Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooray, weve had rain!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    Thanks for telling us that!:mad:

You should learn to enjoy the rain Owen. It's not that bad! You can even build a rainman if there is enough of it. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

You should learn to enjoy the rain Owen. It's not that bad! You can even build a rainman if there is enough of it. :)

Yea but when the rain comes it doesn't know when to stop, it stays for days, except it'll be of the drizzly varitey which we've had lately, and its still cloudy here!:mad:

Yea but when the rain comes it doesn't know when to stop, it stays for days, except it'll be of the drizzly varitey which we've had lately, and its still cloudy here!:mad:

The climate of Derry is very similar to that of Galway! Drizzle gloom capitals of Ireland. :o. Still, I've had enough of dry weather to last me a lifetime.

The climate of Derry is very similar to that of Galway! Drizzle gloom capitals of Ireland. :o. Still, I've had enough of dry weather to last me a lifetime.

Well no amount of dryness will ever make me want rain. I don't think the climate is similar here going by those maps and temperatures are more extreme here but you would have the same amount of cloud as here, have you been here, is that were you got your predicitons from? Oh sorry you said derry, yeah it is very drizzly there...oh god its so depressing i hate going there, for some reason the more you head west the more depressing it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    what was this all about? This is a carbon copy of a post from January. Confused :confused:

Well I never thought I would see such enthusiasm for rain.:p

• Advertisement

Well no amount of dryness will ever make me want rain. I don't think the climate is similar here going by those maps and temperatures are more extreme here but you would have the same amount of cloud as here, have you been here, is that were you got your predicitons from? Oh sorry you said derry, yeah it is very drizzly there...oh god its so depressing i hate going there, for some reason the more you head west the more depressing it gets.

Is Coleraine not in Co Derry? I only know Derry city though, which is like home from home weatherwise! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'm just loving the change in weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

ch750536 wrote: »
    Well I never thought I would see such enthusiasm for rain.:p

ahhhh :D sorry. Must scrub up on ability to sense sarcasm

Is Coleraine not in Co Derry? I only know Derry city though, which is like home from home weatherwise! :p

Yea it is, i thought you were talking about derry, the weather is very different to here once you head east and go over the mountain it changes, any local ones will tell you that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thankfully it didnt rain much here and its sunny now and the ground is dry. Not liking the sound of rain next week we've had enough already. What we need now is a proper heatwave. Temperatures so far this summer have been warm but nothing spectactular, I dont think anywhere has even got close to 25C yet this summer. Im waiting for warm winds up from Africa through Spain and on into Ireland to deliver a few weeks of hot and sometimes thundery weather.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    Im waiting for warm winds up from Africa through Spain

I think they will win the world cup too

Gonzo wrote: »
    thankfully it didnt rain much here and its sunny now and the ground is dry. Not liking the sound of rain next week we've had enough already. What we need now is a proper heatwave. Temperatures so far this summer have been warm but nothing spectactular, I dont think anywhere has even got close to 25C yet this summer. Im waiting for warm winds up from Africa through Spain and on into Ireland to deliver a few weeks of hot and sometimes thundery weather.

Well we've had 20c+ for weeks now about 6/7 i'd say? Which is not normal usually we would only have that about 10 times a year, and i've had 25c a few times too i had 24c yesterday. But yeh i would like 25c+ for a few weeks constant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Min wrote: »
    I'm just loving the change in weather.

Did you get much rain in the north of the the county? cos we got sweet f8ck all down here last night, and its all dried up already, ground still rock hard.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i want more sunshine. we're gonna get enough rain for the winter.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i want more sunshine. we're gonna get enough rain for the winter.

In the form of snow.:D

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i want more sunshine.

Judging by your username alone, I would have thought you would have been more of stratus opacus sort of babe...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Lashing down here in massive proportions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

snaps wrote: »

Now? I thought it was supposed to be dry today . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Now? I thought it was supposed to be dry today . . .

Met Radar shows showers moving in over Galway and on into Mayo circa 13.00 - 13.30

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

ha ha yeah but now the rain is gone and its gloriously sunny again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

already some of the brown patches are taking on a green colour again.

last night was the first time i recall it being wet and windy here since the end of March

already some of the brown patches are taking on a green colour again.

last night was the first time i recall it being wet and windy here since the end of March

Same here and my bird bath is full!!

Did you get much rain in the north of the the county? cos we got sweet f8ck all down here last night, and its all dried up already, ground still rock hard.

:mad::mad::mad:

No measurements but we got a nice drop, I noticed on the radar the north of the county was getting more rain than the south of the county. It was noticeable on the ground as it was not as hard as previously.
    The only problem this time of year is the ground dries very fast.

cut the grass today. only cut it last on sunday but it certainly grew a bit since

OMG not again its bucketing down outside and it came out of nowhere, weres all this cloud came out of aswell is this a front that went in the wrong direction or something because it was not planned.

OMG not again its bucketing down outside and it came out of nowhere, weres all this cloud came out of aswell is this a front that went in the wrong direction or something because it was not planned.

All you got to do is look at the charts, every day now until around mon/tue there will be bands of rain coming in off the west coast thats circling around this low pressure thats sat up to the NW of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

hope all of you are happy what with wanting rain and all,it looks like rain and shower's every day for at least a week now,sick of rain and shower's already.

jambofc wrote: »
    hope all of you are happy what with wanting rain and all,it looks like rain and shower's every day for at least a week now,sick of rain and shower's already.

Its been warm and all but its been cloudy at the same time so now we have had 3 weeks of cloud and 20c temps why can't we have wall to wall sunshine and high 20's!! Thats all i bloody want how hard is that to achieve. Oh and btw now that its sunny here the temp is struggling in a 40mph wind. TYPICAl !buggers:mad:

All you got to do is look at the charts, every day now until around mon/tue there will be bands of rain coming in off the west coast thats circling around this low pressure thats sat up to the NW of us.

Just seen the bbc forecast and nearly flipped when she said rain tomorrow, gimmie a break.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It seems we are entering a very unsettled period of weather.

Plenty of rain to come, I won't complain as continued drought conditions would have been a disaster.

Advertisement