Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    No its up on the site

Clear your cache maybe?
    i can see it now
    but the link is not working yet

man i can't wait to get this beast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

So the best Value is Relax 90 over 18 months? Weird

Or is that a false economy? How much data would you use in an average month?

But that is the point of the table. Figure out your monthly usage and then compare total phone costs across the different providers for that usage.

Rang 3 CS, and it will be available to order in 1st week June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Assuming it is going to be the same as the SE Vivaz, this would give it the following cost

12 Month contract
    Relax 90 €279
    Relax 150 €249
    Relax 350 €229
    Relax 650 €199
    Relax 950 €179

18 Month contract
    Relax 90 €99
    Relax 150 €79
    Relax 350 Free
    Relax 650 Free
    Relax 950 Free

Based on a spreadsheet I did up, it looks like I will be going to Meteor.
    Provider|Bundle|Included Mins|Included Texts|Included Data|Phone Cost|Monthly Cost|Contract Length|Total phone cost
    Meteor|Smart 30|200|200|1Gb|€ 159.99|€ 30.00|18|€ 699.99
    |Smart 35|200|200|1Gb|€ 159.99|€ 35.00|12|€ 579.99
    |Smart 50|400|400|2Gb|€ 139.99|€ 50.00|18|€ 1,039.99
    |Smart unlimited||||€ 85.00|€ 85.00|18|€ 1,615.00
    3|Relax 90||||€ 279.00|€ 19.00|12|€ 507.00
    |Relax 150||||€ 249.00|€ 29.00|12|€ 597.00
    |Relax 350||||€ 229.00|€ 49.00|12|€ 817.00
    |Relax 650||||€ 199.00|€ 79.00|12|€ 1,147.00
    |Relax 950||||€ 179.00|€ 99.00|12|€ 1,367.00
    3|Relax 90||||€ 99.00|€ 19.00|18|€ 441.00
    |Relax 150||||€ 79.00|€ 29.00|18|€ 601.00
    |Relax 350||||€ 0.00|€ 49.00|18|€ 882.00
    |Relax 650||||€ 0.00|€ 79.00|18|€ 1,422.00
    |Relax 950||||€ 0.00|€ 99.00|18|€ 1,782.00
    Vodafone|Perfect Choice access plus|0|0|2Gb|€ 179.99|€ 35.00|18|€ 809.99
    |Perfect Choice access plus 150|150|150|2Gb|€ 179.99|€ 45.00|18|€ 989.99
    |Perfect Choice access plus 300|300|300|2Gb|€ 159.99|€ 60.00|18|€ 1,239.99
    |Perfect Choice access plus 500|500|500|2Gb|€ 139.99|€ 80.00|18|€ 1,579.99
    |Perfect Choice access plus 700|700|700|2Gb|€ 119.99|€ 99.99|18|€ 1,919.81

The phone will be more than €79.00 on an 18 month contract on R150 according to one of the sales staff I spoke to last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

SteM wrote: »
    The phone will be more than €79.00 on an 18 month contract on R150 according to one of the sales staff I spoke to last week.

There is a difference between online and instore costs, probably about €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Might switch to 3pay for the Desire. Just wondering if they'll brand the phone in anyway, also if its unlocked as I'm moving to Canada in october and wouldn't like to have to get rid of it.

• Advertisement

Dacelonid wrote: »
    There is a difference between online and instore costs, probably about €20.

Maybe, we'll see soon enough. €99 instore on R150 according to a sales man I spoke to in Grafton St yesterday but a CS team member that I spoke to last week said it would be €159 on R150 online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

SteM wrote: »
    Maybe, we'll see soon enough. €99 instore on R150 according to a sales man I spoke to in Grafton St yesterday but a CS team member that I spoke to last week said it would be €159 on R150 online!

If we assume that it will be the same as the Sony Vivaz then the following applies for 12 & 18 month contracts.

http://www.three.ie/shop/sony-ericsson-vivaz-black-relax950-18.htm

Plus I think we actually know more than they do in store ;)

I wouldn't argue with you about that - although the lad instore did show me the pricing sheet at it definitely said €99 at R150 for 18 months - not available for 12 months.

Just wish they'd hurry up and release the bloody thing while I still have a bit of money to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

If we assume that it will be the same as the Sony Vivaz then the following applies for 12 & 18 month contracts.

http://www.three.ie/shop/sony-ericsson-vivaz-black-relax950-18.htm

:) It's probably more likely that it will be like the Sony X10, with a min 18-month contract and 279 for Relax 90.

I'm probably going to sign up with Meteor and get the Desire.

ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 deadlytea

Any of the 3 shops gonna have them in next week per chance?!

• Advertisement

Page is now back to coming soon??

WTF!!

