Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingenious ways to get drink into my debs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have to say the Debs is one of the biggest let downs of your life. Its one of the first nights when you realise that life after school is probably going to be even worse. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

debs being considered amongst the greatest nights of your life?

Please... You must have such low expectations of life :pac:

I said biggest piss-ups not nights:p

Degag wrote: »
    Because your attitude stunk basically

hahahaha

Well you use words like "stinks" so I think I win!:cool:

YYeeaaahhhh Buddddyyyy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

My two tips that work!

First.
    Get a ziploc bag. Fill it with a naggin. Get all the air out by folding it, and close it. Then here comes the smart bit. Bring a raincoat of some sort. Cheap enough in Pennys or Dunnes. Theres a little pocket to hold the hood... Take the hood out and put the bag into the hood and roll it back into the jacket.
    Worked for me for the UCD Ball this year. Get a or a glass of water and you're sorted!

Second.
    Only worked once for me. Was in Howl at the Moon in Dublin on Wednesday. It was quite busy at one stage and the bar isn't too bright. It works better if its well busy and dark. You order your drinks: preferably that add up to less than a tenner. When you order have a twenty in your hand and make sure the barman sees it - flash it around a bit etc. When he goes to get your drinks switch it with a tenner. A good barmen will already have the change and everything in his head sorted. With a bit of luck he'll give you change for a twenty after you gave him a tenner!
    Shweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

trying to sneak into my debs...advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Since when are you not allowed to drink at your debs:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Who cares about the debs.................thats right nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

strumminguitar....debs are the girls' version ya plank

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Iv been to 4 debs in my and the bouncers dont give a ****... just dont go pouring it in your coke in front of everyone... better still just bring few pills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

This is the bad boy you need OP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

No drink at your debs? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Get a girl to bring it in for you. Down the crotch in a zip lock bag. Hide it in the environs of the hotel a day before hand. Rent a room and keep drink there. Bribe bartenders. Go to the resident bar. Up yer arse. Stay outside smoking before hand then just walk in after the initial checks. In yer shoe. Tape it ot yer leg.

TBH, yer best bet is just bringing booze on the nite, Leaving it hidden in the car park before going in, and going out for a fag every time you want to top up.

Sorted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

TheZohan wrote: »
    I actually convinced a bouncer that I was allergic to ink one night so he couldn't stamp my hand. Got him to stamp a packet of cigarettes instead. Ended up getting a few mates inside the club for free 'til they copped on.

You sir, are my hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I've read a couple of pages of posts, not them all, so I'm assuming that this response hasn't been posted. I've only once had to smuggle drink into a venue - Willie Nelson at the Point Depot a couple of years ago. You could drink at the bar, but not in the venue proper for some reason. I have though, had to smuggle booze out of venues on a lot of occasions, simply because all other places were shut and I didn't want to stay any longer (but wanted to finish my drink.) Here's how:

You'll need a friend, or more than one friend.

You'll need alcohol.

You'll need a container that one would expect to contain alcohol.

You need to be fairly brazen.

This won't work if the queue is organzied.

Before you go to the venue stash a horrendous amount of alcohol, in whatever form you wish, on your person. Have your friend openly carry a container of 'alcohol.' In your case I think a bottle of vodka will work best - simply fill it with water. When the bouncers attempt to remove the alcohol from your friend she should complain, not to the point where she won't get in (no swearing, etc) but more about the injustice of the policy. While she's distracting the bouncers you walk past fully laden with your booze. If she's good enough at kicking up a stink the bouncers might get concerned about a queue developing and just shepard people in. Or you'll get caught and go to jail for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Or you'll get caught and go to jail for the rest of your life.

