Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just saw that on the news, horrible thing to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Important notice

We are delighted to have received huge interest in the exciting opportunities presented by the new Terminal 2 facility at Dublin Airport. Due to this unprecedented response, applications for the roles listed will only be accepted up until 17.00 on Friday 2nd July. Please continue to check this site for details of further opportunities.

creggy wrote: »
    Just saw that on the news, horrible thing to hear.

Can you belive it. I am shocked. Boo hooooooooo:eek:

I wonder has anybody been called for an interview yet.
    I have not heard anything from them. That might be a good thing:D

Well when I read the news I was in shock. oh well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wow, that's a lot of people applying for them jobs. If you're not in you can't win though.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Wow, that's a lot of people applying for them jobs. If you're not in you can't win though.

Thats alllota people in though..........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

mmcn90 wrote: »
    just saw on the rte website that 9000 people applied for the 500 jobs http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0630/dublin.html

Saw that too. Well at least I'll feel a sense of accomplishment if I get to an interview stage, let alone the job :p

bongi69 wrote: »
    Saw that too. Well at least I'll feel a sense of accomplishment if I get to an interview stage, let alone the job :p

Ahh, you are so right. Well it puts on allllllllota pressure if going in for an interview......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I thought it would be a lot more, 9000 if you think, isn't even that much only 18 people per place, considering the hard economic times, I would have expected at least 15000 to apply, maybe by the end of Friday it will be.

I guess they have plenty of people to choose from, I doubt I would even be called for an interview.

You can only imagine how these 9000 people will be processed by HR, considering the fact that they are asking your age which is illegal from what I have learned in university.

Good luck to everyone who has applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Anna23 wrote: »
    You can only imagine how these 9000 people will be processed by HR, considering the fact that they are asking your age which is illegal from what I have learned in university.
    Must have been a poor enough university as they can ask what they like. It's making a decision based on some things thats illegal, not the asking.

Must have been then! We were told its actually illegal to put it down on an application form, its better to avoid these type of questions, especially the 9 questions based on religion, race etc. But I might be wrong. I think someone else mentioned this already. And if you don't plan on making a decision based on this then why ask on the application form in the first place?

And if they are still insisting in asking they should make it optional if you don't want to answer then you don't have to.

I guess it depends on everyone's circumstances. (if you don't like it don't apply)

• Advertisement

Has anyone read the Facilities Team Member description?

What is it? Seems like you just stand around all day and get trays for security screening and that kinda malarky.

Looks like a fairly easy job. As you may have guessed, I applied for it the moment I read it! Hope I get lucky!

My brother applied for it, too, but never got the questionnaire they send. He applied again today with a different email address, so hopefully that'll work out.

Do you get the questionnaire straight away or within 48 hours?

Anna23 wrote: »
    Do you get the questionnaire straight away or within 48 hours?

I applied yesterday, got the questionnaire today.

cheers thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I applied too and submitted the online test, did anyone get any feedback from the test or is that something they will deal with at the interview stage.

Good luck to everyone who applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Quick one for ya's.2008-2009 I lived abroad but never lived in one country for over 6 months,I was out of Ireland for 11 months,will I still need the Original Basic Police Disclosure Certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

I applied, got the test, then finished the test 2 days later and could no longer log into the prove it session with my ID. Has anyone else had this? and where does it say the test has to be completed within 24 hours of recieving it? that cant be right can it?

weedhead wrote: »
    I applied, got the test, then finished the test 2 days later and could no longer log into the prove it session with my ID. Has anyone else had this? and where does it say the test has to be completed within 24 hours of recieving it? that cant be right can it?

Hi ya. I took the following off the web site.... hope it helps.
    • All applicants must complete the on line application process on this site. Applications cannot be accepted by phone, email or in person. To apply click on the Terminal 2 jobs section on the left hand side of your screen.
    • Once you complete the on line application process you will receive an automatic notification of our successful receipt of your application to the email address provided by you.
    • You will be contacted by a member of the Flexsource Resource team within 2 working days to complete an on line Customer Service Mindset evaluation. This evaluation can be done at any internet enabled PC via your email. This evaluation will have to be completed within 48 hours of receipt.
    • You will be notified within 3 working days as to whether or not you have been successful in your CMS evaluation. If successful you will be contacted via phone or email to invite you to a first round interview with Flexsource Solutions. This interview will be scheduled for a time within the following two weeks.
    NB You must have all required information and documentation with you when
    attending this interview.
    • You will then be contacted within one week of first interview and advised whether or not you have been successful. If successful, candidates will be progressed to a second round interview to be scheduled with the DAA within the following 2 weeks.
    • Once second round interviews have been completed it may take up to 4 weeks to confirm whether or not an offer will be extended. Those candidates who are successful will be offered a position and advised of induction dates.
    Continue this process until the assessment is complete.
    • If you complete an assessment you will not be able to re-enter that assessment. To complete an assessment you must answer all questions presented to you. If you are unable to complete the assessment due to loss of Internet service or other computer problems, you will be able to re-enter the assessment until your session expires. In most cases, you will be able to pick up where you left off. If you experience a disruption while testing, you will be able to continue your session when you log in again with your Session ID. You will be prompted to verify certain information that will allow you to continue the current session.

