Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooray, weve had rain!

Options

Comments

Misty drizzle untill lunchtime and then heavyish to now.
    Usefull rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hurray we've got drizzle and 17c in fog!:mad: Are you happy now snaps!!! Look how crappy the temperature is, http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ballykelly_latest_weather.html you can also see that we got 24c in town yesterday!

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    anyone know why the rainfall radar http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y does not correspond with the 3hr projected rainfall image? The Northern half of the country seems to be seeing most rainfall on the radar yet thge 3hr char shows Munster getting most rainfall.

No its just been ****ty drizzle all bloody day!:mad:

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    A decent soak is underway here in Galway for the first time since around April. I am uncomplaining as indeed are my Petunias and Begonias . My long empty runoff barrel is overflowing for the first time in months.

The sun will be back this evening or tomorrow :D

Naw not until bloody thursday and even then it'll be like the weekend. I want high pressure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

bring back the sun :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bring back the sun :(

No, let it rain for another few days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

owenc wrote: »
    Naw not until bloody thursday and even then it'll be like the weekend. I want high pressure!

Not for you, you will be getting very wet towards the end of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

No, let it rain for another few days!!!

Won't happen where I am atm but what we need! And that comes from someone whose house floods if we get toooooo much rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely evening here in Ringsend, Dublin. Fair weather and warm, very nice.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible drizzely day here today, sick of the rain already even if it didnt amount of much. Unfortunately there is bucketloads of rain from Thursday onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Supercell wrote: »
    Lovely evening here in Ringsend, Dublin. Fair weather and warm, very nice.

Not for long its coming to you as it is here with me in clondalkin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rain was needed. I wasnt watering the lawn:p.

Very thundery looking in kk at the moment Pritty dam dark. No convection though. Or anythin so far this year:mad:

Oddly, the same here. Quite 'plumey' looking with some dense, but small floccus. A nice sunset to be had if nothing else! :)

Total rain today 8.9mm. Much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Have just updated forecast to mention possible heavy thundershower next half hour in south Wicklow (rather small cell, may pass between Wicklow and Arklow). Hoping that you will all see much needed 20-40 mms of rain on Wed night and Thursday, but I suppose you don't want to get too much of a good thing -- if the Atlantic would wake up, stumble downstairs and go back to sleep that would be good.

Have just updated forecast to mention possible heavy thundershower next half hour in south Wicklow (rather small cell, may pass between Wicklow and Arklow).

Showing up nicely on sat24:

images.php?country=gb&sat=vis&1220912561562

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Beautiful rain, just stay falling, nice soft warm rain, you can't beat it.

Thanks MT, looking forward to that much needed rain. I was out doing some work earlier this evening and the skies opened, didn't care I was getting wet, it felt good, its just great getting some rain.

We had a stream of showers which seemed to form over Tipperary, thanks Tipp, you're good for something :P

snaps wrote: »
    Not for you, you will be getting very wet towards the end of the week!

Naw the met office have us back into the 20c + mark from wednesday on (thank god) and then wall to wall sunshine from friday which means high pressure... hurray, just in time for summer holidays.. (yes anoo the holidays here are crap!)

Had an incredibly heavy shower here an hour ago, the ground couldn't soak it, the gutters overflowed, water was pouring down the road. Haven't seen anything like it in a long time!!!

Soil will nearly have enough rain from that shower alone, there were flash floods on the road, it lasted about 20 mins.

Had an incredibly heavy shower here an hour ago, the ground couldn't soak it, the gutters overflowed, water was pouring down the road. Haven't seen anything like it in a long time!!!

Soil will nearly have enough rain from that shower alone, there were flash floods on the road, it lasted about 20 mins.

Congrats!

Any idea how much fell? and in what space of time?

Dont know what fell - havent got a proper weather station. All i know is that its the first time the gutters overflowed since november, and its the first time that any amount of water ran down the road in a long time. The really heavy rain lasted about 20 mins, some more for a half an hour after but not as heavy.

Crops are sorted now- although i'm afraid it might have been too heavy, could have some lodging.

Grass has come back to life the last few days since this lovely rain has come! Shame as it means it'll have to be cut!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Grass has come back to life the last few days since this lovely rain has come! Shame as it means it'll have to be cut!!
    yep. noticed spring in growth since yesterday morn. Cut the grass on sunday and already i see it growing. T'was fierce thristy

reckon come next week we'll be complaining again about the rain!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Naw the met office have us back into the 20c + mark from wednesday on (thank god) and then wall to wall sunshine from friday which means high pressure... hurray, just in time for summer holidays.. (yes anoo the holidays here are crap!)

wall to wall sunshine from friday? it's turning cool and showery from thursday onwards and next week is looking very unsettled, The Atlantic is back bringing on the typical crap Irish summer.

reckon come next week we'll be complaining again about the rain!!

I really doubt it; well, not from me anyway! To be honest, there are no huge falls of rain promised up to the weekend, but any rain will be welcome.

Gonzo wrote: »
    wall to wall sunshine from friday? it's turning cool and showery from thursday onwards and next week is looking very unsettled, The Atlantic is back bringing on the typical crap Irish summer.

He's getting excited about London again!

Gonzo wrote: »

I'm sorry? This forecast shows 20c+ for everyday and at the end of the week it gets sunny again.:P http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/coleraine_forecast_weather.html

At the weekend it shows 19 and showers?? :confused:

At the weekend it shows 19 and showers?? :confused:

Which will translate to about 20/21c, so not too bad... it better be good next week cuz im off!!

Which will translate to about 20/21c, so not too bad... it better be good next week cuz im off!!

Can i ask how a forecast of 19 degrees will automatically end up being 20 or 21?

Isn't it just as likely to end up as 17 or 18???

• Advertisement

Can i ask how a forecast of 19 degrees will automatically end up being 20 or 21?

Isn't it just as likely to end up as 17 or 18???

Sure they forecasted 18c for today and its 22c in eglinton.:P Told you it would be warmer, its always warmer here, plus its ment to be raining now and its as dry as hell and theres bits of sunshine poking through the cloud. EDIT : make that 23c, and it is 24c here too but that is the highest it'll get as its really windy now and the hazy sunshine has gone! WAWA :( EDIT MAKE THAT 22C IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE BACK INTO THE DEPRESSING **** FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF DAYS!! SIGH!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement