Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Or 3 could have been waiting to see if they get the contract for I-Phone 4 and if they do scrap the desire :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 3sam

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Or 3 could have been waiting to see if they get the contract for I-Phone 4 and if they do scrap the desire :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

they are getting both mate

plus, the desire is better than the iphone 4..... and 150 quid cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

3sam wrote: »
    it seems people would rather save 50-100 euro on the initial cost of signing up to a company rather than the long term benefits.

3 have a super edge in the market and will save you ALOT of money in the long run....

3sam...for me, it's not a question of saving money. I'm on the 3 network and so are a lot of people I know. I like the network and I'm happy to stay with them. I'm just really disappointed that not only are they the last of the four networks to get the Desire, they can't even give us a clear launch date.

The staff in store have told me before that when they're told a date for the launch of a phone it's usually 2 weeks earlier....that would be the week of the 14th. With all the anticipation for the Desire on the 3 network I just wish they could be a bit more forthcoming with information.

BTW....is your alias just a coincidence or have you any connection with 3. Just wondering if you might have some extra insight. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 deadlytea

Fungus wrote: »
    I popped into a 3 store today.

Apparently, staff are been trained by HTC staff on Monday. The phone will either be on sale on Tuesday or Thursday. Apparently.
    Which store was it Fungus? Or are you just having a good aul laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

they are getting both mate

plus, the desire is better thanthe iphone 4..... and 150 quid cheaper

How can it be 150 cheaper than ithe Iphone 4 when 3 haven't released prices for either?

Also they haven't offically released the 3gs eventhough they are providing it for upgrades?

So where ya getting those prices?

Or are you just guessing????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 3sam

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    How can it be 150 cheaper than ithe Iphone 4 when 3 haven't released prices for either?

Also they haven't offically released the 3gs eventhough they are providing it for upgrades?

So where ya getting those prices?

Or are you just guessing????

the desire will be 399 as far as i am aware.. the iphone 550

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

hopefully 3 will have the desire in the next 2 weeks -

what people in this thread are overlooking is long term pricing..

it seems people would rather save 50-100 euro on the initial cost of signing up to a company rather than the long term benefits.

3 have a super edge in the market and will save you ALOT of money in the long run....

With all due respect, people in this thread are seeing that they are being strung along constantly by Three and being fed lines of bs. They're not stupid and they're not overlooking anything - some people are just pi**ed off waiting and I don't blame them to be honest. Do you think they want to pay more on other networks!?

Every Three rep that you speak to tells them something different. They must think that people don't share information anymore. They must yearn for the pre-internet days when they could tell everyone a different story and no one would be any the wiser.

Do you work for Three? If you do I can almost guarantee you that I could phone Three today and they will tell me a different release time schedule and pricing to what you've posted here. The company is a black hole of info - if the reps don't know something they should just be told to tell customers that, not string them along.

SteM wrote: »
    if the reps don't know something they should just be told to tell customers that, not string them along.

Couldn't agree more. The disinformation is what's so annoying. Yet as I've said earlier...if they had been up front from the start many of us would have switched networks back then. 3 aren't making friends of their customers!

the desire will be 399 as far as i am aware.. the iphone 550

I presume thats prepay

And pricing on bill pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I presume thats prepay

And pricing on bill pay?

No prices been released yet to stores for the desire, I don't know where he's getting his information from. I'd take it with a pinch of salt, especially the iphone 4 price, 3 haven't even said they will be an official carrier at launch let alone released prices.

• Advertisement

No prices been released yet to stores for the desire, I don't know where he's getting his information from. I'd take it with a pinch of salt, especially the iphone 4 price, 3 haven't even said they will be an official carrier at launch let alone released prices.

I know 3sam is pulling figures from god knows where? But still its worth asking? Maybe?

Anyway 3 have finally come out and said they will be stocking Iphone 4, was on silicon earlier, wheres the linky:

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/16534/comms/vodafone-3-and-o2-confirm-theyll-sell-iphone-4-in-ireland

3store in Tallaght as still saying end of the month or start of July. They're also sticking to the worldwide shortage story.....but thirty steps away O2 are selling it....and Carphone Warehouse....Meteor...and Vodaphone. All under the same roof!!!

raeGten wrote: »
    3store in Tallaght as still saying end of the month or start of July

that's about right, still no prices though.

OK, maybe I spoke too soon.
    So I should start blaming HTC for making such a desirable phone then....

http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/06/htc-desire-still-suffering-from-stock-shortages-sold-out-at-o2/

that's about right, still no prices though.

