Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

has anyone heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

Havnt heard anything, neither have two friends who applied. They must have got over 10K applications, and as far as I know there all being processed in the swords office (flexsource), probably be a long wait. They might just take those in the top pecentile of the online evaluation for round one interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Remember that they will notify each and every candidate whether he/she has been succesfull in the test and qualified for the first round interview, so if you haven't heard anything it doesn't mean you didn't get it. I'm quite certain they analyze both the CV's and the test results (you may have done an average on the test, but you know 7 languages and have experience working in security) - I'd say it takes approx. 1 minute to quickly analyze a CV and the results for one person. I'd say approx. 40 applications can be analyzed by one person per hours, give or take a few. That's approx, 250 analyzed CV's per person per day. There's no way to tell how many people work on this at Flexsource, but my guess is that around 4-5.

Long story short, I don't think they are able to analyze more than a thousand applications per day. So people will probably start hearing from them towards the end of the week, although it could also be that they want to compile a list of skill availabilty (establish some sort of an acceptance level) before making any decisions on who got in and who didn't. For example, if they have 2000 candidates for the Passenger Services Team Member that have a fair knowledge of at least 3 foreign languages, they will only take them into consideration. I believe that for this position, a minimum of 2 european languages will be required.
    Also, remember that a second round if interviews will be held by DAA directly. So if they have ~500 positions available, they'll allow at least 1000 people for the second round, meaning that they'll probably want to interview a couple of thousand people (approx. 3000 is my guess). So on the average, you have about 1/3 chances of being invited.
    I didn't apply by the way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

i've applied, but have yet to receive any details about taking the test :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ray Pissed

That cannot be surely, as I applied at 4:58pm on Friday & have since completed to tests

• Advertisement

i've applied, but have yet to receive any details about taking the test :confused:

I suggest you re-check you mailbox, especially the SPAM folder. If you don't get the test invitation by Thursday, call them and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

Does anyone have the actual job descriptions that were posted on the DAA website?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

thanks Winger that's great. Would you by any chance have the same for the other two positions? the team leader rolls?

it's ok I got the info I needed thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Robocop2010

Looks like its taking a little longer but they sent me this mail this morning, anyone else get this? actually this the same one I got just after I filled in my online assessment, so received this twice.

Dear Applicant,
    You will be aware from your receipt of our confirmation email that we have received your application for to the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.
    We are delighted to have received a huge level of interest in these positions.
    As a result we would ask for you for your patience with regard to both receipt of the Customer Service Mindset evaluation and notification as to whether you have been successful in your CMS Evaluation.
    The period in which first round interview will take place will also be extended.
    We will keep as closed to the initial timelines as possible and any delay is not a cause for concern.
    Thank you again for your patience,
    The Flexsource Solutions Resourcing team

Ray Pissed wrote: »
    That cannot be surely, as I applied at 4:58pm on Friday & have since completed to tests

Really?? :confused:

I definately haven't missed any mails from them in my inbox or otherwise as I have been checking my mail quite regularly since applying.

I have just popped them an email to see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Looks like its taking a little longer but they sent me this mail this morning, anyone else get this? actually this the same one I got just after I filled in my online assessment, so received this twice.

Dear Applicant,
    You will be aware from your receipt of our confirmation email that we have received your application for to the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.
    We are delighted to have received a huge level of interest in these positions.
    As a result we would ask for youfor your patience with regard to both receipt of the Customer Service Mindset evaluation and notification as to whether you have been successful in your CMS Evaluation.
    The period in which first round interview will take place will also be extended.
    We will keep as closed to the initial timelines as possible and any delay is not a cause for concern.
    Thank you again for your patience,
    The Flexsource Solutions Resourcing team

Ya got this too!!!!!!!!!! Sure it could take ages. Boo Hoo---I have no patients:o
    the_big_kahuna it is strange you have not got this reply from them.

