Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

If they leave it too long I may just skip the Desire and go for a different phone altogether. The market moves so quickly that it only takes three or four months for the next greatest thing to come along. Even a phone as good as the Desire can be overshadowed by an Evo.
    If it happens that the Evo launch is announced for Vodafone and I'm still waiting on Three to launch the Desire.....Bye bye Three!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Why would three want to break the Desire by putting their crapware on it? Look at how well that worked out for AT&T with the Moto Backflip.

Leave well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Baza210 wrote: »
    Why would three want to break the Desire by putting their crapware on it? Look at how well that worked out for AT&T with the Moto Backflip.

Leave well enough alone.

Well 3 Skype is pretty good seeing as it uses normal GSM calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Got pissed off waiting and bought a nexus one off of the ebay. with a bit of luck they'll release the desire unlocked without custom software and i'll be able to sell it and get some of the money i spent on the nexus one back!

Just checked the Three site again and the Desires not on it any more.....hopefully it just means they're getting ready to launch. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Rang today about an upgrade and was told that it would be available from Wed next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 deadlytea

Rang today about an upgrade and was told that it would be available from Wed next week.
    Lets hope so folks. Bring it on. We'll be complaining that it doesn't have Android 2.2 next but sure we'll never be happy :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Are ya due an upgrade? Or chancing your arm? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Are ya due an upgrade? Or chancing your arm? ;)

Due an upgrade since Oct/Nov last but their phone selection has been more than p*ss poor.

Hmm, whats the going discount for another 12 month contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

I officially hate three CS... I am waiting for iphone since friday...they are so unprofessional, honestly I prefer old style CS...Last year with them, that is for sure, I need to stay with them as I already upgraded with wife's phone - that was a mistake :(
    Three - JUST TELL US THAT U DO NOT HAVE THESE PHONES AVAILABLE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

i hope this time they stick to their word

Presumably if it's Wednesday week for customer service then the stores will have them a day or two after? I know it's cheaper to buy online by 20 euro and I'd have it sooner but the support I get from the staff in the store is essential considering how bad the online and phone support is. Great network but their phone range and customer support really lets them down at time.
    Anyway, fingers crossed the launch date stays next Wednesday!!!

Just got a call from Three Customer Service. Apparently the dates been pushed back yet again. The story is that they can't get the stock in (maybe because all the other operators are selling them before they even hit their shelves?....) and their suppliers say it'll be the end of June now.
    The rep that called me did say that in the past when they're given these dates from their suppliers they usually get the stock in a couple of weeks earlier so he reckoned maybe mid-June. But do ye know what?....I doubt it. I'm thinking at this rate they'll be lucky to have it by the end of July.
    How's the new iPhone looking now...or the HTC Evo or HTC Vision. Might as well set our sights on the next big thing coz it doesn't look like Three are ever gonna get the Desire in!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

raeGten wrote: »
    Just got a call from Three Customer Service. Apparently the dates been pushed back yet again. The story is that they can't get the stock in (maybe because all the other operators are selling them before they even hit their shelves?....) and their suppliers say it'll be the end of June now.
    The rep that called me did say that in the past when they're given these dates from their suppliers they usually get the stock in a couple of weeks earlier so he reckoned maybe mid-June. But do ye know what?....I doubt it. I'm thinking at this rate they'll be lucky to have it by the end of July.
    How's the new iPhone looking now...or the HTC Evo or HTC Vision. Might as well set our sights on the next big thing coz it doesn't look like Three are ever gonna get the Desire in!
    Got a similar call today from 3. I was given double my units from next bill date (two weeks time) and was told I'd receive a call when in stock in June. As far as I know it's out of stock on some of the other networks

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

iwo wrote: »
    Three - JUST TELL US THAT U DO NOT HAVE THESE PHONES AVAILABLE!!

Let me quote myself - Thank you three for clarification...no more comment required, it is just sad.

I was in the three shop on grafton st today and they said they were expecting it this week but is delayed by a couple of weeks (read: not sure when its arriving).