A lad in the Three store in Grafton Street showed me a pricing list for the phone a few weeks ago.

SteM wrote: »
    A lad in the Three store in Grafton Street showed me a pricing list for the phone a few weeks ago.

Paper never refused ink. The latests prices will be out in the next couple of weeks.

I saw prices in 3 in Tallaght and Dundrum about a month ago....looked at the time like it was going to cost me 79 direct or 99 from the store for the phone on relax 150 for 18 months.
    But how can you believe anything they say.......

Paper never refused ink. The latests prices will be out in the next couple of weeks.

Just saying - there were prices in the stores.

raeGten wrote: »
    I saw prices in 3 in Tallaght and Dundrum about a month ago....looked at the time like it was going to cost me 79 direct or 99 from the store for the phone on relax 150 for 18 months.
    But how can you believe anything they say.......

That's the exact same price I got from the Grafton St branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

deadlytea wrote: »
    Which store was it Fungus? Or are you just having a good aul laugh

Henry Street. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Anyone know whether they'll be doing this on Best of both (preferably "BOB 25")? That would be my ideal price plan. 100 texts/month just isn't enough, and the other networks are quite expensive too. I only go through about €20 a month as it is, with the free texts on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

was in a 3 store this evening and they seem to think it could be out next week ... they had recieved the marketing flyers for it this week and all they are waiting for now is the stock ..he said on of the reps had one on him this week
    did not get an exact date but he did call someone while i was there who also thinks it could be next week so who knows.

anyway the flyer had the following prices
    from 79 for bill pay
    349 best of both
    399 PAYG

ftm2008 wrote: »
    was in a 3 store this evening and they seem to think it could be out next week ... they had recieved the marketing flyers for it this week and all they are waiting for now is the stock ..he said on of the reps had one on him this week
    did not get an exact date but he did call someone while i was there who also thinks it could be next week so who knows.

anyway the flyer had the following prices
    from 79 for bill pay
    349 best of both
    399 PAYG

Jesus if its €79 on Relax 950 for 18 month contract, then they can forget it!

Way off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 deadlytea

Jesus if its €79 on Relax 950 for 18 month contract, then they can forget it!

Way off!
    I seen the price list a few weeks back at the Grafton Street branch and it was €99 for relax 150 i think for 18 months. It certainly looked reasonable enough. The PAYG price is €399 (x10 is €549 in store) so using that as a base price then the 18 month tariffs shouldn't be too bad. It's a phone in demand but, hey, Three also need to compete with other networks too.

deadlytea wrote: »
    I seen the price list a few weeks back at the Grafton Street branch and it was €99 for relax 150 i think for 18 months. It certainly looked reasonable enough. The PAYG price is €399 (x10 is €549 in store) so using that as a base price then the 18 month tariffs shouldn't be too bad

Yeah, but that's e30pm + e10pm if you want the 1gb data package

Relax 150 - 40 * 18 + 99 = e819.
    150 units to be split amongst text and calls. They give you an extra 150 units per month for the first 6 months.

Meteor Smart (12m contract) - 35 * 12 + 169 = e589.
    Meteor Smart (18m contract) - 30 * 18 + 169 = e709.
    200 minutes + 200 text + 1gb data.

I'm thinking Meteor on a 12 month contract is the way to go and they have stock online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

They have it listed in carphone warehouse from €79 pay monthly and €399 pay as you go.

Meteor have them back in stock online now but have up "While stocks last"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

id imagine you'd get the 1gb download add on for a free when you get the desire

as i got the iphone off them earlier this week and they give you the 1gb download for free with that

I dont really make much calls so im gonna try get as much text and net in a package :D:D

• Advertisement

So the 3 store in Tallaght told me today that the Desire has been pushed back to MID JULY!!! This weeks story is that the Desire has been recalled. Apparently it can't be found anywhere on the island. I was told that to my face by two staff members.

After they finished spinning their yarns I walked around the corner to the Meteor store who still had stock and were expecting more stock early in the week. Needless to say when I asked about the product recall they said they'd heard nothing. Though they added that they had heard that the Desire software was clashing with the 3 network (I don't know how true that is but I suppose if any network knows about android software bugging out on a network it would be Meteor).

Just thought I'd save you all a trip to a 3 store or the cost of a call to customer service and post the latest steaming pile of BS from 3 straight to Boards.

Enjoy!

Advertisement