Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thundercatgary

The fact you havent started shift work yet I think you should reserve judgement on the job being great. I find it hard to believe you havent heard one person complain about the money as Ive heard loads and speaking to the trainers Im not the only one. I also believe the figure of 4 leaving is wrong the figure I got from the trainers was more like 15 including a team leader.
    There is also alot of talk of unrest between alot of staff and some team leaders. I think the DAA bringing in complete outsiders for this job is going to back fire big time.

I agree, I heard the numbers are higher than spyguy specified earlier and
    that 3 people just didnt turn up to start training in the first round. Put when you say ( I think the DAA bringing in complete outsiders for this job is going to back fire big time. ) what do you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭supervisor1

I agree, I heard the numbers are higher than spyguy specified earlier and
    that 3 people just didnt turn up to start training in the first round. Put when you say ( I think the DAA bringing in complete outsiders for this job is going to back fire big time. ) what do you mean.

Sorry not for the passenger services roles just the team leaders positions. I think they should have brought some experiance from t1 for these positions but no one in t1 even got a second interview.

Sorry not for the passenger services roles just the team leaders positions. I think they should have brought some experiance from t1 for these positions but no one in t1 even got a second interview.

Yea i agree with you on that seems a bit unfair .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Until we see the Team Leaders in action I think judgement should be reserved on that one, though what I will say is that all of the trainers from the ASU are fantastic and are very very good at what they do. I know myself if they were our Team Leaders or Supervisors I would be confident and reassured coming into what seems to be a slightly pressured role, from what I've seen so far in training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Puma5

I have said all along the rates in t2 are rubbish. Some cleaners in t1 are on almost €30. Its all based on yearly incraments so the longer you were with the company the more money you earn.
    SIPTU I believe told the new t2 staff in their info session that they hadnt seen a contract and didnt know about the short time clause or the roster change clause with 24 hr notice and banking of hrs or not been paid for them. I can assure you they have seen a contract and know exactly whats in it as they negotiated the rates etc.

While i agree you I wouldnt say anything about how people got jobs union or not.

• Advertisement

Harpie wrote: »
    Until we see the Team Leaders in action I think judgement should be reserved on that one, though what I will say is that all of the trainers from the ASU are fantastic and are very very good at what they do. I know myself if they were our Team Leaders or Supervisors I would be confident and reassured coming into what seems to be a slightly pressured role, from what I've seen so far in training.

They have been seen in action in t1 and ok will reserve judgement but wasnt impressed. I have also heard alot of your coworkers complain about some of them not them all.

Puma5 wrote: »
    While i agree you I wouldnt say anything about how people got jobs union or not.

Agreed.

They have been seen in action in t1 and ok will reserve judgement but wasnt impressed. I have also heard alot of your coworkers complain about some of them not them all.

I'm still at the training stage myself so haven't seen anything at all, what are your impressions? Also has anyone any idea how many Team Leaders will be on duty at the screening area in T2 at one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Harpie wrote: »
    I'm still at the training stage myself so haven't seen anything at all, what are your impressions? Also has anyone any idea how many Team Leaders will be on duty at the screening area in T2 at one time?

Harpie I assume you are with the second group of PS team members currently in training? How many of your class are full time and how many are part time?

Elessar wrote: »
    Harpie I assume you are with the second group of PS team members currently in training? How many of your class are full time and how many are part time?

I honestly have no idea on that one, but to me it seems as though the number on reduced hours appear to be far greater than those on full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Elessar wrote: »
    EDIT: I had to laugh when we were being recruited by SIPTU. They sent around a sheet detailing what they have achieved for T1 staff over the years. Fair play to them they did increase wages and benefits across the board. But one of the points read "a trolley pusher, on the highest pay grade (working shift mon-fri), now earns €21.57 per hour in Terminal 1". A bit of a kick in the teeth considering the people you are preaching to are earning essentially half that and are safeguarding the lives of people on aeroplanes.

Cost recovery anyone?

Hardly fair to ask the trolley pusher who may have worked there for 20 odd years to now earn €10p/h.

Whilst I do agree that DAA rates of pay are exceptionally high, if you stay anywhere for long enough, you are bound to have a fairly high rate?!

As an aside, has anyone started in Retail Training? Don't see many comments about that thus far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Alpha Papa

connundrum wrote: »
    Hardly fair to ask the trolley pusher who may have worked there for 20 odd years to now earn €10p/h.

