Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

supaburger wrote: »
    i called 1913 today and they told me, the phone won't be available till July
    :mad:
    I got an email too the other day.... **** buzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

July is ridiculous!
    How disorganised are they?
    I'm stuck with them cos so many people I know are with them already it makes sense to stick with them....but they really need to get their act together on the phones. I know it's run by different people but look how long 3 UK have had the Desire. And how did they end up being the last operator to get it if they're meant to have the most up to date network. Isn't that their Unique Selling Point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

3 can be very very annoying....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

All they have to do is get the good smartphones and they are hands down the best network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

SteM wrote: »
    OT, but I've never seen this. How do you set it up?

Just on Plant 3 During the football season, you dont even have to renew it every year, it remains active. Very Cool!

You just follow the links to the Football highlights, straight forward enough.

• Advertisement

I see the wave is out today also

http://www.three.ie/shop/samsung-wave-black-relax950-18.htm

Still no Desire though :(

Yeah, but it's not android.
    How come Three only have three Android phones!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Finally got sick of waiting for 3 to release the desire, so went into Meteor and walked away with a brand new desire within 10 minutes. Had a fair few of them in the Meteor store in Athlone. Was in Carphone Wharehouse in Athlone Town Centre yesterday and they also had loads of them for Meteor, O2 or Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Finally got sick of waiting for 3 to release the desire, so went into Meteor and walked away with a brand new desire within 10 minutes. Had a fair few of them in the Meteor store in Athlone. Was in Carphone Wharehouse in Athlone Town Centre yesterday and they also had loads of them for Meteor, O2 or WVodafone.

Whats your bill package with that dude?

Finally got sick of waiting for 3 to release the desire, so went into Meteor and walked away with a brand new desire within 10 minutes. Had a fair few of them in the Meteor store in Athlone. Was in Carphone Wharehouse in Athlone Town Centre yesterday and they also had loads of them for Meteor, O2 or Vodafone.

Congratulations Dacelonid!
    I'm sure this isn't the first customer Three have lost from this fiasco! And it won't be the last.
    I'd have gone to meteor 2 months ago if it wasn't for the fact that so many people I know are with 3 already...I'd loose my 3 to 3 minutes. It's obvious why they're being so vaugue with the launch date. If I'd know back then that I'd still be waiting for a launch date in the middle of June(!!!!) I'd have gone with Meteor there and then.
    I may yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 deadlytea

Fair play. Let your walking do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

raeGten wrote: »
    Congratulations Dacelonid!
    I'm sure this isn't the first customer Three have lost from this fiasco! And it won't be the last.
    I'd have gone to meteor 2 months ago if it wasn't for the fact that so many people I know are with 3 already...I'd loose my 3 to 3 minutes. It's obvious why they're being so vaugue with the launch date. If I'd know back then that I'd still be waiting for a launch date in the middle of June(!!!!) I'd have gone with Meteor there and then.
    I may yet!

I'd loose a lot of 3 to 3 minutes and the big thing (huge really) is the inclusive calls used in the UK. Neither Vodafone or O2 do this.

I called them about it again this morning and I was told they were aiming for 1st week in July now! There are 'manufacturing issues' and no one has stock (bs) they say.

It's really pathetic. They can't spin that line about everywhere being out of stock. There's no stock issues with the other networks. We've other boardsies buying them for all the other networks I just don't get how they can't get stock in if Carphone warehouse can. I called 3 customer support and the line they're giving out as of five minutes ago is the 1st week of July.
    I know that 3 will someday sell this phone but it's starting to look like it's not going to be any day soon. The launch date always seems to be 2 to 3 weeks away and the support line staff admit that they never know what phones they'll be getting in in any given week.
    I'm going start from writing this to check out the HTC Desire options on the other networks....can't be that bad and at least they have stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

What I've been told by two different employees (shop floor and telephone CS) is the reason for the delays is that they want to be 150% sure that the software is going to work with their system. They've seen what's happened with the HTC phones on Meteor and worse, had to recall the Nokia X6 and 52somethingsomething last week because those two phones went belly-up shortly after release. This was what moved the Desire relase back from June to July (so they say).

Lad on the phone said Three were in bits worried that the Desire would crash or whatever, and they don't want to take even the tiniest chance because they know how big this phone is and how much it's wanted right now (each CS agent is getting 10+ calls a day about the Desire) and they decided after the Nokia mess to test, test, test again.

It's incredibly aggravating (especially since I've been due an upgrade since February) but you know we'd be bitching 100 times more if they released it and anything went wrong.

microgirl wrote: »
    What I've been told by two different employees (shop floor and telephone CS) is the reason for the delays is that they want to be 150% sure that the software is going to work with their system. They've seen what's happened with the HTC phones on Meteor and worse, had to recall the Nokia X6 and 52somethingsomething last week because those two phones went belly-up shortly after release. This was what moved the Desire relase back from June to July (so they say).

Lad on the phone said Three were in bits worried that the Desire would crash or whatever, and they don't want to take even the tiniest chance because they know how big this phone is and how much it's wanted right now (each CS agent is getting 10+ calls a day about the Desire) and they decided after the Nokia mess to test, test, test again.

It's incredibly aggravating (especially since I've been due an upgrade since February) but you know we'd be bitching 100 times more if they released it and anything went wrong.
    Fair point. Good software that has been delayed is better than receiving bad software quickly. But I'm wondering why, since this phone is based on the well tested HTC Sense + Android 2.1, three's software additions need so much testing. A skype app plus some links to three online...how hard can it be. And I'm assuming here that the skype app will actually be on the Desire..it may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

deadlytea wrote: »
    Fair point. Good software that has been delayed is better than receiving bad software quickly. But I'm wondering why, since this phone is based on the well tested HTC Sense + Android 2.1, three's software additions need so much testing. A skype app plus some links to three online...how hard can it be. And I'm assuming here that the skype app will actually be on the Desire..it may not.

My advice is: buy Iphone 3gs, sell it, get Desire, be happy! By buing Iphone you are getting 1gb alowance. using htc without data alowance is just crazy as this phone downloads a lot of info!It works very well under three - they just telling you cr@p to keep you with them. I managed to install free skype - works good. I just cannot receive free calls. No problem with making free calls using 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

July!!!:eek:
    for the last few weeks it was the out of stock but now all other providers have it available again so the testing 'spin' must have been brought out.

it looks like 3 are running rings around us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Out of stock?? Check ebay, check other websites check other providers...They all have these phones in stock! They just waiting for HTC to drop the price (this is my view anyway). I bought phone on ebay and there was no problem with stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

the iphone 4 coming to 3 uk wonder http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/iphone-4-coming-to-three-uk-pre-orders-starting-june-15/

wonder who will get it 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

ftm2008 wrote: »
    the iphone 4 coming to 3 uk wonder http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/iphone-4-coming-to-three-uk-pre-orders-starting-june-15/

By the time 3 ireland get it the iphone 6 will be out and the htc desire will be 3d :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,144 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ftm2008 wrote: »

I'd say o2, I wonder will Paddy Power take some bests.

At the same time this map on the 3 page does include ireland, it's anyones guess..

20100610-jg9ejf28c3ud3cqp4dx18ix27i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I popped into a 3 store today.

Apparently, staff are been trained by HTC staff on Monday. The phone will either be on sale on Tuesday or Thursday. Apparently.

Fungus wrote: »

Apparently, staff are been trained by HTC staff on Monday. The phone will either be on sale on Tuesday or Thursday. Apparently.
    now you are just playing with us fungus sir

deadlytea wrote: »
    now you are just playing with us fungus sir

He is playing it be July Fo sho!!
    Interesting about there I-Phone map!!

That's not the first time I've heard the "week of the 14th" rumoured as a launch date. I'm not gonna get my hopes up tho.

For anyone who has this already whats it like in your pocket? That was my only worry was a bit big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 3sam

hopefully 3 will have the desire in the next 2 weeks -

what people in this thread are overlooking is long term pricing..

it seems people would rather save 50-100 euro on the initial cost of signing up to a company rather than the long term benefits.

3 have a super edge in the market and will save you ALOT of money in the long run....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 3sam

AFAIK it will not be in store on those days....

whoever told you that should be shot

• Advertisement

They have been putting off the launch for a one day training session with HTC!

You Sir are having a Laugh!

Three must think were duller than dishwater!

I think someone got the nail on the head earlier, they are too tight to pay premium for a premium product to launch. Instead wait for the second tier pricing, fill us up with a fanciful story like above and then launch it!

If I do buy it i wont be paying a premium, let me tell you!

Do you hear me 3?????

Advertisement