Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

yea got that email as well... did you get paid yet for the world cup gig? still waiting here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

Got paid last Saturday. Payments are paid in different batches. You should be paid soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

After getting a text telling me to ring them about work on the 31st and 4th I did. Left details on the answering machine, no word back :( don't think I'll be working. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

ok so im supposably working 2moro. eh should i bring my p45 with me from previous job ye? also i'm working as runner anyone know what that will involve? anyone else working as that. it says my area of work is south west bar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

ok so im supposably working 2moro. eh should i bring my p45 with me from previous job ye? also i'm working as runner anyone know what that will involve? anyone else working as that. it says my area of work is south west bar.

I applied for Kiosk and I got runner as well. Working in one of the food stands on the 5th floor!

Would also like to know about the p45 situation!

• Advertisement

id say we do just hand it to supervisor like. what else do we have to bring with us. i collected a sheet today at the aviva with a supervisor event control record chart so i presume i bring that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Anyone else working in the bar tomorrow?!

id say we do just hand it to supervisor like. what else do we have to bring with us. i collected a sheet today at the aviva with a supervisor event control record chart so i presume i bring that.

Thats not like the thing on the back of the work card is it?

Was working today so couldn't head up to the Stadium. What was actually on today?

i didnt actually go to it but it was like a thing to familarise people with checkin in and stuff. ye i think it is the work card

i didnt actually go to it but it was like a thing to familarise people with checkin in and stuff. ye i think it is the work card

So nothing too essential then?

• Advertisement

nah it mentions on a sheet i got with that work card that like it would only last like 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

After the last one, they were collecting P45's just after you collected your bags and handed in your job cards.

Noodles5: I'm working the bar tomorrow, did it last time too if you've any questions.

Does anyone reckon black skinny jeans that don't really look like jeans would be alright tomorrow or should I just get my hands on some trousers!

My plan was to wear the jeans and ask about them when i get in and throw the trousers on if necessary!

Does anyone reckon black skinny jeans that don't really look like jeans would be alright tomorrow or should I just get my hands on some trousers!

My plan was to wear the jeans and ask about them when i get in and throw the trousers on if necessary!

Last time they were pretty strict about clothes, I saw a guy being given out to for having a t shirt visible under his t shirt they'd given him, so I'd say go with trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

kateos2 wrote: »
    After the last one, they were collecting P45's just after you collected your bags and handed in your job cards.

Noodles5: I'm working the bar tomorrow, did it last time too if you've any questions.

Cool thanks!
    It just says on my job card that i'm down for pouring... Shouldn't be too bad! I'm gonna head in early cause I've no idea where to go!

Last time they were pretty strict about clothes, I saw a guy being given out to for having a t shirt visible under his t shirt they'd given him, so I'd say go with trousers.

Damn. really can't stand these trousers! :D When you say strict did they check everyone? i'm not looking for ways out, just curious!

Damn. really can't stand these trousers! :D When you say strict did they check everyone? i'm not looking for ways out, just curious!

Nah not really, the main HR guy just came over to our bar, so might have been that. I didn't see anyone in jeans, everyone was wearing trousers by the looks of things.
    Noodles5 wrote: »
    Cool thanks!
    It just says on my job card that i'm down for pouring... Shouldn't be too bad! I'm gonna head in early cause I've no idea where to go!

That's what I'm on, the fast pour taps are simple to use. There's people around to help (there should be anyway). If you're coming out of the dart station turn left and it's the entrance just before the tracks, that's where you sign in and get your uniform. Then say you're on bar 520, it's on the 5th floor and there's signs once you get up to direct you, they basically go by seats.

Nah not really, the main HR guy just came over to our bar, so might have been that. I didn't see anyone in jeans, everyone was wearing trousers by the looks of things.

I shall stick with trousers then! I'll look even worse if I'm the odd one out! Thanks! Just wanted to see if it was worth a try! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Hey. I've gotten a few payslips from the aviva so far. Maybe 4 or 5. The first 2 had tax basis E on them. I guess that means emergency tax. My tax credits were 0. All numbers on it were 0. Called up tax office, they sent on my certificate of tax credits to the aviva. The last 3 payslips had tax basis N on them, tax credits weren't 0 had the correct weekly tax credits etc. Am I correct in assuming I am no longer being emergency taxed and don't have to give a p45 to the aviva now. Sorry for the long post just wanted to see what this whole tax basis thing means. Thanks :)

conbob wrote: »
    Hey. I've gotten a few payslips from the aviva so far. Maybe 4 or 5. The first 2 had tax basis E on them. I guess that means emergency tax. My tax credits were 0. All numbers on it were 0. Called up tax office, they sent on my certificate of tax credits to the aviva. The last 3 payslips had tax basis N on them, tax credits weren't 0 had the correct weekly tax credits etc. Am I correct in assuming I am no longer being emergency taxed and don't have to give a p45 to the aviva now. Sorry for the long post just wanted to see what this whole tax basis thing means. Thanks :)

Speaking of tax. Does anyone know what the situation with tax is if Aviva is my second job? Do I just call up the tax office to sort that out and will I be fully taxed on that job then?

Both my jobs are only part time and the other one is minimum wage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 McGrear

Does anyone know what the story is with working on Wednesday (the 4th)? I had told them I unavailable to work last Saturday but I was available for the next two dates but I haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

McGrear wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with working on Wednesday (the 4th)? I had told them I unavailable to work last Saturday but I was available for the next two dates but I haven't heard anything since.

I'd advise you to hold on there! I was working there last saturday and was only given my job card and details on the friday!

Cashiers were all given job cards on Saturday, the rest of us were told to ring today or tomorrow. I rang this morning and was told they were sorting it out and would be calling people today.

ye guys they are not selling alcohol on wed so i doubt they will need the same ammoutn of people like

ye guys they are not selling alcohol on wed so i doubt they will need the same ammoutn of people like

Really? How do you know that? I wonder why they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Really? How do you know that? I wonder why they're not.

Yes that's true. Ciarán told us on saturday that they won't be serving any food or alcohol. Something to do with a new law that prohibits the sale of alcohol at sporting events after a certain time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Monkey09 wrote: »
    Yes that's true. Ciarán told us on saturday that they won't be serving any food or alcohol. Something to do with a new law that prohibits the sale of alcohol at sporting events after a certain time.
    Its just alcohol thats not being sold, and I doubt its a new law, he just said something came up and we only found out about it today.

They would never have a law prohibiting the sale of alcohol in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

well they do for paddys day, and for good friday and xmas day

ok guys i need to go to aviva to collect the job card thing where abouts do i get it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 McGrear

So I still hadn't heard anything from them about working tomorrow but I gave the Aviva a call earlier to try and find out what was up. They told me there was no job card at the stadium for me to be picked up for tomorrow (this was the first I'd heard about the card having to be picked up) but they took my number and told me they'd get someone to call me back. Obviously I'm not even hopeful of someone getting back to me about tomorrow at this late stage but I was thinking I'd head over anyway on the off chance I could work it?

It's a pain!

Advertisement