Whilst I do agree that DAA rates of pay are exceptionally high, if you stay anywhere for long enough, you are bound to have a fairly high rate?!

As an aside, has anyone started in Retail Training? Don't see many comments about that thus far

Very well said connundrum..

Please remember you are not DAA staff as we know it. You are employed by Airport Services Consolidated (ASC) a subsidary of the DAA Group. Your uniform will not be marked as DAA but T2 Dublin Airport.

The Airport Search Unit is only in existance in T1 your a PS Team memeber not ASU.

You will only upset yourselves comparing yourselves to T1 pay levels and perks etc.. Your wages are determined by the Regulator in T2.

Your not DAA staff so dont compare what they have to what your getting. Your really the Ryanair of DAA no offence intended by that. The whole of idea of ASC was to set up a new company which allows for cheaper running of T2 and they can pay lower wages, different pensions and the conditions that favour the employer through more flexible contracts and rosters etc.. that exist currently in the DAA.

But the whole idea of you saying you deserve to earn more then a trolley agent with upto 15 years service within the DAA over you who has just joined isnt a fair or acurate one and who works for seperate subsidary.

Your employ is with the new company and is part of the DAA Group of companies. I feel sorry for people who where told one thing by flexsource about contracts and the likes and then offered flexible contracts etc.. Bad form in my eyes..

To all new staff who are on here complaining, I wish you the best in your new career! Youre brand new in a new company.. How bout just getting on with your training and when you go live start it with a positive attitude and give it time things will improve over there.

I hope you dont take my post to be offensive, just true facts in my eyes. I apologise if you think they where blunt. Just alot of in accuracies on this thread and wanted to post my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Surely, pay should be dictated by your level of responsibility and how effective you are - not just for "Turning Up". The idea that, the longer in a job you are, the higher you get paid, is absurd. If someone is barely adequate in T1, their money still goes up, just based on time spent in the company?! Increments, is it? That wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

No disrespect to Trolley Pushers and Cleaners, but 22euro and 30euro per hour respectively, is downright offensive to those of us (in the Private Sector) who've made some effort to progess though the ranks and have taken on additional responsibilities. These levels of pay are unsustainable, especially in the current econonic climate.

Is it any wonder, the DAA are trying to downgrade conditions at T2. The racket going on in T1 (all these years) has accelerated this move to a more leaner organisation. SIPTU have been slagged off a lot, on this thread, but maybe for the wrong reasons. The Union's activities at T1 (in the past) have contributed to OVERPAYMENT to most staff.

If the staff at T2 are going to "Get Screwed", it'll be as a direct result of the over generous treatment of staff at T1. The real culprits are the Unions, who've created the level of polarisation that now exists between T1 and T2. To me, Terminal 1 sounds a lot like the (bloated/overpaid) Civil Service. That's right, the DAA are a Semi-State, aren't they?

If I "Push A Trolley" or "Clean", I don't deserve an annual salary of 44,000 to 60,000. Engineers and Supervisors where I've worked, weren't paid that! Is this not the premise that the DAA are coming from? - trying to cut costs. Yes, it's going to be a two tiered system from now on, regarding T1 and T2. But who's fault is that? Yes, the Unions of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

PKen wrote: »
    Surely, pay should be dictated by your level of responsibility and how effective you are - not just for "Turning Up". The idea that, the longer in a job you are, the higher you get paid, is absurd. If someone is barely adequate in T1, their money still goes up, just based on time spent in the company?! Increments, is it? That wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

No disrespect to Trolley Pushers and Cleaners, but 22euro and 30euro per hour respectively, is downright offensive to those of us (in the Private Sector) who've made some effort to progess though the ranks and have taken on additional responsibilities. These levels of pay are unsustainable, especially in the current econonic climate.

Is it any wonder, the DAA are trying to downgrade conditions at T2. The racket going on in T1 (all these years) has accelerated this move to a more leaner organisation. SIPTU have been slagged off a lot, on this thread, but maybe for the wrong reasons. The Union's activities at T1 (in the past) have contributed to OVERPAYMENT to most staff.

If the staff at T2 are going to "Get Screwed", it'll be as a direct result of the over generous treatment of staff at T1. The real culprits are the Unions, who've created the level of polarisation that now exists between T1 and T2. To me, Terminal 1 sounds a lot like the (bloated/overpaid) Civil Service. That's right, the DAA are a Semi-State, aren't they?

