Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Wonder what pricing will be like.

I gave up waiting and went for sim-free instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

just what i have been waiting for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    just what i have been waiting for!

ha ha, me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

I spoke to someone in the 3 upgrades dept and he said it would be around similar pricing to meteor and they would probably match it or better it if upgrading. Desire due around 17th may and he reckoned it was not going to have 3 firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Hopefully there'll be some offers for new customers :P

Dying to move to 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

I was waiting two weeks for iphone on three. Thanks to god they didnt manage to get it back in stock!! Now I want this phone :) Few friends have it and they are mega happy...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Dying to move to 3

the new 20€ deal is so good, it comes in really handy having free calls and texts on a friday night.
    that deal plus a desire is going to be great.

has anybody heard any rumours regarding a package for the Desire?

i was down in my local 3 shop but the girl didnt know of anything

and she was saying the only reason they havent got the iphone in their retail stores is they're waiting for the 4G one instead, expected around august or september

if i can get a decent package on the Desire, id rather that though

They selling x10 for 300euro/relax150 plan!!18months contract..Are they crazy?!?! If desire costs more that 200e then I am moving from them...My directions is...meteor

iwo wrote: »
    They selling x10 for 300euro/relax150 plan!!18months contract..Are they crazy?!?! If desire costs more that 200e then I am moving from them...My directions is...meteor
    Absolutely crazy alright. £422 sim free from clove - €499 sim free from fonzeonline

• Advertisement

Loggie wrote: »
    Absolutely crazy alright. £422 sim free from clove - €499 sim free from fonzeonline

I just cannot understand why Three always makes life difficult. I have two accounts with them plus 3pay. My contract is coming to end next month. I asked them if I could get 1gb allowance free the answer was - NO. I am waiting for this desire few weeks and I am loosing patience...If they ask me to pay 300 euro and sign 18months contract without any GB allowance I just quickly say F%$K OFF.
    Would you know which one is better for 3g, meteor or vodafone?
    Thanks

Xperia pricing hahaqx.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Carphone Warehouse have Deire on O2 for €169 18month contract and €40 per month includes 2GB 150mins 100txt.
    Seems like a good plan on a very good network except for 18month bit:(
    Because O2 use 3g(H)and edge is this the best network for these data heavy phones? Is it possible to download data over its edge network although at a slower rate?

Meteor offers 12months contract 35e/month for 1gb alowance, 200mins and 200texts...phone costs 160euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Meteor offers 12months contract 35e/month for 1gb alowance, 200mins and 200texts...phone costs 160euro

Yeah but No meteor to meteor free texts which is very strange!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Coyote

or just €30 if you sign up for a 18 month contract

Coyote wrote: »
    or just €30 if you sign up for a 18 month contract
    Is the meteor network any good? Mixed opinions on boards.

Loggie wrote: »
    Is the meteor network any good? Mixed opinions on boards.

It all depends its basic only reason im still on it is free meteor to meteor texts to the girlfriend and most my friends are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Meteor network is fine for me in and around Dublin area. Desire says I'm on HSDPA most of the time in the city centre... Even when it's on Edge I'm happy enough with it as the apps and mobile websites keep the amount of data to a minimum, so they still load pretty quick

Whats the packages like with meteor?
    Im looking for one with basic internet use and free meteor meteor texts

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Was onto Three Ireland's customer service today and they still won't confirm a date for the release of the Desire, just that it's coming soon.

They wouldn't even be drawn on whether 'soon' meant weeks or months.

*maintains a state of cat like readiness*

• Advertisement

Was onto Three Ireland's customer service today and they still won't confirm a date for the release of the Desire, just that it's coming soon.

They wouldn't even be drawn on whether 'soon' meant weeks or months.

*maintains a state of cat like readiness*

...The same here.But, I rang three dundrum and they said that this phone will arrive in........June!! If this phone wont show up on three on monday then I am leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

Dangerous question as i was thnking of switching to 3 due to the fact that my girlfriend is from belfast and i could use the 3 like home service which would be great with the desire phone but have heard mix views about them. i'm with meteor right now and find them fine but if i get a smartphone like the desire i'd like to be able to browse the web while up north without selling a kidney to pay for the data roaming.

pwwillia wrote: »
    Dangerous question as i was thnking of switching to 3 due to the fact that my girlfriend is from belfast and i could use the 3 like home service which would be great with the desire phone but have heard mix views about them. i'm with meteor right now and find them fine but if i get a smartphone like the desire i'd like to be able to browse the web while up north without selling a kidney to pay for the data roaming.

Three is the network for you then. i spent a week over in Coventry last year and it didn't cost me a penny extra as my mins, texts and data usage there was handled just like i was at home.

Three is the network for you then. i spent a week over in Coventry last year and it didn't cost me a penny extra as my mins, texts and data usage there was handled just like i was at home.

I was looking tonight at there best of both packages!!!
    Look very good i was thining about getting the 25 option free texts to any network and then i was gonna get the 1gb 9.99 ad on so 35 bills a month!!!

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    I was looking tonight at there best of both packages!!!
    Look very good i was thining about getting the 25 option free texts to any network and then i was gonna get the 1gb 9.99 ad on so 35 bills a month!!!

i have that one, its great

but you dont get much of a discount of the phones is the only snag

i have that one, its great

but you dont get much of a discount of the phones is the only snag

Hmmmm just dont tell me missis theres no discount :D

Ill be telling her I only spent 29euro on the phone!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I was considering meteor for the Desire but since for the next 2 months I'll be visiting GAA grounds around the country the chances of having a decent data signal is down the tubes. The 3 deal sounds intresting, a few of the grounds are in the north. Is their data coverage decent?

Well i haven't been round the country much in say the last year but I do know that three are behind the rural broadband scheme that the govt. lazily rolled out instead of proper broadband... so I'd be willing to bet that they probably have good coverage country wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

I've been on Three for a year and a half.
    The Data coverage is generally good around towns and villages, outside that the wap signal is used which is fine if your using a low data application.
    Not so good if your using googlemaps to navigate.

I really enjoyed travelling to England without paying any roaming as it was all within the three network. Very useful for looking at maps and information. Look forward to using it in Italy (Three are there too)

What I really want though is a HTC Desire, ideally would like to get a call today from the upgrade centre and have the phone tommorow.

Very tempting to jump ship to another network for this phone. Hopefully I can fight off phone fever until Three launch it.

Three if your listening, the desire is already in the market you need to strike while the iron is hot. Give us our Desire's!! ;)

• Advertisement

Clone wrote: »
    Three if your listening, the desire is already in the market you need to strike while the iron is hot. Give us our Desire's!! ;)

Right there with you buddy!

Advertisement