Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingenious ways to get drink into my debs

Options
  • 12-05-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Right so my debs is in a week and i face the eternal battle to get drink into the debs hall without getting caught. I know for a fact that the bouncers will be frisking and checking bags. Normally on a night out this wouldn't be a problem cos i'd drink enough b4 the pubs and clubs but.....it starts at 6 and finishes at 2am and i'd have no money to buy drinks all night. So i need a way to get drink (spirits) past the bouncers.

We've come up with a few ideas which include taping naggins to various body parts or hiding small bottles of spirits in our socks.

I need the wisdom of the Boards to guide me in my quest for ultimate "thrifty-ness".

P.s: I've looked at the "stingiest things you've seen stingy people do" thread but alas to no avail :(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If you're a lad, you'll be frisked very heavily and made take off your shoes, so bringing it in on your body probably won't work

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

In your tummeh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ah, kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Marge Simpson hairdo with winebag in, clear plastic tube behind ear to mouth! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Couldn't you try and enter the premises on some pretext in the days leading up to the event and stash your booty then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If the debs is so dull you're going to this effort to sneak in alcohol, maybe you just shouldn't be going? :confused:
    Alternatively try a night sober

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

get a lady friend to hold a naggon between her thighs. She probably wont be searched. For a party trick, get her to pour cocktails with no hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I know a girl who tied a rope round her waist and dangled a bottle between her legs. But this was in the day of big dresses. Probably wouldn't work with today's more slimeline, figure hugging styles ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 strumindaguitar

Im a lad, Problem is the venue is too far away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Surely it's a bit early in the year for debs. And what's wrong with just buying your booze there, or is it an underage gig? In either case, they'll probably be keeping a close eye on everyone once inside anyway. At my debs I remember a bouncer bursting into the jacks and checking what everyone had. I think he was looking for drugs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

bluewolf wrote: »
    If the debs is so dull you're going to this effort to sneak in alcohol, maybe you just shouldn't be going? :confused:

Ah, adults! :pac:

They're not serving drinks at your debs? That's a bit odd. They always had a bar back in the day. Although, considering the general mayhem that invariably ensued, probably not surprising that they abandoned that policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hide it up your anus.

or you can buy a bagpack that holds only just drinks its flat enough its used by people hiking and what not, they have a straw coming out of it. Holds up to 5 L they had them in argos but cant seem to find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Abrasax wrote: »
    Couldn't you try and enter the premises on some pretext in the days leading up to the event and stash your booty then?

Thats a tried and tested method which I have used successfully on many occasions in my youth.
    Otherwise, just neck a naggin before you go in, you wont need much else till after.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

they frisk you on the way into your debs:eek:

am i the only one who finds this a likkle bit strange??

Vain wrote: »
    Hide it up your anus.

or you can buy a bagpack that holds only just drinks its flat enough its used by people hiking and what not, they have a straw coming out of it. Holds up to 5 L they had them in argos but cant seem to find it now.

Called a camel pack i believe. Also mentioned above!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65857004&postcount=8

bluewolf wrote: »

....Lame

But seriously, there is gonna be drink there but i don't really feel like spending more money than i have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

If you could get away with wearing sandals this could be the solution. Go with Bermuda shorts too to complete the look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Question: is the place where the deb is soon - is it near where you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Get a girl to duck tape a shouder to her leg.

• Advertisement

Become overly happy that bounce will frisk you. Offer to let him search you.....thoroughly...

Either he will let you off, lest you get aroused by the search....
    Or he likes the idea!

Get a girl to duck tape a shouder to her leg.

Anyone else picturing sinead with her shoulder ducktaped to her leg?
    Oooo matron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

dannym08 wrote: »

Yes - a lot of places do it - in fact i cant think of any club that didnt check me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

....Lame

But seriously, there is gonna be drink there but i don't really feel like spending more money than i have to.

That's simple then. Just knock back a naggin before you go in, and then top it up every hour os so with an aftershock or something.

And when you're getting your stomach pumped at the end of the night, we never had this conversation, alright?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

dannym08 wrote: »

Sadly, a sign of the way things have gone. Society is probably "safer" than it was ten years ago but we're more afraid of our shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

For my debs the guy going with me just stuck a bottle of absinthe down his pants. Don't think we were checked at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If the place where the deb is, is near to you presently, there is an easy solution.
    Sadly however, it would be irresponsible of me to post something that could get the boards into trouble for aiding the consumption of alcohol to someone under-age?

Sorry.

Biggins wrote: »
    Question: is the place where the deb is soon - is it near where you live?

No, i wont be able to get there before the debs.

Ya im not underage btw...everthing is above board apart from the thriftyness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Vain wrote: »
    Hide it up your anus.

Would not work, hes too tight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

All you need to do is get a bottle of vodka and pour it into a pot, then buy a sponge and place it in the pot of vodka. Boil the vodka until all the water evaporates (the alcohol is naturally attracted to the sponge so it won't boil off).

When you get into the venue stick the sponge in a pint glass, add one sachet/teaspoon of sugar and fill with water, do not drink the solution as it will be neat vodka.

Add mixer to taste.

Drink sensibly.

Advertisement