If I "Push A Trolley" or "Clean", I don't deserve an annual salary of 44,000 to 60,000. Engineers and Supervisors where I've worked, weren't paid that! Is this not the premise that the DAA are coming from? - trying to cut costs. Yes, it's going to be a two tiered system from now on, regarding T1 and T2. But who's fault is that? Yes, the Unions of course.

I didn't say I agreed with increments, what I said was that it would seem unfair to cut an employees hourly rate in half now because it is now decided that their job carries less value.

I would agree that the Public Service in general carry a huge amount of freeloaders who are happy to clock in and clock out, and to sit and wait for their hourly rate to go up year on year. That part of it is not fair to the private sector, but thems the choices you (and I) made in not going public prior to the 'collapse' in 2008/09.

Are unions to blame in this sitiuation? I'd apportion a great deal of responsibility to them, but there was the DAA/Govt who agreed to it too.

I didn't say I agreed with increments, what I said was that it would seem unfair to cut an employees hourly rate in half now because it is now decided that their job carries less value.

I would agree that the Public Service in general carry a huge amount of freeloaders who are happy to clock in and clock out, and to sit and wait for their hourly rate to go up year on year. That part of it is not fair to the private sector, but thems the choices you (and I) made in not going public prior to the 'collapse' in 2008/09.

Are unions to blame in this sitiuation? I'd apportion a great deal of responsibility to them, but there was the DAA/Govt who agreed to it too.

Sorry if I came accross, as having a go at you, connundrum. My "Rant" was more directed at the people who've helped cause the current lack of competitiveness, we find ourselves in. "Incremental" wage policies have helped to create unemployment, while at the same time making sure the elite (T1 employees) continued to receive a balooning salary!

You're quite right, to point out the colusion of the Government in this. Not to mention the DAA, who's board are littered with "Appointees" who's pedigrees are questionable. Like all other Semi-States, it's board of directors are mates of politicians. Remember the term "Jobs For The Boys".

You said, "it would seem unfair to cut an employees hourly rate in half now because it is now decided that their job carries less value". I agree, to some extent. But why not, put a freeze on the silly figures they get? The word "Value" should hold some currency (pardon the half pun). The wages you get, should reflect the job you do. Should a Nurse not be paid LESS than a Doctor?

The DAA(T1)/SIPTU seem to live in a parallel universe. If I ran a business, I could not afford to pay 60,000 a year to a Cleaner (again, no disrespect to them). In fact, the figure quoted by supervisor1 of 30euro per hour can't be right - or is it? If this is true, why would anybody bother to better themselves through hard work or education, if it's more lucrative to "Clean" or "Push A Trolley"?

You'll be happy to know that any new employment in T1 from last summer and elsewhere is through ASC so all new staff will have same terms and condition as you. new members of T2. This will lower wages for all new members and help lower costs within the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Alpha Papa wrote: »

Please remember you are not DAA staff as we know it. You are employed by Airport Services Consolidated (ASC) a subsidary of the DAA Group. Your uniform will not be marked as DAA but T2 Dublin Airport.

The Airport Search Unit is only in existance in T1 your a PS Team memeber not ASU.

You will only upset yourselves comparing yourselves to T1 pay levels and perks etc.. Your wages are determined by the Regulator in T2.

Your not DAA staff so dont compare what they have to what your getting. Your really the Ryanair of DAA no offence intended by that. The whole of idea of ASC was to set up a new company which allows for cheaper running of T2 and they can pay lower wages, different pensions and the conditions that favour the employer through more flexible contracts and rosters etc.. that exist currently in the DAA.

But the whole idea of you saying you deserve to earn more then a trolley agent with upto 15 years service within the DAA over you who has just joined isnt a fair or acurate one and who works for seperate subsidary.

Your employ is with the new company and is part of the DAA Group of companies. I feel sorry for people who where told one thing by flexsource about contracts and the likes and then offered flexible contracts etc.. Bad form in my eyes..

To all new staff who are on here complaining, I wish you the best in your new career! Youre brand new in a new company.. How bout just getting on with your training and when you go live start it with a positive attitude and give it time things will improve over there.

I hope you dont take my post to be offensive, just true facts in my eyes. I apologise if you think they where blunt. Just alot of in accuracies on this thread and wanted to post my opinion.

Just to clarify some "true facts in your eyes".

"Please remember you are not DAA staff as we know it." What sort of statement is that?
    When you receive your Notice of Determination of Tax Credits and Standard Rate Cut-off Point from the tax office, it will quite clearly state your Employers Registered Number. This number, you will find, is the Dublin Airport Authority.

"Your wages are determined by the Regulator in T2." Total fiction.
    The wages in T2 were determined through negotiations between the DAA and SIPTU. The Regulator adopted a recommendation from the Booz report, Dublin Airport Terminal 2
    Operating Cost Assessment, of an 18% shift allowance. This recommendation was not implemented.

"You are not DAA staff" See above.

"Your really the Ryanair of DAA". Again, what sort of statement is that?
    Ryanair, like them or loathe them, provide their employees with compatable terms and conditions as other Irish airlines. Your statement shows a total lack of respect for the employees of Ryanair. Lets not forget, Ryanair is an AIRLINE. The DAA is not. Comparing the two is absurd as they both operate totally different businesses.

"The whole of idea of ASC was to set up a new company which allows for cheaper running of T2 and they can pay lower wages, different pensions and the conditions that favour the employer through more flexible contracts and rosters etc.. that exist currently in the DAA."
    ASC was set up as a subsidiary of an existing company, the DAA. It was set up to allow the DAA to run T2 within the operating budget as set out by the Regulator and not so the DAA can pay lower wages etc.

"But the whole idea of you saying you deserve to earn more then a trolley agent with upto 15 years service within the DAA over you who has just joined isnt a fair or acurate one and who works for seperate subsidary."
    I have yet to read in this thread of anybody saying that. Using your logic, you're saying a member of an airline cabin crew with 15 years of service should earn more money that a First Officer pilot who only joined the company 6 weeks ago ??? Salaries in any company are dictated by a persons skillset for the job not length of service.

"Your employ is with the new company and is part of the DAA Group of companies."
    Employment is with a new subsidiary, not a new company. The DAA is a single company with a group of subsidiaries. Big difference.

"I feel sorry for people who where told one thing by flexsource about contracts and the likes and then offered flexible contracts etc.. Bad form in my eyes."
    The bad form here is from the DAA. Flexsource are the 'middle-man' in all this and the only information they can provide to prospective employees is the information they receive from the DAA themselves.

"How bout just getting on with your training and when you go live start it with a positive attitude and give it time things will improve over there."
    Famous last words to ASU staff in T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭IrishB.ie

You'll be happy to know that any new employment in T1 from last summer and elsewhere is through ASC so all new staff will have same terms and condition as you. new members of T2. This will lower wages for all new members and help lower costs within the organisation.

Not sure where you got this from. ASC are non unionised at the moment and as such are not allowed work in T1.

Another quote from the Booz report:
    Security and cleaning staff will be entirely separate between T1 and T2.
    That information was sourced directly from the DAA.

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    Just to clarify some "true facts in your eyes".

"Please remember you are not DAA staff as we know it." What sort of statement is that?

There contracts are with Airport Services Consolidated not with DAA directly as stands with staff currently in T1. This makes them ASC staff as on there contracts they signed.

When you receive your Notice of Determination of Tax Credits and Standard Rate Cut-off Point from the tax office, it will quite clearly state your Employers Registered Number. This number, you will find, is the Dublin Airport Authority.

There is discussion that this may change.

"Your wages are determined by the Regulator in T2." Total fiction.
    The wages in T2 were determined through negotiations between the DAA and SIPTU. The Regulator adopted a recommendation from the Booz report, Dublin Airport Terminal 2
    Operating Cost Assessment, of an 18% shift allowance. This recommendation was not implemented.

The regulator was involved in this process, but i admit so where unions and the DAA so point accepted.

"You are not DAA staff" See above.

Again you are employed by ASC a subsidary of the DAA group of companies. If unsure read your contracts.

"Your really the Ryanair of DAA". Again, what sort of statement is that?
    Ryanair, like them or loathe them, provide their employees with compatable terms and conditions as other Irish airlines. Your statement shows a total lack of respect for the employees of Ryanair. Lets not forget, Ryanair is an AIRLINE. The DAA is not. Comparing the two is absurd as they both operate totally different businesses.