Whats going on? Someone made a mistake??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

i called 1913 today and they told me, the phone won't be available till July
    :mad:

It's hard to know what to believe. I went into one of the 3 shops and asked a guy about the phone a while back and he said they weren't bringing out the HTC Desire and 2 days later it was on the web site as 'coming soon'. I suspect that most of the call centres & shops are told nothing. I'd say you know we know as much (if not more :) ) than most of them.

deadlytea wrote: »
    It's hard to know what to believe. I went into one of the 3 shops and asked a guy about the phone a while back and he said they weren't bringing out the HTC Desire and 2 days later it was on the web site as 'coming soon'. I suspect that most of the call centres & shops are told nothing. I'd say you know we know as much (if not more :) ) than most of them.

Agreed

I'd go here for Info before call center and never from a shop! Unbelieveable!

More New phones out:

Blackberry Bold 9700

Nokia N72

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

big steaming pile of three.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

supaburger wrote: »
    i called 1913 today and they told me, the phone won't be available till July
    :mad:
    Yeah phoned them and spoke to upgrades guy who said the same...Was previously told may 17th... O2 getting them but no date there either....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Loggie wrote: »
    Yeah phoned them and spoke to upgrades guy who said the same...Was previously told may 17th... O2 getting them but no date there either....

Yes, Three upgrades told me the same May 17th, Got excited on that day but it soon passed as I got no call to arrange my upgrade. :(

To hear July mentioned is really surprising :confused:

Won't the phone be half way through its life and on its way to obsolescence? only to be replaced with HTC or someone else's, Desire beater.

The only thing holding me back from switching to O2 is that I would have to buy out of my Three contract. hmmmmm if the final release on three keeps on being set back then this may become a realistic option as I believe you can get it for free signing up to O2 on a E50 a month contract porbably 18 months.

I'm off to find out how much it would be to buy out and see if that adds up to the price I was offered as an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Clone wrote: »
    Yes, Three upgrades told me the same May 17th, Got excited on that day but it soon passed as I got no call to arrange my upgrade. :(

To hear July mentioned is really surprising :confused:

Won't the phone be half way through its life and on its way to obsolescence? only to be replaced with HTC or someone else's, Desire beater.

The only thing holding me back from switching to O2 is that I would have to buy out of my Three contract. hmmmmm if the final release on three keeps on being set back then this may become a realistic option as I believe you can get it for free signing up to O2 on a E50 a month contract porbably 18 months.

I'm off to find out how much it would be to buy out and see if that adds up to the price I was offered as an upgrade.

im not waiting until july for it to come to 3

im gonna ring 1913 later and try to get an iphone, if they dont give me one, ill go to O2

too much waiting imo

just get the bloody phones out already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

3 told me today that it will be in stores in June 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Fungus wrote: »
    3 told me today that it will be in stores in June 7th.

That's the same day that the 4th gen iPhone will be announced

• Advertisement

unless that has better specs - doubt it as keyboard takes space its no desire ''killer''.

Anyway unless HTC or others release a Evo type device I dont see a better phone coming for a while at least one that will make the desire look really bad at least for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Agreed, that the HTC Vision is not a HTC Desire rival.

However, I would guess that HTC will have a European version of the HTC Evo out sometime this year.

And it will be next year till irish networks bring it out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Back on Topic!

Three your mind.... join Meteor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

unless that has better specs - doubt it as keyboard takes space its no desire ''killer''.

Anyway unless HTC or others release a Evo type device I dont see a better phone coming for a while at least one that will make the desire look really bad at least for a year or two.

I would agree too, my annoyance and pessimism got the better of me.
    I'll delete that post.

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

I spoke with one of the sales team in my local store today and he said that Three are trying to decide whether to release the phone as is or with custom Three software. Without would mean a launch at the start of June...with would delay it by a week or more.
    I'm seriously fine with them leaving off the Three logo is it means I get the phone at the start of June.

raeGten wrote: »
    I spoke with one of the sales team in my local store today and he said that Three are trying to decide whether to release the phone as is or with custom Three software. Without would mean a launch at the start of June...with would delay it by a week or more.
    I'm seriously fine with them leaving off the Three logo is it means I get the phone at the start of June.
    When launching a phone they've got two choices; release with 3 software or not. How many meetings do they need to have to figure that one out. With Android it's surely easier. They've already got the Spica and x10 out there. hmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

I'd really appreciate a launch date that at least stays fixed. They seem to think the launch is always two weeks away. I fell like I'm being strung along. If it wasn't for the fact that so many people I know are with Three I probably have switched over to meteor when they launched it last month. Tho maybe I'd have regretted it once I tried using the phone on their network(?).

raeGten wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate a launch date that at least stays fixed. They seem to think the launch is always two weeks away. I fell like I'm being strung along. If it wasn't for the fact that so many people I know are with Three I probably have switched over to meteor when they launched it last month. Tho maybe I'd have regretted it once I tried using the phone on their network(?).
    Anyone ever seen a 3 representative reply to a message on boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I really want the Desire... all these delays are getting annoying. I'm tempted to go with Meteor but I'm British and go back home a fair bit so 3 are the sensible choice.

Advertisement