Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this is what the transition looks like when a boy becomes a girl

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

Very good thread, it inspired me to go looking at other sites about transitions. I am perfectly happy with my gender but I just find this interesting. I have a query though;

Looking at a lot of this stuff it seems that the change from female to male is easier, or at least more effective, than that of male to female. I am talking purely in terms of the physical change, not any of the psychological dificulties that there may or may not be. So is it true that FtM is easier than MtF? (maybe easier is the wrong choice of word but I am sure you catch my meaning.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Very good thread, it inspired me to go looking at other sites about transitions. I am perfectly happy with my gender but I just find this interesting. I have a query though;

Looking at a lot of this stuff it seems that the change from female to male is easier, or at least more effective, than that of male to female. I am talking purely in terms of the physical change, not any of the psychological dificulties that there may or may not be. So is it true that FtM is easier than MtF? (maybe easier is the wrong choice of word but I am sure you catch my meaning.)

In terms of visible change, yes, testosterone acts quicker and more noticeably than estrogen. Mainly because FtMs, with exception of secondary characteristics like breasts, are closer to the 'basic' pre pubic human body structure (bone shape, etc)

MtFs have already been exposed to the changes made by testosterone, and many of them can't be reversed (bones, facial hair, Adams Apple/voice)

However, surgeries (srs) are much simpler and less expensive for mtfs.

hare05 wrote: »
    In terms of visible change, yes, testosterone acts quicker and more noticeably than estrogen. Mainly because FtMs, with exception of secondary characteristics like breasts, are closer to the 'basic' pre pubic human body structure (bone shape, etc)

MtFs have already been exposed to the changes made by testosterone, and many of them can't be reversed (bones, facial hair, Adams Apple/voice)

However, surgeries (srs) are much simpler and less expensive for mtfs.

Well thanks for the info, it was interesting to learn about this stuff but I think my interest is sated. Time to go find the next thing to learn about. :D

Well thanks for the info, it was interesting to learn about this stuff but I think my interest is sated. Time to go find the next thing to learn about. :D

Glad to help. You're a bit of an information sponge like myself I guess. Try here if you wanna learn useful stuff xD

Glad to help. You're a bit of an information sponge like myself I guess. Try here if you wanna learn useful stuff xD

Cool thanks, I'll give it a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Just want to say, stumbled upon this thread by accident but its very interesting, major respect to anyone and everyone that has the courage to be themselves mentally and/ physically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Links234 wrote: »
    jQBcv.jpg
    only diffrrence i see here is lost weight and a shave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Right, I gotta say it, minorqback is my greatest inspiration.

YouTube her.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

This is an awesome thread by the way, it's really interesting to see how exactly people change on HRT and in the non-hormonal ways too. It'd be cool for someone going in the opposite direction to find some more girl -> boy ones too :D

• Advertisement

AndrewJD wrote: »
    This is an awesome thread by the way, it's really interesting to see how exactly people change on HRT and in the non-hormonal ways too. It'd be cool for someone going in the opposite direction to find some more girl -> boy ones too :D

I'll track some down!

Changes that can be made pre-hormones + advice.

And some FtM transitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Meesared wrote: »
    God looking through this thread i know quite a few of the girls featured on the pics

That's because you're an internet whore :pac:

Asry wrote: »
    That's because you're an internet whore :pac:

I think we all are :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Oh, dear me God, I know. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭WantToBeRose

She has such a great voice! :eek:

She has such a great voice! :eek:

I know I wish she'd do a video on how to acheive it :O

I'm guessing she transitioned young though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just subscribed to her blog :) Can't wait for boobs :D

Just subscribed to her blog :) Can't wait for boobs :D

I know! She got my hopes up about helping them grow :D Hopefully no need for implants :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know! She got my hopes up about helping them grow :D Hopefully no need for implants :p

I know, a boob job isn't something I really want. If I'm not happy with them after a couple of years then maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ysqTb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meredths1972

March 2011-December 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meredths1972

2 years

Advertisement