Ryanair is well known to have some staff who are based in eastern europe and have them operating from UK or Irish airports but ryanair will only honor there contract and wages they signed in there respective countries. My comment refers to differnece in wages and condition between DAA staff and of it subsidary (ASC) which is the low frills airport company then compared to elsewhere in Dublin,Cork or Shannon that was my comparision.
    The big difference between ryanair paying staff the same as other Irish airlines or handling agents for that matter is rubbish. Many friends have worked in both in the air and on the ground and have told me of the conditions they received compared to what they get now in the same position in different airlines/handling agents respectively.

Please do not misquote me, I have the upmost respect for any employee of Ryanair.

"The whole of idea of ASC was to set up a new company which allows for cheaper running of T2 and they can pay lower wages, different pensions and the conditions that favour the employer through more flexible contracts and rosters etc.. that exist currently in the DAA."
    ASC was set up as a subsidiary of an existing company, the DAA. It was set up to allow the DAA to run T2 within the operating budget as set out by the Regulator and not so the DAA can pay lower wages etc.

"But the whole idea of you saying you deserve to earn more then a trolley agent with upto 15 years service within the DAA over you who has just joined isnt a fair or acurate one and who works for seperate subsidary."
    I have yet to read in this thread of anybody saying that. Using your logic, you're saying a member of an airline cabin crew with 15 years of service should earn more money that a First Officer pilot who only joined the company 6 weeks ago ??? Salaries in any company are dictated by a persons skillset for the job not length of service.

Nope never said that about comparing pilot to cabin crew, reread about 5 post above mine where a poster talks bout trolley staff member in T1 receiving more then them in T2 for someone who meant to be protecting aviation or the like.

But yes there may be a job which technically is more demanding but a person length of service,contract and/or working shift may receive more then a person who is new employee starting wages and rightly so especially if they dont work shift.

My response was in regards to the fact there direct employment is with ASC a subsidary not directly with the DAA (T1 staff contract states there employed directly by the DAA) so they have totally different scales and conditions etc.. which is rightly so very different compared to a new subsidary company.

"Your employ is with the new company and is part of the DAA Group of companies."
    Employment is with a new subsidiary, not a new company. The DAA is a single company with a group of subsidiaries. Big difference.

DAA Group Of Companies, is the correct term they control the three state airport CAA, DAA and SAA aswell as its subsidary companies like ARI and ASC and DAS (Dublin Airport Services ltd) which is the T1 equivalant of ASC. If you are T2 staff check what your ID card says.

"I feel sorry for people who where told one thing by flexsource about contracts and the likes and then offered flexible contracts etc.. Bad form in my eyes."
    The bad form here is from the DAA. Flexsource are the 'middle-man' in all this and the only information they can provide to prospective employees is the information they receive from the DAA themselves.

Matter of opinion i have information to contrary on this one, flexsource where well aware of contracts they had to fill and instead people where told different.

"How bout just getting on with your training and when you go live start it with a positive attitude and give it time things will improve over there."
    Famous last words to ASU staff in T1.

I dont get your last reference to ASU?

I have no problem with any of T2 staff before any one says i do but there not direct DAA employee as there contracts states. They work for a subsidary.

Not sure where you got this from. ASC are non unionised at the moment and as such are not allowed work in T1.

Another quote from the Booz report:
    Security and cleaning staff will be entirely separate between T1 and T2.
    That information was sourced directly from the DAA.

Dublin Airport Services ltd is T1 equivalent to Airport Services Consolidated in T2. They are both wholly owned subsidaries by the DAA Group. All new employees will be employed by either one respectively.

This was agreed with Siptu and DAA during the CRC discussions.

• Advertisement

Salaries in any company are dictated by a persons skillset for the job not length of service.

Yes, that's the case in most Private Sector companies. However, when you're dealing with Semi-States, this logic is turned on it's head.
    Why does a Cleaner in T1 get an annual salary of 60,000? N.B. This figure is based on supervisor1's earlier quote of 30euro per hour.
    This being the case, your theory is in the bin. The facts are, that a Team Leader starting in T2 will initially be paid LESS than a Cleaner in T1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DublinIphone

Training was intense, theres a LOT to learn, but the trainers are excellent, well equipped and theres plenty of literature to help. There is one written and one computer based exam.

This is why 4/5 people dropped out over the course of 3 weeks, because they couldn't handle it, but like I said thats out of nearly 100 people, so thats actually positively low.

