Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonymill

I'm in the same boat as you but i still haven't hweard a word from them since i put in the customer service form but they keep saying its taking longer than expceted to process your form.
    Are the first round interviews all over.
    Because there telling me they haven't even begun

Bilko 09.
    I'm not sure if the first round is all over.
    I had my second interview weeks ago and got a "No" over the phone about a week or so later.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cameron28

Hay guys.
    I am new to this thread,but i would just like to know if anyone has went for 1st interview and hasnt heard anything back yet,i had my interview on august 12th and havent heard a thing.I seems to be really messy.As for the unions in the airport we have had dealings with them for 15 years in the airport and as supervisor 1 said they really have a lot to answer for.I honesty think that they are getting paid off by all the airlines and the daa,because they are as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike.All the staff in the daa should be pushing for batter wages,because if they accept anything less thats where it all starts going down hill.BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

tonymill wrote: »
    Does any know what the word / legislation on interview feedback is please?

I eMailed Flexsource, chasing them for a first interview on 25th July and got a reply on 29th September !!!

In between those dates I had the first and second interviews.

Within that eMailed reply from Flexsource was -

"We regret to advise that on this occasion your application will not be progressed to the next round. Considering the unprecedented number of applications being processed we will not be in a position to provide further feedback at this time ."

I keep reading about "the unprecedented number of applications".

I've read of 15,000 applications for 500 jobs = 30 per job.
    Earlier in this thread, it is suggested that 100 jobs went to T1 employees, so that leaves 15,000 applications for 400 jobs = 37.5 per job.I have also read that the average amount of applications per job, in Ireland, at the moment is circa 100.

This would suggest to me that rather than Flexsource being overwhelmed, they are underesourced. Particulary with a nine week delay in replying to a simple eMail.

Do other readers of this thread concur?

Does anyone know what are my rights regarding feedback please ?

If there was anything of concern in my second interview, I would obviously like to address and hopefully rectify this before (hopefully) future interviews with other prospective employers.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

When I applied for the job back in early July, I remember it being written somewhere that if you are not successful in any stage of the interview process, they cannot give feedback, due to the high volume of applications. I think it was in the email I received when first filled out the online application form, or on the DAA website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

what positions has people applied for and it'll be easier to figure like i've applied for the asu.

cameron28 wrote: »
    Hay guys.
    I am new to this thread,but i would just like to know if anyone has went for 1st interview and hasnt heard anything back yet,i had my interview on august 12th and havent heard a thing.I seems to be really messy.As for the unions in the airport we have had dealings with them for 15 years in the airport and as supervisor 1 said they really have a lot to answer for.I honesty think that they are getting paid off by all the airlines and the daa,because they are as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike.All the staff in the daa should be pushing for batter wages,because if they accept anything less thats where it all starts going down hill.BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what position did you get it for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thundercatgary

Well guys how are the new trainees getting on . Are you enjoying the
    training . What do you think of the place . Is the training though or easy .
    let us know .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

One of my housemates started in T2 yesterday,in her training group there are 35 female and 15 male.She had a pretty quick turnaround time for her interview.First one was about 3.5 weeks ago,second one a week later,she had to wait for a week and a half before after the second round before she heard back.She got the call last Tuesday with an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's gone a bit quiet here compared to a few weeks ago.
    Is anyone going to tell us what it's actually like to be working in T2?
    What are the conditions, supervisors, shifts etc like??

CPL 593H

nedtheshed wrote: »
    One of my housemates started in T2 yesterday,in her training group there are 35 female and 15 male.She had a pretty quick turnaround time for her interview.First one was about 3.5 weeks ago,second one a week later,she had to wait for a week and a half before after the second round before she heard back.She got the call last Tuesday with an offer.

What position is that for? Sounds alright that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its one of the retail positions,6 month contract to start.She said the trainers seem like a nice bunch,got the grand tour yesterday.One thing that I did find a bit strange is that she was told she will be rostered for her holidays ie told when she can take days leave.Now maybe she took it up wrong.She is getting her full roster today so I will ask her this evening whats the story with it and will post any relevant info here.

• Advertisement

yeah that seems about right i think you can only put in for holidays when it mainly suits them not the person working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silly six

Hi Done my first interview on 30th Aug with Flexsource. Did not hear anything since. I rang them on Monday and they informed me I was on a panel to get a second Interview and the Hours were reduced. Any body else in the same boat?? It looks like a Shambles.:mad::mad::mad:

silly six wrote: »
    Hi Done my first interview on 30th Aug with Flexsource. Did not hear anything since. I rang them on Monday and they informed me I was on a panel to get a second Interview and the Hours were reduced. Any body else in the same boat?? It looks like a Shambles.:mad::mad::mad:

no way say your fuming what position was that for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silly six

It was for the Passenger Services Team Member.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kilkenny_kid

silly six wrote: »

Least you are getting an interview and not a jizz spray..

Least you are getting an interview and not a jizz spray..
    Have you not heard anything either

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kilkenny_kid

Have you not heard anything either

No. They be hating on the Deaf (Being sarcastic) but it's not the end of the world is it? Congrats to the peeps who were successful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thesparrow

i am looking for a helpdesk service desk agent with strong helpdesk experience for Cork airport, full time position, paying €23-26k, if anyone has a service desk background please forward your cvs to me, mark.duffy@italliancegroup.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smurfette2

My boyf started induction week in T2 on Monday last 4th Oct.

Does anybody (i.e. supervisor 1 !) know a) what way the rosters are going to work i.e. shift patterns b) when the shifts will begin operating and c) when can the people who started last Monday expect to get paid?