Wait, what...??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Get yourself a can of lynx and when its empty carefully take the plastic part off the top of it. Then cut the top off it can making sure that the plastic part will still stay on when finished. Then put a bag in the can and fill the bag with your desired alcohol and tie the bag. Pop the plastic part back on your lynx can and you have what looks and feels like a full can of lynx but inside you have your precious alcohol! Iv used it many a time and never got caught! Good luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

a colostomy bag

Damn! I was going to suggest this!! Just fill it with whiskey and if anyone asks, say it's urine. They're hardly going to taste it, now are they.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Just take some mdma. It's better craic, cheaper and safer than alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Second.
    Only worked once for me. Was in Howl at the Moon in Dublin on Wednesday. It was quite busy at one stage and the bar isn't too bright. It works better if its well busy and dark. You order your drinks: preferably that add up to less than a tenner. When you order have a twenty in your hand and make sure the barman sees it - flash it around a bit etc. When he goes to get your drinks switch it with a tenner. A good barmen will already have the change and everything in his head sorted. With a bit of luck he'll give you change for a twenty after you gave him a tenner!
    Shweet!

So your telling the OP to attempt to steal from the business in question by using one of the oldest tricks in the book. By doing this you may also be risking the security of that barmans job as if he fell for this the till would be down at the end of the night and by quite a lot if a number of people got away with this type of theft!

In fact your post disgusts me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

So your telling the OP to attempt to steal from the business in question by using one of the oldest tricks in the book. By doing this you may also be risking the security of that barmans job as if he fell for this the till would be down at the end of the night and by quite a lot if a number of people got away with this type of theft!

Sorry so you support bringing alcohol into a venue that doesn't allow alcohol?
    Lets say there's a heap of them scutterred during the night. The parents find out and then you'd "be risking the security" of the bouncers job because they didn't check properly?

• Advertisement

I think people are unclear about the OP's point. They are allowed drink at the debs, they can buy it, there will be a bar open, he just doesn't have the money for that and wants to sneak in his own...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Second.
    Shweet!

Sorry so you support bringing alcohol into a venue that doesn't allow alcohol?
    Lets say there's a heap of them scutterred during the night. The parents find out and then you'd "be risking the security" of the bouncers job because they didn't check properly?

My post clearly addressed one issue and one issue only and that was that you advised the OP to try and deceive the barman into giving you the wrong change by showing one note and giving another in the hope that you would receive money and goods to which you are not entitled too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Bring flowers in a vase with water. If the bouncer asks, they're for one of your teachers on behalf of your class.

I must add, you may find out you put in such effort needlessly. I think you'd want to be looking a little dodgy to actually merit a search

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I just hope that no bouncers are reading this thread and are watching out for all of these tricks!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

searched at a debs? ending at 2AM? starting at 6? that all seems a bit odd. i was in work until 6 the night of my debs, the meal wasnt until 9pm and i dont think i got home until 7am. standards really are slipping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

just walk in the door backwards and they`ll think your going home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Drugs are far easier to smuggle in.

Although i always crave whiskey when im high.

nuxxx wrote: »
    just walk in the door backwards and they`ll think your going home

Quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

You could do what I did which was to down a bottle of buckfast really fast just before heading in, you won't be aware of not having more booze or anything else much if you're not used to the stuff. I used to drink 3/4 of a bottle and then tip a load of pure glucose in, combined with the caffeine you're buzzing all night! Just don't expect to sleep. :D If you get diabetes it's not my recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Reillyman, I'm going to have to disagree with you as well.

Your grad and debs are NOT 2 of the biggest piss ups in you life. Saying this suggests that they are among the top sessions you will have. They are not.

The debs is usually a messy night, yes people have a lot to drink too quickly, which ends up with them twisted fairly early in the night.

Trust me, there are better nights. I've been to a few debs in my time, and worked at many, many more. They are over rated, over priced and over very quickly.

Yup my debs was easily the worst night out of my life, partying with a load of w*nkers I didn't even like in my free time wtf??? We had much better house parties ourselves with a load of people we actually liked as teenagers. I have the memory of the 'popular girl' (muppet that she was bless) dancing on a table to britney spears and crying at the same time because her and her boyf had broken up again burned into my conciousness to this day. Added to this a load of people got busted by the cops for pills because one little b*tch ratted everyone else up to get herselve out of trouble. Added to that my mate got off her tits and came onto our principle. Dear god I need to try harder to repress that night.
    OP you're being stingy, my advice is get the money from somewhere and get as hammered as possible, no matter the cost in the hope that you won't be able to remember anything the next morning :D

Advertisement