Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terra Nova - Fox *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I hope it doesn't get cancelled, ok the effects are a bit cheap compared to bigger movies but at least it's Science Fiction on TV.
    Been a while since there has been any of that since Star Gate was cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

TheUsual wrote: »
    I hope it doesn't get cancelled, ok the effects are a bit cheap compared to bigger movies but at least it's Science Fiction on TV.
    Been a while since there has been any of that since Star Gate was cancelled.

Yeah I kinda agree. Its scifi on tv. Nothing else new sci fi on these days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im not usually into sci fi but i quite enjoy this series. Its become a weekly show for me and the gf to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm at episode 7. Nice to see Roberto Mancini pop up as the phony doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what age is the Reynolds supposed to be? she's 16 in the show, 17 I hope. he's 25 in real life and she's 18, always seemed a bit dodgy like he's military officer and she's a very young looking school girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Another goodish episode, kept my interest for the most part.
    That Reynolds bit is a little strange, not sure if they ever said his in show age but he still seems older then her even if he acts the bigger plonker.

Hopefully it gets another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I liked the nod to Star Trek with the 47 reference.

So I reckon the spy is
    either malcolm or Shannon's wife......probably shannon's wife

Ok so the big question I have so far resisted asking. If terra nova is earth is in the past what about the grandfather paradox??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭overshoot

spy id
    its sky!
    -ep10
    they covered grandfather paradox(in about 30seconds, blink and you missed it), its some alternate reality aparantly. the probe sent through the portal was never recovered, thus its a different timeline... that was it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Yakuza wrote: »
    I liked the nod to Star Trek with the 47 reference.
    I did laugh when Elizabeth said "I'm a Doctor Jim! Not a chemist". :D

KerranJast wrote: »
    I did laugh when Elizabeth said "I'm a Doctor Jim! Not a chemist". :D
    Lol, I never even picked up on that. I guess I should watch it earlier in the evening :) (I'm more of a numbers person than a words one :))

overshoot wrote: »
    spy id
    its sky!
    -ep10
    they covered grandfather paradox(in about 30seconds, blink and you missed it), its some alternate reality aparantly. the probe sent through the portal was never recovered, thus its a different timeline... that was it

Something just occurred to me - they're screwing up the timeline of *that* planet Earth, which is bound to affect its future inhabitants (*runs off to find my Temporal Ethics handbook*). And if the sixers get their way, they'll gank that planet's future entirely (though I'm guessing the sixers aren't too hung up on ethics).

I guess there is no Temporal or Alternate Dimension Prime Directive then ?? ;)

/geek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

surely any monkeying about in the past is moot as no matter what they do for however long itll all get wiped out by the extinction event thats gonna wipe out the dinosaurs anyway?

terra nova might be a nice place to settle for a couple of million years or so but its number is still surely up at that stage and anything left behind that survives that will be eroded over the millenia.

unless of course they get to the space travel level before that meteor hits and bugger off into space i dont see any problems on the paradox front.

even then would they be even recognasable as human after that amount of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

unless of course they get to the space travel level before that meteor hits and bugger off into space i dont see any problems on the paradox front.

even then would they be even recognasable as human after that amount of time?

There's ~20 million years between when they get to Terra Nova and when the asteroid hits Earth so they could easily get to space. Then they could go somewhere else in the solar system or to another star and come back in 2100 and stop people from f**king up Earth.

Probably wouldn't be recognizably human by then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the point is that the son is having to make a communication system, that can cross the timeline back to the future they came from.

Conor108 wrote: »
    There's ~20 million years between when they get to Terra Nova and when the asteroid hits Earth so they could easily get to space. Then they could go somewhere else in the solar system or to another star and come back in 2100 and stop people from f**king up Earth.

Probably wouldn't be recognizably human by then though.

I'd imagine they can simply shoot down the asteroid by then

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Pretty cheesy stuff. Whoever does wardrobe for General Philbrick should be shot..

General_Philbrick.jpg

The kid in the play looked more convincing!

General_Philbrick_%28Child%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'd imagine they can simply shoot down the asteroid by then

Yeah true but just as a 'solution' to the guy who was saying they're messing up the timeline for the Terra Nova Earth and it's future inhabitants and the whole 'temporal ethics' yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

MarkR wrote: »
    Pretty cheesy stuff. Whoever does wardrobe for General Philbrick should be shot..

General_Philbrick.jpg

The kid in the play looked more convincing!

General_Philbrick_%28Child%29.jpg

I think they must have enlisted some bin-man who just happened to be on the set when they needed someone to play the character. I don't think he'll ever need to rehearse an Emmy speech.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Not necessarily as it's been known for a while that Fox wasn't going to renew the series until the last episode this year had aired.

Not that my hopes are high.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Not necessarily as it's been known for a while that Fox wasn't going to renew the series until the last episode this year had aired.

Not that my hopes are high.

Fair enough, but imo i think it's not pulling in the hype or more important, numbers, Fox was expecting....considering the vast amount of money spent i can't see a renewal.

*IF* it is i'd not expect more then 13 eps., if it's axed i hope they can use the massive set in Australia for something else, what an utter waste to just tear it all down....surely it could be used for something else :confused:

Fair enough, but imo i think it's not pulling in the hype or more important, numbers, Fox was expecting....considering the vast amount of money spent i can't see a renewal.

*IF* it is i'd not expect more then 13 eps., if it's axed i hope they can use the massive set in Australia for something else, what an utter waste to just tear it all down....surely it could be used for something else :confused:

Good point on the sets, might be sold off or stored for Jurassic Park 4 or being Fox they could be used for another short lived sitcom, My Uncle the Imaginary Terra Nova Dinosaur.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Getting rid of this could be good news for fringe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is Fringe worth watching if you like sci-fi?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Thargor wrote: »
    Is Fringe worth watching if you like sci-fi?

either you're trolling or you've been missing one of the best Sci-Fi series in years

Skerries wrote: »
    either you're trolling or you've been missing one of the best Sci-Fi series in years

Seriously ????
    I've never been able to bear that show for more than twenty mins. Its like a bunch of xfiles fans couldn't get over the loss of their show so wrote their own new one with parallel dimensions an ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

and you think terra nova is the dogs shiznit?!!! please!

Advertisement