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Just logged into three.ie and now they have removed the HTC Desire (Coming Soon) entry from their phone list.

leahcim wrote: »
    Just logged into three.ie and now they have removed the HTC Desire (Coming Soon) entry from their phone list.
    The HTC Desire wasn't there yesterday either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Nobody has it as far as I can make out. Meteor's website also has it listed as out of stock and I rang a few Metoer stores and CarphoneWarehouse around the midlands and none of them have it either. A date of June 15th was when they reckoned it would be back in stock.

It's good to see it selling so well....but It's shocking the way companies can underestimate the demand for their products when they launch. Like Sony with their PS3 or Apple with the iPad recently. The cynical side of me thinks it's just marketing.
    Anyway, another mark on the calendar then...June 15th?....Think I'll spare the red marker and use the pencil instead this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Just got a call a few minutes ago from Three CS to say that they hope to have stock the week of June 14th. He mentioned that it was out of stock everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Gings

SteM wrote: »
    Just got a call a few minutes ago from Three CS to say that they hope to have stock the week of June 14th. He mentioned that it was out of stock everywhere.

I have been getting similar "it will be out next week" or "Monday week" repeatedly now, EVERY week for the past month. I think its just CS trying to keep you hoping and waiting.

I have been patiently waiting, but its got to be a bit of a joke by now. My contact has been up since Feb and I've been waiting for 3 to come true with their promises, but alas I must jump ship to another provider. 3 are ALWAYS last with the latest technology, either because they don’t pay for the early releases like (O2), or their marketing department have their heads buried in the sand.

Either way, I’ve had enough of their false advertising and am on my way to O2 to sit and wait on the next 4G and or android 2.2 handset to come along. The desire will be outdated by the time 3 get to selling it and they are sure to be behind on ALL releases in the future. Curses on you 3!!!! and future curses on you O2!!!!! for you expensive NI roaming charges that I'll have to be dealing with because 3's broken promises. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Gings wrote: »
    I have been getting similar "it will be out next week" or "Monday week" repeatedly now, EVERY week for the past month. I think its just CS trying to keep you hoping and waiting.

I have been patiently waiting, but its got to be a bit of a joke by now. My contact has been up since Feb and I've been waiting for 3 to come true with their promises, but alas I must jump ship to another provider. 3 are ALWAYS last with the latest technology, either because they don’t pay for the early releases like (O2), or their marketing department have their heads buried in the sand.

Either way, I’ve had enough of their false advertising and am on my way to O2 to sit and wait on the next 4G and or android 2.2 handset to come along. The desire will be outdated by the time 3 get to selling it and they are sure to be behind on ALL releases in the future. Curses on you 3!!!! and future curses on you O2!!!!! for you expensive NI roaming charges that I'll have to be dealing with because 3's broken promises. :mad:

It's a stupid situation alright.

When he said to me that it would be the 14th I told him that I might just move to another provider (my contract is up today) to get the phone quicker, he said that he'd give me a month free if I wanted to wait so I said okay. If it's still not out on 3 by the end of my free month I'll move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Pretty nice but I think I'll wait for the dell lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

saw a flyer from three today with the desire and Sony Vivaz together advertising it with the relax 350 plan 18 month,,,it describes it as a 'free phone like the Sony Ericcson Vivaz' ,,,, well if they do ever get it tarriffs look to be the same as the Vivaz ,,, still has coming soon icon :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

What are peoples opinions of the Sony Xperia X10 as a worthy substitute for the Desire, since its never coming out?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Heard it had problems with input. It is still on 1.6. It is very expensive.

Otherwise it looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Personally I wouldn't buy the X10 because I haven't seen evidence that Sony Ericsson have a clue what they're doing since they released the K800i.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Baza210 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't buy the X10 because I haven't seen evidence that Sony Ericsson have a clue what they're doing since they released the K800i.
    K800i is the phone I used for 4 years before switching to the Desire (Vodafone). From the research I done the only thing better about the X10 is that it has a slightly better camera.

I'm impressed with the camera on the Desire though and this is coming from someone that refused to get a new phone because I couldn't find a camera as fast to start and as good as the K800's on anything else.

• Advertisement

I was in Carphone Warehouse in Nutgrove yesterday and they have the desire available on O2 Vodafone and Meteor. I can just walk in, sign up and walk away with the phone on a new network! How could Three have messed up so badly on underestimating the demand for this phone?

Advertisement