This week was supposed to be Mon - Fri, 9 - 5 every day except Monday when they had to be there at 8.30.
    Then they discovered that they had today Friday off and were expected in tomorrow instead. They still haven't been told what days they're expected in next week :( This is depsite the fact that the info pack that came with the contract said that they would be notified of changes to working arrangments a week in advance :confused: Does that mean that they are off next week? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maximusnow3

What DAA jobs???? since they just re-employed existing staff and were just going through the formalities by giving interviews to non staff/outside (never worked for the DAA before) so as to remain within the law. Went for the final interview and was told at the end of it that it was a ranking order I was going to be put into. As all the positions were filled :mad:. Very unprofessional but hey it is state owned and not surprising in the least :cool:
    You scratch my back SOP's!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭supervisor1

smurfette2 wrote: »
    My boyf started induction week in T2 on Monday last 4th Oct.

Does anybody (i.e. supervisor 1 !) know a) what way the rosters are going to work i.e. shift patterns b) when the shifts will begin operating and c) when can the people who started last Monday expect to get paid?

This week was supposed to be Mon - Fri, 9 - 5 every day except Monday when they had to be there at 8.30.
    Then they discovered that they had today Friday off and were expected in tomorrow instead. They still haven't been told what days they're expected in next week :( This is depsite the fact that the info pack that came with the contract said that they would be notified of changes to working arrangments a week in advance :confused: Does that mean that they are off next week? :D

I posted the roster here a good while ago but I now hear it has changed abit so if you look back might give you an idea. They are in tomorrow because there is a passenger trial in t2 tomorrow. I would imagine a full week next week. Pay is every 2 weeks. I think you will find they can change the roster with 24 hr notice a very dangerous agreement to have.

What DAA jobs???? since they just re-employed existing staff and were just going through the formalities by giving interviews to non staff/outside (never worked for the DAA before) so as to remain within the law. Went for the final interview and was told at the end of it that it was a ranking order I was going to be put into. As all the positions were filled :mad:. Very unprofessional but hey it is state owned and not surprising in the least :cool:

They didnt just re employ existing staff yes a certain no are moving over to t2 not because they want to because they have to or they will be let go. They also are employing staff they let go on a severance scheme and staff they let go last year because of non renewal of contracts. The whole thing is a joke really.

You may move up that list quicker then you think as some new people already left from passenger service with more to follow including a team leader. They dont think the pay and conditions are good enough for the long rosters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm not an existing staff member, I'm new and never worked before for the DAA. Myself and 70 odd others are the same. We got the jobs.

We've finished our training and just waiting to see what happens next. It's a great place to work and so far I'm really enjoying it. This is the first job I've ever had where I'm not dreading going into work, in fact I don't mind it at all. It's very interesting.

We are still unsure what will happen to us until T2 opens. AFAIK the union won't allow T2 staff to work in T1 after the training. Especially because a few contract ASU are leaving and they don't want T2 people to be seen doing their jobs. Funny enough we haven't been approached by SIPTU at all. I sense a possible conflict of interest with one union looking after two different staff panels doing the same job for the same company with different pay and benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smurfette2

Thanks supervisor1. It seems like no1 in "management" up there has a bull's notion of what they're at :-(

Elessar wrote: »
    I'm not an existing staff member, I'm new and never worked before for the DAA. Myself and 70 odd others are the same. We got the jobs.

We've finished our training and just waiting to see what happens next. It's a great place to work and so far I'm really enjoying it. This is the first job I've ever had where I'm not dreading going into work, in fact I don't mind it at all. It's very interesting.

We are still unsure what will happen to us until T2 opens. AFAIK the union won't allow T2 staff to work in T1 after the training. Especially because a few contract ASU are leaving and they don't want T2 people to be seen doing their jobs. Funny enough we haven't been approached by SIPTU at all. I sense a possible conflict of interest with one union looking after two different staff panels doing the same job for the same company with different pay and benefits.

While Im glad your enjoying your new job lets get some facts straight. Its not just a few contracts its 55 of my work mates who are been pushed out of t1. New staff from t2 should never have been allowed in the door of t1 to train nothing against you guys but your ment to work for a different company or thats whats been rammed down our necks by management and union. Your also not in a union so should not have been allowed work on the floor of a company that is fully union and is in staffs contracts that they must be in a union to work there.
    As far as siptu goes get your selfs a real union with some backbone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thundercatgary

Are you saying that the told you at the interview that you had the job,
    or did the contact you later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alanacadia

Hello To all,
    Im starting on monday 11th , I misplaced my letter that gave me the instructions, about starting, I know its 8.30am start, I know the car park, I have my car park pass uniform etc, , just not too sure where we are actually supposed to assemble on the first morn, exact location of assembly or meeting point any body please advise.
    Thank you :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

alanacadia wrote: »
    Hello To all,
    Im starting on monday 11th , I misplaced my letter that gave me the instructions, about starting, I know its 8.30am start, I know the car park, I have my car park pass uniform etc, , just not too sure where we are actually supposed to assemble on the first morn, exact location of assembly or meeting point any body please advise.
    Thank you :):):):):):)

If its the same as last week, which i assume it is you have to meet in the atrium of the short term car park on arrivals level, that is walk out the front door of arrivals accross the pedestrain crossing and in the door and you should see you colleagues there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alanacadia

Cheers Eamonhonda.
    I think from memory that what you say is correct.
    so Ill try that and wil ask around as well because i dont want to be late on the first morn 8.30 sharp I was told.
    :confused::):):):)

Advertisement