Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

where do i apply?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It may be too late, had the interview last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

if there is still a posibility, where did you apply and what roles are they recruiting for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I found the link on boards actually, have a look around for it, sorry dont have the link.

They had said they were looking to recruit around 2000 people for it, so id say they are still taking applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

where do i apply?

Best to get setup with an AIL club and then get yourself a provincial contract. Keep performing at that level and you could get a good few days work in the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Dec0512

Hello people, went for an interview in the aviva got back an email with an invite to an induction?anyone know what this means?Have i got the job or where do i stand? any information would be really appreciated,thanks.

They're hardly going to induct you and then not give you the job...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Same here, have to go for training on the 15th, asks for bank details PPS no. etc so presume it's a good thing!

Yep, same as myself, have an exam on the 15th so cant go, but will be going to the next induction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GalwaySeller

Whats the job title/duties exactly?

• Advertisement

Stadium Steward, so you could be inside the ground, in the beer/food area and or outside the ground, basically managing the area you're in to make sure there are no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got an email back, interview on Tuesday.
    Helimachoptor, what type of stuff did they ask you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

kateos2 wrote: »
    Basically it's a group interview where you've to talk for two minutes about yourself, mentioning one good experience you've had either working as or dealing with a Steward at a sporting event and also one poor experience. Try sell yourself also, mentioning how you can travel to the stadium etc.
    I was one of the first people to speak when I went so didn't think I did as well as I could have but got the call back anyway.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Basically it's a group interview where you've to talk for two minutes about yourself, mentioning one good experience you've had either working as or dealing with a Steward at a sporting event and also one poor experience. Try sell yourself also, mentioning how you can travel to the stadium etc.
    I was one of the first people to speak when I went so didn't think I did as well as I could have but got the call back anyway.

Ah that doesn't seem too bad thanks. Fingers crossed anyway. :)

kateos2 wrote: »
    Simona1986 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Whatever you do, don't curse and also dont say how you always go to matches so a job in the Aviva is a way to get to go to matches without paying, some people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

awww i really wanted to experience working at the aviva :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 flightlessbird

I have an interview for working in the kiosk on Tuesday.
    Can anyone tell me what I am to expect?

I read above that they are group interviews. How big are these groups?
    Also, I recommend others keep applying, i mean I thought there was no hope when I applied just a couple of weeks ago, so they obviously haven't filled all the vacancies yet... :)

I did my interview for waitressing with compass catering, it was an individual interview for it.

Thanks. Did you get the job? :)

I know it's not really gonna be the same kinda questions, but what was the interview like?

Yeah I did. As far as I know most of the contracts are casual.

Pretty much just a standard interview, asking what I thought was important in customer service, what dealing with someone in customer service should be like. Nothing too strange.
    It wasn't overly formal or anything.

• Advertisement

Deadly. And how long did it take for them to get back to you? (Sorry about all the questions. Last one, I swear :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shotbyagun

i applied for a few of the positions (waiter, kiosk) and i'm not exactly sure which one i'm going to be interviewed for..i just got an email with an interview invitation but it doesn't mention which position its for does it matter if i don' know beforehand which one it is? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rorymcn

I have an interview for working in the kiosk on Tuesday.
    Can anyone tell me what I am to expect?

I read above that they are group interviews. How big are these groups?
    Also, I recommend others keep applying, i mean I thought there was no hope when I applied just a couple of weeks ago, so they obviously haven't filled all the vacancies yet... :)

I had an interview on Tuesday as well and was pretty sure I had it in the bag, but no word yet :mad: Did you get news?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AnomAli

I have an interview for a job in the stadium as bar staff next week.

Is there anything I need to bring with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rorymcn

No, you don't need anything, pretty bog-standard interview. Got an email yesterday about the induction - delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

Hi all,
    I have an interview in the aviva this week. I was hoping you might be able to help me with the interview. I haven’t really had a formal interview before. What questions did they ask in the interview?. What was the format of the interview... if it is one of the group interviews where you speak for 2 mins should I just speak about my previous work experiences or what should I talk about. I’m just really nervous about it. Any advice or information you have would be really appreciated,
    Many Thanks,:)
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

What is involved in the induction? and how long does it take?

missed interview :( freaked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

missed interview :( freaked

how did you miss it?

• Advertisement

checked my emails everyday but never appeared in inbox. then i typed 'aviva' into hotmail search nd i saw the email...gutted rly wanted the job.

Advertisement