Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

When have you ever bought a pill for €100? Street value €7,500 or less.

I know I was joking - they always artifically inflate the street value price on media reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Zascar wrote: »

I agree 1500 is a lot of gear to bring to a festival or even have in the first place for that matter, and he probably does deserve whatever sentence he receives, but it's amazing how some people jump on the moral high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Everyone wish Electrogrimey a happy birthday!!! 20 years old, awww bless. You make me feel really bloody old you fukker. :p

A little late i know but,

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    I agree 1500 is a lot of gear to bring to a festival or even have in the first place for that matter, and he probably does deserve whatever sentence he receives, but it's amazing how some people jump on the moral high horse.

It is a lot of pills to bring but this is how the dealers that had the "Rights" to exclusive dealing in the ASYLUM, OLYMPIC etc made there bread.......1500 pills bought for €2 or €3 each sold on individually or for no less than say €7 for a couple at a time stands to make you a few grand in one weekend.......it was the attraction of making so much money that dragged the dublin Raves of past down into the gang wars that resulted in bloodshed & violence........you will always get this kind of attempted dealing at major events like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

SuprSi wrote: »
    they always artifically inflate the street value price on media reports.

It's not the media, it's the Guards - they just break the quantity down to single units and claim that to be the 'street value' - it just makes it sound better. Like when they claim a kilo of coke is 100k (1,000g x €100) - when in reality you can get it for a tenth of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

ianuss wrote: »
    It's not the media, it's the Guards - they just break the quantity down to single units and claim that to be the 'street value' - it just makes it sound better. Like when they claim a kilo of coke is 100k (1,000g x €100) - when in reality you can get it for a tenth of that.

Yeah, it technically could be sold for that, but never would be. Like if they siezed a few pounds of weed, they'd work it out as if you were selling it all off in 50 bags, which doesn't happen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I got an offer through from Beatport today - a voucher code for 25% off my next purchase. I don't have much in my crate right now really, so I'm offering it up for anyone that wants it. Makes send that someone takes it who is going to spend a decent amount of money - but the most amusing reply as to why you deserve to win will probably swing it

Lads I got an offer through from Beatport today - a voucher code for 25% off my next purchase. I don't have much in my crate right now really, so I'm offering it up for anyone that wants it. Makes send that someone takes it who is going to spend a decent amount of money - but the most amusing reply as to why you deserve to win will probably swing it

Because im a magpie bas.tard that cant resist anything for free even if i dont have a beatport accountohnoes.gif

(i dont want it really:D)

Don't think I've ever laughed so much at a track. This is Afrojack's 'new' track. Anyone who knows his stuff, and how stale it is, should find this pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »

Did he play any decent sounding tunes i would like to know.......must be an mp3 of it floating around somewhere......good man bob, hopefully it sounded better than your bag of cats being drowned voice:D

(i do like dylan by the way)

dylan_large.jpg

I heard the new electronic version of Like A Rolling Stone and there was so much wobble in the bass that the cans vibrated right off my melon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

the source website is a satire site, but its satire based on current events.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Did he play any decent sounding tunes i would like to know.......must be an mp3 of it floating around somewhere......good man bob, hopefully it sounded better than your bag of cats being drowned voice:D

(i do like dylan by the way)

dylan_large.jpg

oh dear. you know what satire means yeah?

yea The Onion has been around for years, probably the original web based satire site. Still, I'm seeing this story popping up all over the place today and some folks think it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

which goes to show how bad some people are at getting jokes.

Have loved the onion since the days of dialup. But my favourite humour site is cracked.com. Even though it's a little too american, it's always worth a read....

http://www.cracked.com

jtsuited wrote: »
    oh dear. you know what satire means yeah?

For sure......i would guess thats Fat Boys Slims shirt.

37953_438228627517_40916752517_5996830_7918449_n.jpg

That is brilliant.

• Advertisement

just a collection of some pretty cool snaps from the bull run in Pamplona......

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/the_festival_of_san_fermin_201.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

just a collection of some pretty cool snaps from the bull run in Pamplona......

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/the_festival_of_san_fermin_201.html
    that **** actually really disgusts me.

the image of the bull vomiting blood is too much.total barbaric sport

seannash wrote: »
    that **** actually really disgusts me.

the image of the bull vomiting blood is too much.total barbaric sport

ye, it's a bit crazy alright. Sorry if I caused any offence by the way.

I actually went to a bullfight in Madrid a couple of years ago. I really didn't like it, and agree it's barbaric. But they love it over there and it's really tough to get seats for it. We just went out of curiosity. Some of the pics of randomers getting snotted by bulls were the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ye, it's a bit crazy alright. Sorry if I caused any offence by the way.

I actually went to a bullfight in Madrid a couple of years ago. I really didn't like it, and agree it's barbaric. But they love it over there and it's really tough to get seats for it. We just went out of curiosity. Some of the pics of randomers getting snotted by bulls were the highlight for me.
    ah no im not offended i just hate animal cruelty and thats all this amounts to.

delighted for the matadors that get gauged

Have to agree......absolute fuc.king as.sholes & bell ends the lot of em.......if their so fuc.king brave leave the bull out & let two matadors go at each other with the same weaponry.........nah sorry, be to much like a level playing field that way & someone might get hurt.

I dont give a sh.it what anyone says about the tradition........if you seen some lads with big blades down in Tipp for example slashing & sticking knives in a bull in field you wouldnt allow it........no difference.

I have seen many examples of cultural beleifs around the dignity of the animal being paramount when it is being slain for human consumption & then giving thanks to the animal for the sustenance it then provides, death must be quick, humane & as painless as possible. Thats how right minded people from all walks of life and cultures have evolved to think........this is backward thinking & nothing less than satisfaction for cruel & sadistic men that have found a socially acceptable outlet to publicly display their sadistic dominance over an animal to counter for something else lacking elsewhere in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm completely against bull fighting too, but some of the photo's on that site are simply superb.

SuprSi wrote: »
    some of the photo's on that site are simply superb.

that's the only reason I posted the link - I wasn't trying to showcase bullfighting or anything like that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

+1 some stunning shots there, but its horrible to see an animal being mutilated for the pleasure of others. A Spanish friend told me that basically every young boy in Spain dreams of being a bullfighter when they grow up, kinda crazy...

+1 some stunning shots there, but its horrible to see an animal being mutilated for the pleasure of others. A Spanish friend told me that basically every young boy in Spain dreams of being a bullfighter when they grow up, kinda crazy...

Well maybe now it will be 50 50 bullfighters & footballers:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have to agree, the photos are amazing, but Bull fighting is absolutely disgusting.

I don't have as much of a problem with the Bull Run as I do with the actual Bull Fighting(Killing), at least with the Bull Run it gives the Bulls a fighting chance.

What's the view of the general public in Spain when it comes to Bull Fighting? Is it accepted as part of their culture, or is it the same as Fox Hunting?

There doesn't seem to be much opposition to it, which is strange considering it's so horrific and cruel. Then again, a lot of the opposition to Fox Hunting seems to come from a class perspective.

Advertisement