Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rubber soles

like a lot of you im also on the three net and due an upgrade. was waiting on the desire but there seems to be no end in sight. problem is that i need to stay with 3 for the free 3 to 3. would the xperia x10 be a decent substitute for the desire even if its running older o/s. i think its getting 2.1 later in year with hd on camera

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

like a lot of you im also on the three net and due an upgrade. was waiting on the desire but there seems to be no end in sight. problem is that i need to stay with 3 for the free 3 to 3. would the xperia x10 be a decent substitute for the desire even if its running older o/s. i think its getting 2.1 later in year with hd on camera

I've played with the xperia in store and the desire is way ahead of it. The touchscreen is much more responsive and clarity is much better. If you're stuck with three then I'd recommend waiting, you won't be unhappy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

and a 24 month contract!

but at only £30 a month? That's €36 a month. I go through about €20/m as it is with no minutes and no internet. That's an amazing deal. If I were in the UK, I would snap that up like that *snaps fingers for effect that is woefully missed online*

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

To be honest, I'd just be happy if they could get the bl**dy phone on the shelves in 3 Ireland.

Has anyone heard anything about 3 Ireland introducing new price plans for Superphones? I'm thinking of the kind of deals that Meteor and Vadafone have where along with minutes and texts you also get 1GB of Data per month. With 3's flexi minutes you'ld only get 150 MB with zero texts and zero minutes for 30 euro a month. There's an option to ad 1GB but that would cost another tenner a month.
    They don't seem competitive on the data offerings for Bill pay.
    I'm really thinking I should just go to Meteor....plus I could have the Desire straight away instead of two weeks from Never with Three!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,144 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any who has got an iphone upgrade with them got 1GB of data thrown in as well as double flexi units for 6mts, the 1GB can also be used for tethering the o2 & Meteor data with their smart phone plans can't be used for tethering..

Any who has got an iphone upgrade with them got 1GB of data thrown in as well as double flexi units for 6mts, the 1GB can also be used for tethering the o2 & Meteor data with their smart phone plans can't be used for tethering..

Am I not looking in the right place or is there no information about the iphone price plan on the three website. It's like they don't sell it.
    Also, by "tethering" do you mean using the phone as a "modem" with a laptop to access the internet as opposed to accessing the net directly from the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi All, I said this before... I phone can be bought by people who want to upgrade. For those who want to buy desire, I would suggest to buy this iphone and swap it for desire. I did it and desire works excellent...I are getting phone, you are getting 1GB allowance. I managed to install skype so this is available on desire.

iwo wrote: »
    Hi All, I said this before... I phone can be bought by people who want to upgrade. For those who want to buy desire, I would suggest to buy this iphone and swap it for desire. I did it and desire works excellent...I are getting phone, you are getting 1GB allowance. I managed to install skype so this is available on desire.

Iwo.... What do you mean? Did you go for the iPhone upgrade and sell the iPhone privately. Then buy a Desire privately again and use it on the 3 network instead....with the package you got with the iPhone?

What do you pay each month with 3 and what data and minutes and text allowance do you get?

hi, yes, I got iphone as an upgrade. I am on relax 150 - 30euro/month. I got iphone for 129euro. They doubled my minutes for next 6 months plus I got 1gb allowance. I swap the iphone for brand new desire. There is a guy on ebay selling phones (lad from Ireland - dublin area). I am using desire for about 4weeks with no problem, 3g works fine. I was very surprised with setting as i didnt have to do anything with it!! I just put simcard and chose i
    three ireland - all setting were uploaded automatically, I am able to check minutes etc. Mails, web, texts etc, works very well under 3g. The only bad thing is battery life...one day is a max...So...get iphone with allowance, sell it and get desire or wait for htc evo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

iwo wrote: »
    hi, yes, I got iphone as an upgrade. I am on relax 150 - 30euro/month. I got iphone for 129euro. They doubled my minutes for next 6 months plus I got 1gb allowance. I swap the iphone for brand new desire. There is a guy on ebay selling phones (lad from Ireland - dublin area). I am using desire for about 4weeks with no problem, 3g works fine. I was very surprised with setting as i didnt have to do anything with it!! I just put simcard and chose i
    three ireland - all setting were uploaded automatically, I am able to check minutes etc. Mails, web, texts etc, works very well under 3g. The only bad thing is battery life...one day is a max...So...get iphone with allowance, sell it and get desire or wait for htc evo!

Was the iphone locked to 3 when you sold it?
    Could be a better option than waiting for 3 to get the desire!

1. I couldnt open it as this iphone was for a swap - but I think that this phone was unlocked as ebay guy was very happy to take it...
    2. Cost of phone was 130E - Will you get desire cheaper?
    3. 1gb allowance was another argument to go for this swap
    4. I had the swap organised earlier so everything was easy to do
    5. Settings for desire were uploaded automatically - sweet
    6. I have sim free phone !!
    7...OMG and I almost forgot - I do not have to deal with terrible CS anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Conar

Just spoke with 3 Customer Services again.
    They have a few hundread Desire's arriving next Wednesday.
    They couldn't confirm price plans yet.

Might be complete schmit but thought I'd pass on the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Conar wrote: »
    Just spoke with 3 Customer Services again.
    They have a few hundread Desire's arriving next Wednesday.
    They couldn't confirm price plans yet.

Might be complete schmit but thought I'd pass on the info.

