Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terra Nova - Fox *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Thargor wrote: »
    What was with that scene where that total fcukwit soldier comes up to the daughter and declares he wants to court her and all that? It was the most cringe-inducing piece of television Ive ever seen.

That scene was horrific to watch, a show killer in it self.
    Hard to see how it can get worse but that might be my own failing :P

Beverly Hills 90210BC, touchy feely drama mixed with some ITV 1800's drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Jaysus this show is shocking. That last episode was so bad,as people already mention some of the scenes are so cringe worthy. In many ways something like 90210 might actually seem like a masterpiece in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Remember a few episodes ago where the commander says they have to trade with the Sixers because 'they have the ore' and he points at a small box of rocks on the ground, then it was never mentioned again? What? You dont know where they are but you know they have the ore? You cant find any 'ore' on a virgin world yourself? What do they need ore for anyway, they have no furnaces or heavy industry, they cant ship it to the future. Stupid programme is stupid.

Why did he punch those cops in the future? He gets sent to prison for years instead of paying a fine? You can so tell that Fox was behind the third child plot, the mother is supposed to be a big scientist on a dying world but they decide to have a third child anyway because thats the American thing to do for freedom and liberty. Ugh.

Oh yeah, when Sixer Lady captures Irish twat (pointless attempt at suspense with the jumping dinosaur) she takes him to a treehouse and he comes out with a classic line:

'Up in the canopy eh? No wonder Taylor couldn't find you...'

Jesus :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Loved the line from Shannon to random soldier. "Hey got a spare one of those?" and sure enough randomer was carrying 2 machine guns. The dialogue is laugh out loud funny sometimes. Taylor to Mira - "So you grabbed two of my people to get the girl back?". "Eh no I just like grabbing your men and turning up at your gate. Cheap laughs and that".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now. I unsubscribed from the show some time ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

mewso wrote: »
    Loved the line from Shannon to random soldier. "Hey got a spare one of those?" and sure enough randomer was carrying 2 machine guns. The dialogue is laugh out loud funny sometimes.
    Oh yeah forgot that one :p

And whats with all the rope traps that spring when someone steps on them? How many are they going to use? That was a cliche back when the A-Team was breaking new ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Damn I need to catch up on this so I can take part in this banter...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just hope that the asteroid hits soon so this show can end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

ffs why use spoiler tags for episodes already aired? its in the title.
    why use spoiler tags for things you think will happen? theres no spoiling there!

ffs. make it a pain to read the thread!

/rant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This thread is comedy gold!.... :p , pages of snark....this show truely is the new Falling Skies! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

where was yerone last week

where was yerone last week

She's the spit of Ellen Page....best looking girl on the show!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s158/terra-nova/news/a347066/terra-nova-heading-for-cliffhanger-finale-say-producers.html

The two also warned fans to expect the death of a "beloved" character before the end of this season.
    Looks like they're going to kill a dinosaur.

Tags added, not sure why :p

No one is "beloved" on this show...not human anyways, though i'd be super miffed if they killed off a veggiesaurus!

I'd be super miffed if they killed off a veggiesaurus!

I think it's the one at the start of episode: What Remains, his lunches were over budget. Thinking about that one minute scene that might be the best scene so far in the show, the T-Rex eating the Lawyer in Jurassic Park was very similar in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Havent read through the thread because of spoilers but is this worth watching? I caught the first half hour of the first episode and I thought it was fairly meh...

After episode three it struggles to achieve meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Havent read through the thread because of spoilers but is this worth watching? I caught the first half hour of the first episode and I thought it was fairly meh...

its fairly terrible, but its fairly enjoyable to watch i suppose, the characters acting and script are well um..words cant describe ..but its fun to laugh at the dialogue and cheesyness, but i still like watching it, try it if youre bored or nothing to watch:) youre really not going to find a show as bad as this:p but its watchable:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was it on this week or were us shows off or some reason?

was it on this week or were us shows off or some reason?

Nope, no House either...or CSI, or 90210....or Ringer, to add insult to injury....no Fringe tonight! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭squonk

Fingers cross the 'beloved character' who gets killed off is the bitchy son! If they decide to kill off the son's bit on the side while he's waiting for his old girlfriend, I have no further reason to watch the show (apart from coming on there and bitching obviously :) )

Well nuts, I thought the beloved character had gotten angry and nicked all the tapes so Fox couldn't air any more episodes, go figure it would really only be a week off.
    On the plus side this tread will stay interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Nope, no House either...or CSI, or 90210....or Ringer, to add insult to injury....no Fringe tonight! :mad:
    There was no fringe last week, there is fringe tonight!
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/shows/fringe/episodes/season_4/novation/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was no fringe last week, there is fringe tonight!
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/shows/fringe/episodes/season_4/novation/
    Nope, it's been delayed another week.

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2011/10/game-7-of-world-series-to-preempt.html

Ep. 4 was brutal also, way too PG family friendly show, no grit or guts, Fox tryna capture every possible demographic. Waste of money.

Fresh episode tonight, look forward to reading pages of snark!

LOL!....oh man, fire away lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not the worst episode. Still Voyager/Stargate-ish material though. It's holding my interest (just about).

They need to accelerate the Sixers' story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mr E wrote: »
    Not the worst episode. Still Voyager/Stargate-ish material though. It's holding my interest (just about).

They need to accelerate the Sixers' story arc.
    I hear, by the end of the season they will have ramped it up a good bit and be pretty much finished with it.
    Wasn't a brutal episode but it wasn't great. I felt like an episode of CSI or some other 'procedural' show. Here's hoping some big revelations come think and fast in the next couple of weeks or I'm out of here.

• Advertisement

Wasn't to bad, felt like a mid season filler story with a touch of what's to come but managed to hold my interest. Better then the last few for sure, just not much.

Advertisement