I don’t know what to do as I have been offered 2 part time jobs ( Crap pay) but would love to work in T2. I will have to accept the new jobs contracts next week!!! I thought we would be interviewed by now and at least make my mind up about the 3 positions.....:confused:

Ah well maybe I won’t even be offered an interview. :P

I am soooooooo confused:P:P:P

What do you think? anybody else in similar position:confused:

ladymuck wrote: »
    the_big_kahuna it is strange you have not got this reply from them.

yeah, it seems it alright. I got the response after I submitted my application saying thank you and what happens next..... but have heard nothing since :(

yeah, it seems it alright. I got the response after I submitted my application saying thank you and what happens next..... but have heard nothing since :(

You should look on the following web site: http://www.proveituk.com/
    on this site there is contact info and ask them why you did not recieve the test. I hope this helps. ;)

Also the DAA site says "applications for the roles listed will only be accepted up until 17.00 on Friday 2nd July. " Was your app in before 17;00? :confused: If it was its only fair your allowed the oppertunity to do the test:)

What do you think? anybody else in similar position:confused:

You've been offered 2 positions, meaning you got them guaranteed.
    For DAA jobs there's probably around 20 candidates per position., meaning you have approx. 5% chances of getting a job there.
    Obviously I don't know anything about your skills and previous experience and other stuff which may increase your chances, but you do the math.

Also the DAA site says "applications for the roles listed will only be accepted up until 17.00 on Friday 2nd July. " Was your app in before 17;00? :confused: If it was its only fair your allowed the oppertunity to do the test:)

I emailed them so hopefully I'll hear something back. I can't call them at the moment!

I submitted my application late thursday evening. It was around midnight I think

I emailed them so hopefully I'll hear something back. I can't call them at the moment!

I submitted my application late thursday evening. It was around midnight I think

Just check your e mail one more time and your junk and delete file for the following:

From : Prove It! Test Notification TestNotification@kenexa.com

Subject : Prove It! Session Notification from Flexsource

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah got the delay email again this morning. At least they are keeping us up to date.

flexsource got back to me this morning with a link to take the assessment. I have now taken it - happy days! Roll on the weekend!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

There's a new job up on the site. Its for a sales assistant.

http://terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie/Sales-Assistant/

Also it may be a good idea to change the name of the thread as its turned into something different than the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Been away for a few days but this was in my inbox when I got back today

Dear

Regards to your prove it test results, we will be in contact within the next week or so in relation to prove it test results.

Kind Regards,

DAA Resourcing Team

CPL 593H

HigsBoson wrote: »
    There's a new job up on the site. Its for a sales assistant.

http://terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie/Sales-Assistant/

Also it may be a good idea to change the name of the thread as its turned into something different than the OP.

Hi ya, I applied for this job too. I never got an e-mail after for the test? Did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Hi ya, I applied for this job too. I never got an e-mail after for the test? Did you get it?

I got the test within 5 mins of applying for the sales assistant role. As regards the other roles, I got the same email as everyone else last week reagrding the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Puma5

Internal applicants havent heard anything yet either so no need to be worring.

Puma5 wrote: »
    Internal applicants havent heard anything yet either so no need to be worring.

Hi ya. Excuse my ignorance:o but what do you mean by internal applicants :confused:

Staff who work in T1 could apply for roles in T2.

Puma5 wrote: »
    Staff who work in T1 could apply for roles in T2.

Ah, Thanks. Penny drops.
    Would that be a strange move? I thought T1 staff were in direct employemnt with the DAA? and T2 jobs are all contract jobs with Flexsource Solutions?

I guess T1 staff must be in a very good position to get these jobs as they have masses of the experience required.

Nothing is straight forward. I am not sure what way people who are coming in through flexsource will be employed but as far as I can gather they will work for the new DAA company running T2 on 2 year fixed contracts. Those coming across from T1 also had to interview for the new possitions in T2 and will also work for the new company but on permenant contracts. The new company is wholey owned by the DAA.

• Advertisement

I guess T1 staff must be in a very good position to get these jobs as they have masses of the experience required.

I believe that T2 salaries will be lower than those of T1 employees, hence I'm not sure why anyone would want to transfer.

Advertisement