Yeah, good on them,

next week is 23rd June or in other words one week before July.

So next week, you hang on a few days for them to show up, still nothing, you ring them back and hey presto, they will be here in 4-5 days.

Dang its July.

I hope you asked them to ring ya when they arrive.

I think I'm gonna go with the Wave or the X10 myself at this stage. The desire has left me :(

Ok, Called 3 customer care again. They were able to tell me that I'm on the list (for some time now) and the latest news is indeed that they expect the first batch to arrive with them early next week.

I know that that could be complete fiction tho, but it's still nice to hear. I'm a sucker for a happy ending I guess.

In fairness to all the 3 staff in the stores and in customer care. The vast majority of them have clearly been morified with embarassment over all the messing that's gone on. They've been very sympathetic and understanding...but there's obviously nothing they can do.

If anything was to come out of all of this (apart from me finally getting my HTC Desire on the network of my preference) I'd like to think that 3 would try to be more proactive with news and updates for their customers AND their staff....
    ...which brings us back to works of fiction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 deadlytea

Noticed the BlackBerry Bold is now available on the three site: http://www.three.ie/shop/blackberry-bold-9700-black-relax-950.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

raeGten wrote: »
    Ok, Called 3 customer care again. They were able to tell me that I'm on the list (for some time now) and the latest news is indeed that they expect the first batch to arrive with them early next week.

I know that that could be complete fiction tho, but it's still nice to hear. I'm a sucker for a happy ending I guess.

In fairness to all the 3 staff in the stores and in customer care. The vast majority of them have clearly been morified with embarassment over all the messing that's gone on. They've been very sympathetic and understanding...but there's obviously nothing they can do.

If anything was to come out of all of this (apart from me finally getting my HTC Desire on the network of my preference) I'd like to think that 3 would try to be more proactive with news and updates for their customers AND their staff....
    ...which brings us back to works of fiction!

I talked to 3 upgrades dept. and they said it would be first week in July.

I've just relented to sitting back and trying to forget about it. Obviously I haven't quite forgotten about it, as I seem to stalk this particular thread.

Like you I'm waiting for 3 to get this phone. I joined 3 because they were the first network to acknowledge data and offer reasonable rates for it.

Now to forget about it till I get the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am waiting to join 3 and looking for the desire, really hope they get it in before the end of the month!!

Just been quoted on the phone, mid to late July by 3 *sigh*

angel01 wrote: »
    I am waiting to join 3 and looking for the desire, really hope they get it in before the end of the month!!

I think they're meant to be getting in a couple of hundred soon...like end of this week. I put my name on the waiting list online as soon as I could. That was probably back in April or May. Anyway, I was told last week that my name was one of the first on the list so I'm hoping that I'm in their "Top 200" so I'll get one from that batch.

I've been stalking this thread too so as soon as I get word (or better still, get my hands on the phone, I'll post here and share the good news. Till then, fingers crossed. It's been a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Gings

angel01 wrote: »

Ah Jaysus! MID-LATE JULY!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:( Was going to Jump ship over this almost a month ago, but didn't as I thought I could hold out another couple of weeks. I was told by "Dave" in 3 CS on Wednesday last that they would have it this week so was waiting till Wednesday before checking with them again.

This is getting beyond a joke at this stage!
    Is there any concrete information on when 3 will have these handsets????

Seems like 3 are just letting the sales reps make up their own lies to keep people on "waiting lists", probably so they can get cash in when / IF the handsets arrive.

Sickened to the chops waiting on this phone! Sort it out 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Am so glad I switched to Meteor 2 weeks ago. Have really enjoyed playing with my shiny new Desire and showing it off to my mates (who are suitably and justifibly jealous.

Obviously switching provider isn't for everyone, and only time will tell if it suits me, but I think it should be ok for me

I really want to jump ship from O2 to 3 and get the desire and have got out of my contract but I feel O2's packages are not for me. I guess I will sit patiently and wait for this phone. I don't want to sell my HD2 till I have a new phone as otherwise I will be phone-less :eek:

I really dont want to wait till bloody mid July :(:(

What I was trying to say in my last post was that they're saying they're getting 200 in this week. But those 200 will probably go to the first on the list. If you're not near the top of the list you may have to wait for the next batch. Hopefully though the fact that they're getting ANY Desire's in means that they've sorted out the issues they had with the phone or HTC or the volcano in Iceland or whatever. If that's the case, then 3 may finally be making the Desire available to ALL their customers.
    Of course now they'll have to join all the other network providers queueing up to get the Desire in stock and then selling out in a couple of hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

I was told yesterday in 3 shop in The Square that they are expecting the HTC Desire on the 12th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Could have sworn CPW are selling this under a 3pay & a bill plan :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Could have sworn CPW are selling this under a 3pay & a bill plan :confused:

Nope. It's out on display but when you ask they say it's not available on 3 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Conar

K, I'm a sucker for always ringing them but today they are saying that it will be the end of next week or the first week in July. I needed it before my hols but won't get it.
    I guess I'll just see who's best value when I get back as my contract ends in early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

Called into 3 store in Cork today and was told the Desire should be in stock in about two weeks. On the relax 150 plan it will cost €149 with an 18 month contract. Can't remember the other prices and don't know if the web prices will be much cheaper.

Anyone know how much it will be on a relax 350 plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

Advertisement