Has anybody been called to an interview..or did you hear from Flexsource Solutions Resourcing team. I’m very curious.

I just got 3 emails from them with regards to the online testing as I have applied for 3 positions, I'm curious as well to see if anyone has been called for an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

ladymuck wrote: »
    Has anybody been called to an interview..or did you hear from Flexsource Solutions Resourcing team. I’m very curious.

They originally said to wait till 3 working days after your test for a response, then sent the the email saying it will be longer, because of all the intrest. Just have to be patient I guess, could be next week before anyone gets a call. I wouldnt worry if there seems to be a delay with responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

ladymuck wrote: »
    Hi ya. I took the following off the web site.... hope it helps.
    • All applicants must complete the on line application process on this site. Applications cannot be accepted by phone, email or in person. To apply click on the Terminal 2 jobs section on the left hand side of your screen.
    • Once you complete the on line application process you will receive an automatic notification of our successful receipt of your application to the email address provided by you.
    • You will be contacted by a member of the Flexsource Resource team within 2 working days to complete an on line Customer Service Mindset evaluation. This evaluation can be done at any internet enabled PC via your email. This evaluation will have to be completed within 48 hours of receipt.
    • You will be notified within 3 working days as to whether or not you have been successful in your CMS evaluation. If successful you will be contacted via phone or email to invite you to a first round interview with Flexsource Solutions. This interview will be scheduled for a time within the following two weeks.
    NB You must have all required information and documentation with you when
    attending this interview.
    • You will then be contacted within one week of first interview and advised whether or not you have been successful. If successful, candidates will be progressed to a second round interview to be scheduled with the DAA within the following 2 weeks.
    • Once second round interviews have been completed it may take up to 4 weeks to confirm whether or not an offer will be extended. Those candidates who are successful will be offered a position and advised of induction dates.
    Continue this process until the assessment is complete.
    • If you complete an assessment you will not be able to re-enter that assessment. To complete an assessment you must answer all questions presented to you. If you are unable to complete the assessment due to loss of Internet service or other computer problems, you will be able to re-enter the assessment until your session expires. In most cases, you will be able to pick up where you left off. If you experience a disruption while testing, you will be able to continue your session when you log in again with your Session ID. You will be prompted to verify certain information that will allow you to continue the current session.

Thanks Ladymuck that actually now makes alot of sense. I just hope I completed the test within the 2 days. I may have been upto 2 hours over the 48hour mark :/ Hopefully will get something.

Well today is last day for applications. So I guess it will be next week before we hear anything? They prob have 1,000,000. Cv’s by now:D
    I havent any contact from angency:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

i applied last night. I hope this wasnt posted already! ;)

I did notice a discrepency.....

On the site it says if you have come out of school in the past 5 years, you will need results, letters etc...

But on the confirmation email, it states if you have come out of school in the past 10 years you will need all this stuff.

I hope this doesnt go against anyone who was in school between the 5 and 10 years. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ray Pissed

Does one include a cover letter with this or what, because when it says up load, it say CV only?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Ray Pissed wrote: »
    Does one include a cover letter with this or what, because when it says up load, it say CV only?

I didn't include a cover letter. Looked like they just wanted a C.V.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it took them to do the online test and is it multi-choice?..Have to do one tomorrow and want to plan my day..Thanks in Advance:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it took them to do the online test and is it multi-choice?..Have to do one tomorrow and want to plan my day..Thanks in Advance:)
    Yes it is multiple choice. 40 mins for the whole lot should do you. That's taking your time.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yes it is multiple choice. 40 mins for the whole lot should do you. That's taking your time.;)
    Jeez that was quick:D ..brill thanks for your help..much appreciated

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Hopefully we will be hearing this week if we are successful this week or not for an interview.:D I see the jobs are gone off the web site. I wonder will they ring or e-mail. I hope they let you know if ur not successful unlike many employers. :mad:

The prob have a million applications by now. I wonder will the DAA be sold off in the rumoured semi state sell off:rolleyes:

Advertisement