But once you go through the training and you do the job for a few days, it all makes sense and the job is not intense.

That being said, you cant slip up, because at the end of the day your job is essentially to prevent bad things from happening.
    It is fast paced, but after the training and a bit of shadowing / doing the job, it seems to become rather easy. Its not rocket science by any means

out of curiosity are you in retail or tsm ?? I started on the 4th too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 charliebk

I got my 1st pay last week after working 3 weeks in t2.Contract says I get paid 2 weeks in arrears.As far as I know everyone only got paid for 9 and a bit days.When I asked HR I was told it was 2 weeks back pay which I get when I leave(which is obviously totally different to payment in arrears),however even if it was 2 weeks back pay surley I should have only received 1 weeks pay,don't understand where 9 and a bit days comes from. Anyone understand,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alanacadia

Hi to all.
    Just updating, did the big exam today it was great, have been working in T1 WED/THURS/FRI/ THAT WAS GREAT, love it so far and I taught the workers in T1 would somehow look down on us , but fair play to them, they accepted us in good faith and they were very good to me , the team leaders that were teaching us all along, deserve a big round of applause, they gave us thier best, and they really want you to achiev the best results , they are so friendly, like as if you know them all your life, to me all the entire staff in T1 and the new staff in T2 they are a great group of people, great to work with, next week we finish our computer training, thats a bit hard , but if you take notes you should get through it, so hopefully next Friday I will get my certificate to say I passed all stages of my training and become a member of T2 fAMILY.

SO TO THE t2 Teachers I just want to say a big thank you for your greatest efforts to help me , you make me feel so comfortable and its greatly appreciated.
    Thank s to all
    Hope that up date helps the next crew coming along
    Cheers :):):):):)

alanacadia wrote: »
    Hi to all.
    Just updating, did the big exam today it was great, have been working in T1 WED/THURS/FRI/ THAT WAS GREAT, love it so far and I taught the workers in T1 would somehow look down on us , but fair play to them, they accepted us in good faith and they were very good to me , the team leaders that were teaching us all along, deserve a big round of applause, they gave us thier best, and they really want you to achiev the best results , they are so friendly, like as if you know them all your life, to me all the entire staff in T1 and the new staff in T2 they are a great group of people, great to work with, next week we finish our computer training, thats a bit hard , but if you take notes you should get through it, so hopefully next Friday I will get my certificate to say I passed all stages of my training and become a member of T2 fAMILY.

SO TO THE t2 Teachers I just want to say a big thank you for your greatest efforts to help me , you make me feel so comfortable and its greatly appreciated.
    Thank s to all
    Hope that up date helps the next crew coming along
    Cheers :):):):):)

Fair play to you for updating us , no one else seems to be bothered.
    Is there anyone that has done the training or doing the training thats
    not happy or finding it tough if so why.
    Please lets not do the money thing again its done to death.
    Thanks again alanacadia .

i will give a final up date hopefully next friday if you can wait that long in the meantime if you have any questions feel free to ask, and if I am not giving out official secrets i will do my best to answer, but we still have to get the new working rosters , we have not seen them yet ?

just to up date on anybody not being happy, to my knowledge , so far so good, nobody dropping out , not yet thats all I can say, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I have heard there is still annoyance about the part-time hours. The hr girl was savaged when she mentioned that people would be expected to work something like 5 x 4 hour shifts. There was a mini riot and they had to get the head of HR I believe down to talk to the class. They are adjusting the scheduale based on feedback from the trainees and the word is that part-time will be made up of less and longer shifts.

7 have left from the group that started on the 4th Oct

Some of the team leader are grand, some are awful. There is one particular girl who has no manners and is very aggresive with the trainees. " HERE YOU SIGN THIS". Probably out of her depth but still!

The T1 staff have been great, the job is varied and busy so there's no time to be bored.

I believe everyone is currently on fulltime Monday to Friday hours for the forseable future as they want people to get experienced on the bag searches, xray etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Isn't it funny our new uniforms have the DAA logo on them when we're constantly being told we're not employed by the DAA but ASC (and we're even on their payroll)! Oh no sure they'd have to give us the same terms and conditions as DAA staff then! I think that's a bit of a joke.

Should we send them back saying we're not DAA employees? :D

• Advertisement

So much for alpha papa's rant .

Advertisement