Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Its just alcohol thats not being sold, and I doubt its a new law, he just said something came up and we only found out about it today.

Well, i'm on food prep and we were all told that no food was being served so we were'nt needed. I was just lucky because one of the girls on the cashier couldn't work tomorrow so i'm replacing here. Ciarán told us last saturday that both food and alcohol weren't being sold.

They would never have a law prohibiting the sale of alcohol in Ireland

You might want to check out the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2003 and 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Hi. A mate of mine has been accepted to work tomorrow. Anyone know what time he should be there for and where he should go. Sorry if I'm being too vague. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 sin-blu

anyone got any idea what time people in premium bars are starting at today?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

sin-blu wrote: »
    anyone got any idea what time people in premium bars are starting at today?

I know most people have been told around 5.15 so i would assume around then!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 NinjaStudent

are people still getting blank payslips or is it just me, was hoping for a bit of money in it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thebox

was anyone contacted yet to whether they were avaiable to work on the 11
    Thanks

thebox wrote: »
    was anyone contacted yet to whether they were avaiable to work on the 11
    Thanks

Haven't been contacted but I was asked last Wednesday when i handed in my job card if I was available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

ye same.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

do you still have to wait for the text message though to confirm you will be in.

I'm assuming we will get a call mon or Tues!

• Advertisement

doubt theyll be selling alcohol at this soccer game like and id say alcohol employs a lot of people(pourers/runners) so id say der will be like a bit of a shortage of jobs for ireland vs argentina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

No drink on sale on Wednesday. Always amazed at this. Beer for sale at Rugby Internationals but not for Soccer Internationals. Is this not Blatent discremination?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 brian_dub

Are they still looking for staff??? Would love to work there!

no there not employing at the moment

are you sure theres a ban on beer sales cause every game in croker there was beer on sale at irish soccer games

doctorwu wrote: »
    No drink on sale on Wednesday. Always amazed at this. Beer for sale at Rugby Internationals but not for Soccer Internationals. Is this not Blatent discremination?.

Afaik it's an FAI rule and not an Aviva rule so don't blame the stadium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Afaik it's an FAI rule and not an Aviva rule so don't blame the stadium!

I was told at the rugby match there was going to be no alcohol served for the utd game but one of my mates was there and he said they were all serving drink.... place was packed because they didnt have enough staff....
    ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Noodles5 wrote: »
    I was told at the rugby match there was going to be no alcohol served for the utd game but one of my mates was there and he said they were all serving drink.... place was packed because they didnt have enough staff....
    ?????
    Yeah was told there would be no drink sold, packed away all the drink come in the next day get told to unpack all the drink, leaving us a shortage of staff

Yeah was told there would be no drink sold, packed away all the drink come in the next day get told to unpack all the drink, leaving us a shortage of staff

Yea we were told that too!

Was then told when I asked that from THIS week there will be no drink served!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 flightlessbird

Has anyone been called or emailed about Wednesday yet? I've heard literally nothing. They didn't even ask me whether I was available on the 31st, and they didn't call me in for the 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Anyone know why Stewards have to go in for 2.30pm on Wed?
    Got text on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got my job card in the post this morning.

same

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

dubscottie wrote: »
    Anyone know why Stewards have to go in for 2.30pm on Wed?
    Got text on Saturday night.

I thought all steward communication was solely to be done via email?
    I didnt get no txt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

I thought all steward communication was solely to be done via email?
    I didnt get no txt...

My supervisor got a text from his boss telling him that we were to report for 2.30 and he passed it on to us. Could just be us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anyone else still waiting to get paid. Worked 3 matches so far. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Just got my job card for the 7th this afternoon. It says that i've to confirm by post or email that i can work. Anyone know what the email address is?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

Does anyone know if the company's VAT registration number is the same as the PAYE registration number that you need for the 12a form? cheers

smndly wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the company's VAT registration number is the same as the PAYE registration number that you need for the 12a form? cheers

Could someone PM that number actually please! Need to sort out my taxes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just got my job card for the 7th this afternoon. It says that i've to confirm by post or email that i can work. Anyone know what the email address is?

The one I receive from and reply to is

stewards@avivastadium.ie

Advertisement