Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terra Nova - Fox *Spoilers*

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Too little traction too late. The last 2-3 episodes were actually decent enough but it was the preceding ones that actually killed the show. Also they needed to go turn it into something that reflected the grim predicament that everybody was in and not produce something that RTE could show at 7PM on a Sunday evening. I can't say I'm surprised. If only Falling Skies went with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Pity - it definitely improved towards the end but it did have the air of sci-fi for dummies/beginners about it. There was a lot of potential there though so it's a shame.

BTW - Does this mean that Fringe is pretty much guaranteed another season then if Fox's budget is freed of TNs big budget??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭irishgeo

quite enjoyed it, it got better near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Meh, could have taken it or left it, interesting show done badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm very disappointed, as I was looking forward to participating in next season's piss-taking.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ugh. I actually finally got around to watching the second half of the season in anticipation that it would probably be renewed (hey, it's fox... cancel Fringe and renew Terra Nova hurrr!!!) and it actually did intrigue me in the last few episodes.

Cannot say I will actively miss or remember this show once this thread is sent to the cancelled shows dumpster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed, as I was looking forward to participating in next season's piss-taking.:(

Same here, best part of the show! :p - bit surprised tbh....Kevin Riley was bigging it up in January saying they made money etc. - yet another network honcho lie :mad:

Same here, best part of the show! :p - bit surprised tbh....Kevin Riley was bigging it up in January saying they made money etc. - yet another network honcho lie :mad:

I'm sure we can find another show to destroy on the internet.:pac:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm sure we can find another show to destroy on the internet.:pac:

Falling Skies is ripe for piss taking ;)

Falling Skies is ripe for piss taking ;)

I forgot about the other contender, bring it on.

• Advertisement

I was going to say Jane By Design, but I don't want to upset Richard :P

I was going to say Jane By Design, but I don't want to upset Richard :P

Well, considering Jane By Design actually got RENEWED me thinks your logic is flawed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Well Todd and the book of pure evil starts tonight on syfy,should be ripe for some pisstaking! (hopefully not but have heard some bad reviews). Pity about terra nova,i started fast forwarding through most of the episodes near the end as it was the same aul ****e every week,only watched the 'big' bits,had potential though.

Much like Falling Skies...it had potential, that was squandered by dumbing it down and making it family friendly...sci-fi is a niche/genre show....it caters to a certain demographic.

When you try make it universal it usually fails, there are rare exceptions of course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

R.I.P.

Not the best thing on TV but far from the worst.

Terra Nova and falling skies really frustrated me. Same issue with the "V" remake.

Sci Fi has always had a more intellectual feel and target audience. They seem to be trying to get (as someone mentioned) the Dawsons Creek crowd on board and it just ends up alienating everyone.

I could potentially have been interested in both these shows, but I could barely get through 2 episodes a piece without completely losing interest. Awful dross and seemingly written with shallow muppets with parent issue in mind.

Wish they would stop trying to please everyone and just produce smart, snappy TV.

The Walking dead suffers from this to a lesser extent.

Shallow problems coming to the fore in life threatening situations. "Look, we are surrounded by aliens who want to eat us, lets start arguing about that girl I'm seeing who you don't like"... bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,386 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

According to Deadline, 20th Century Fox TV has reportedly been speaking with Netflix about reviving Terra Nova

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's a pity. It won me over in the last few episodes.

Hope it gets another opportunity but I guess, unlike the dinosaurs, the demise of this show wasn't quite so unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Quote from Lang "Terra Nova is the Hubble Telescope of television." i.e. initially flawed but capable of great things and "will deliver seasons of transcendent images".

Top comment underneath his quote: "The show was more like the Challenger" :D

• Advertisement

Ah, that's too bad. It was not great but a reboot could have done a lot for a second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just rewatching this again, kinda pissed it was cancelled, really thought it was just getting going

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It really wasn't going anywhere, it was so bad it was funny but even laughing at incredibly bad it was was starting to get old, I would like to know what was out in the badlands or whatever it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

I actually thought it was getting better in the last 3 or 4 episodes. I would have liked to see it get another season only because my son was in tears when i told him it wasn't coming back. There's not too many dinosaur programmes suitable or nearly suitable for 8 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I thought the concept was interesting - modern humans with toys trying to live amongst prehistoric monsters. And there was intrigue about the plot in the future. And some of the characters were good - the commander guy and the Irish guy. But they went in a bit too much for the Disney side of things. It would have worked better with a grim Battlestar Galactica type vibe to it.

Anyhow - simply we need some good syfy to replace BSG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Anyhow - simply we need some good syfy to replace BSG :D

You may be in luck.

Starts on Friday being aired in 10 minute episodes on Youtube. Then as a 2 hour movie whenever SyFy decides

Conor108 wrote: »
    You may be in luck.

Starts on Friday being aired in 10 minute episodes on Youtube. Then as a 2 hour movie whenever SyFy decides

ABOUT TIME!....thought we'd never see it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Conor108 wrote: »
    You may be in luck.

Feck, that looked good:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement