Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What's the view of the general public in Spain when it comes to Bull Fighting? Is it accepted as part of their culture, or is it the same as Fox Hunting?

AFAIK it's massive. When I went to see it there was some sort of festival on and there was bull fighting on every night for 6 weeks. Every night was a sellout too. Maybe 15-20,000 people at it. Loads of families at it. Lots of cheering from the spectators. Strange experience all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Strange. I remember watching a documentary years ago about it and the guy presenting it gave a list of reasons why it so accepted culturally. It was years ago so I can't really remember the reasons and tbh, I thought attitudes may have changed since then.

I know this may sound twisted but I would like to see one for myself. I know I'd be horrified once I actually saw the spectacle but there's something inside me that would like to see what the attraction is.

that's pretty much why I went - just so I could tick it off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Strange. I remember watching a documentary years ago about it and the guy presenting it gave a list of reasons why it so accepted culturally. It was years ago so I can't really remember the reasons and tbh, I thought attitudes may have changed since then.

I know this may sound twisted but I would like to see one for myself. I know I'd be horrified once I actually saw the spectacle but there's something inside me that would like to see what the attraction is.

Well i will be in spain in a little over two weeks & i wont & have no interest in going to see one, nasty, horrible, sickening decent into savagery that would not give anything as way of worthwhile life experience is how i feel........nothing to be gained from such mindless cruelty except inflating the sadistic ego's of the bullkillers by filling out a stadium with cheers at every stabbing.

I wonder how many men & boys actually dont like it but are pressurised into accepting this is how you should be as a man in spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

A fcuking disgusting spectacle.

• Advertisement

....nothing to be gained from such mindless cruelty except inflating the sadistic ego's of the bullkillers by filling out a stadium with cheers at every stabbing.

I wonder how many men & boys actually dont like it but are pressurised into accepting this is how you should be as a man in spain.
    Who said I'd be cheering? As I've said, I'd only go so I can see for myself what's the appeal for the crowd. Not saying I agree with (I don't) but as meat eaters people can be very hypocritical about these types of things. I'd just like to make up my own mind on the matter with an educated opinion. That said, I'd probably chicken when it came to the crunch.

Who said I'd be cheering? As I've said, I'd only go so I can see for myself what's the appeal for the crowd. Not saying I agree with (I don't) but as meat eaters people can be very hypocritical about these types of things. I'd just like to make up my own mind on the matter with an educated opinion. That said, I'd probably chicken when it came to the crunch.

Sorry, never said you would be cheering but can see how it would have come across like that........and as you have pointed out as meat eaters, i fully agree with the philosophy of knowing where your food comes from & being witness to the slaughter process should you have that opportunity, not for the pleasure of the kill or the killer but to have the respect for the animal that you at least have the balls to see how your food comes to your plate if you eat meat.........i think the pics that were shown are enough to make an educated opinion & in fact i think it captures it even more poiniantley when you have static images so close rather than being amongst a crowd of thousands at a distance as to why it is so sadistic & cruel.

Sorry, never said you would be cheering but can see how it would have come across like that........and as you have pointed out as meat eaters, i fully agree with the philosophy of knowing where your food comes from & being witness to the slaughter process should you have that opportunity, not for the pleasure of the kill or the killer but to have the respect for the animal that you at least have the balls to see how your food comes to your plate if you eat meat.........i think the pics that were shown are enough to make an educated opinion & in fact i think it captures it even more poiniantley when you have static images so close rather than being amongst a crowd of thousands at a distance as to why it is so sadistic & cruel.
    The pictures don't show why the what the crowds get from it though

The pictures don't show why the what the crowds get from it though

Granted, but im guessing that there is a certain degree of mass hysteria type of effect that envelops the crowd when the 'show' is built up slowly by the bullkiller........people i would guess are being carried away with the frenzy all around being created & with it being a tradition feel some form of societal peer pressure to enjoy whether they are aware of it or not.

Still wont be going to a 'bull fight' to find out what the rest of the crowd get from it.....sure if thats the case i may as well go to an underground gangsters pit bull fight also just to see what they get from it......again i cant see what can be gained by way of life experience in doing so.

Still wont be going to a 'bull fight' to find out what the rest of the crowd get from it.....sure if thats the case i may as well go to an underground gangsters pit bull fight also just to see what they get from it......again i cant see what can be gained by way of life experience in doing so.
    Pit Bull Fighting isn't a culturally accepted phenomenon of an entire country.

Ah listen, dunno why I'm even getting into this debate. I think it's sick, as do most other people, so I think I'll just leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

well the thing is, much as dogfights are sick, twisted, and basically fcuked up, at least it's dog on dog. Punters go and gamble on a sick fight. That's all there is to it.

Bullfighting is just slowly killing the poor animal with friggin weapons and teasing it. So much worse in my books.

Pit Bull Fighting isn't a culturally accepted phenomenon of an entire country.

True, but that makes it even more strange a phenomenon.......its not OK to have animals fight each other which would be equally matchhed but it is OK to have a human slauughter an animal slowly:confused:
    Ah listen, dunno why I'm even getting into this debate. I think it's sick, as do most other people, so I think I'll just leave it there.

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Bit of a question to lighten the mood here :pac:

If you export something as a 32 bit Wav in ableton, and then take it into Audacity to export it as 320 mp3, is that an alright way to convert it? There're dithering options on Ableton, but it can only export in Wav and Aiff, and for soundcloud I prefer to have them as mp3.

Bit of a question to lighten the mood here :pac:

If you export something as a 32 bit Wav in ableton, and then take it into Audacity to export it as 320 mp3, is that an alright way to convert it? There're dithering options on Ableton, but it can only export in Wav and Aiff, and for soundcloud I prefer to have them as mp3.

Dont know why you would go about getting something to MP3 the way you said.....it seems kind of complex for something straight forward.......this is a great piece of freeware for converting all manner of stuff at whatever bit rate you want.......might be easier for ya,

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

sounds like good logic there electrogrimey. Were I doing the same thing I'd do it the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Quick question: Would it be possible to use the Traktor Kontrol X1 to control Deck C & D in traktor and use my numark omni for deck A & B ??

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Quick question: Would it be possible to use the Traktor Kontrol X1 to control Deck C & D in traktor and use my numark omni for deck A & B ??

Should be, although bear in mind that the X1 isn't a MIDI controller, it transmits HID so works a bit differently from normal MIDI controllers. I've used my X1 along with other MIDI controllers so I don't see why it shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Zascar wrote: »
    Bit sh1tty of them to post the exact cause of death, how embarrassing for parents etc.
    (posted in response to this http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/07/09/2010-07-09_coroner_says_uk_nanny_loved_herself_to_death.html)

Jim Jeffries has a fear of dying like this (while ****). Great bit of stand-up.....

Brilliant. Seriously.

http://www.howtospeakhip.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Brilliant. Seriously.

http://www.howtospeakhip.com/
    yep, dug that

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just in case anyone has not seen this...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055972695

Another epic thread in the making!!!

Heres something i heard before that i cannot verify 100% as to the origins of 'Dig it',

Apparently it actually comes from when the Irish went to america & became farm owners with slaves working the land for them & they were asking them questions of what they had to do for them, when asked in Irish do you understand it is,

'An dtuigeann tú'

which sounds like,

on - dig - an - tu

So the story goes that it got mixed half & half english/Irish & a slang term was generated as,

'Can you dig it'

Meaning do you understand or get it.......it may be true or it may not.

Zascar wrote: »
    Just in case anyone has not seen this...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055972695

Another epic thread in the making!!!

Jeff is on fire over at the EMI thread........http://www.emireland.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5125

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahaha priceless stuff. Jeff, would you not be worries that one day you might piss someone off and it might have an indirect negative affect on your own career? The chances of crossover might be small, but stranger things have happened!

I'd never really heard of that Gibbons bloke before, but man, what a knob-jockey..........and what a cringey video. I mean, having your own name on your t-shirt and your record bag......pffff

I love Jeff's '**** smiley' on the EMI forum. Awesome!

Really? He's all over the place. Has a radio show and usually posts something in the clubbing section every week or so, not idea why cause no one ever replies and not very many even read it....

ianuss wrote: »
    (posted in response to this http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/07/09/2010-07-09_coroner_says_uk_nanny_loved_herself_to_death.html)

Jim Jeffries has a fear of dying like this (while ****). Great bit of stand-up.....

That is absolutely brilliant Ian!

Not rude or dirty in any way, but this is my favourite piece of comedy ever. This skit has spawned so many inside jokes and one-liners between my mates its amazing...

I know you.... I do, I do, I Do know you!
    Toboggan!

Jim Jeffries is briliiant - he's over for the Carlsberg Comedy thing in the Iveagh Gardens this week (tix through ticketmster). I'll be heading in to see him on Thursday :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement