ogimet.com/home.phtml.en

Ballykelly's warmest temperature yesterday (since it's 1 July now) was 22.8 ºC.

The highest in N.I. (and Ireland as a whole) was in Castlederg: 23.2 ºC.

Sun breaking through here. 12.2mm since midnight, not a bad start to July! :p

24hr total up to 6am this morning= 21.3mm.

Edit: just to add, Valentia's 24hr total up to 0600 utc on 47.0mm :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Only managed 2.4mm of rain here.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Only managed 2.4mm of rain here.

Sames the roof is dry already and its only stopped raining.

ch750536 wrote: »
    what was this all about? This is a carbon copy of a post from January. Confused :confused:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolfeIRE viewpost.gif
    heavier rain not due until this eve. This is just the beginning of a front that could dump up to an inch in parts.

owenc - I'm sure thats going to happen.:D
    [/QUOTE]

actually, it was almost two inches in the end. Did you see much Owen or did the Coleraine Microclimate kick in again? 30c and wet t shirts competition on the waterfront I hear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Had approx 25mm here from 16.00 yesterday to 07.00 today

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolfeIRE viewpost.gif
    heavier rain not due until this eve. This is just the beginning of a front that could dump up to an inch in parts.

owenc - I'm sure thats going to happen.:D

actually, it was almost two inches in the end. Did you see much Owen or did the Coleraine Microclimate kick in again? 30c and wet t shirts competition on the waterfront I hear:D[/QUOTE]

I seen more than expected but it wasn't much, i'd say about 4mm. Its nearly dried up now. Though the puddles are still here and no its not 30c its 20c.

Tuesday eve and Thursday look like being very wet. Heaviest of the rain on tuesday night looks like affecting NI. The bloody Atlantic systems are back!

• Advertisement

Tuesday eve and Thursday look like being very wet. Heaviest of the rain on tuesday night looks like affecting NI. The bloody Atlantic systems are back!

Thanks for telling us that!:mad:

Advertisement