Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Noodles5 wrote: »
    Hiya guys, have an interview for bar staff tomorrow. Is that a group interview as well? Not sure what to expect! Also is there many hours for those who have the job? Is there hours every week or every other week?

Thanks!

Just when the events are on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Cool thanks! Is it a group interview for bar staff too dya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Nope, its just one on one, its really short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

Some people who have not been paid there money yet should recieve their money by next Monday. I was working there on World Cup Final day. Some stewards who had not been paid told me they e mailed and rang and were told the money is paid in batches could take 2-3 weeks. Hopefully this arrangement will sharper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Some people who have not been paid there money yet should recieve their money by next Monday. I was working there on World Cup Final day. Some stewards who had not been paid told me they e mailed and rang and were told the money is paid in batches could take 2-3 weeks. Hopefully this arrangement will sharper.

This is shocking, Employees should know when they are going to get paid.

I was working the world cup day also in a kiosk. Payroll should have ran this week and I expect to get paid for it next Wednesday or Thursday, at least that's my understanding of how it works.

Does anyone know how much a Team Leader gets paid?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Havent been paid yet, so now i;m waiting on induction, family day and WC final day, so a nice bit of money when it finally comes through :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

Has anyone working as bar staff/ kiosk received information about working for next few matches like the united game in August. I've had the interview and induction but have heard nothing from them since???

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Asked me if I was free on the 31st July and the 4th August but I don't know what's on on those days.

Slippers 2 wrote: »
    Asked me if I was free on the 31st July and the 4th August but I don't know what's on on those days.
    31st is the inter-provincial rugby Leinster/Ulster Vs Connact/Munster
    4th is Airtricity 11 Vs Man U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shotbyagun

I rang yesterday and i was told they'd be ringing people about there availability yesterday and today for the next event.. haven't heard anything from them :confused:

oh yeah i had my induction a few weeks ago but i missed their call about working on July 11th and couldnt get through to them until yesterday. I hope they don't think i'm not interested anymore :(
    anyway whats the situation about training do they just tell you what to do before each event or whats the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I got a text today, asking to ring if I was available. Rang and am booked in for both days I think. Job card will be sent out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

anyway whats the situation about training do they just tell you what to do before each event or whats the story?

You'll be shown on the day what to do.

I've been offered a Team Leader position, anyone know what the difference in pay is before I take it? I know I should just ask but would like to know first as I haven't confirmed if I'll go to the training day next Saturday for it.

pastybear - give them a call is best to find out, be persistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Guys I was going to apply for a kiosk job as they appear to still be hiring but I'm a tad uncomfortable in putting down the contact details for referees without knowing whether I even have an interview. In the past I always said 'references can be supplied if requied' and at the interview asked if it was a written or telephone reference they wanted so I can give my referee some notice. So do they check up on referees before interviews or what???

Guys I was going to apply for a kiosk job as they appear to still be hiring but I'm a tad uncomfortable in putting down the contact details for referees without knowing whether I even have an interview. In the past I always said 'references can be supplied if requied' and at the interview asked if it was a written or telephone reference they wanted so I can give my referee some notice. So do they check up on referees before interviews or what???

They didnt check either of my references before the interview. I got invited to an induction on Wednesday and they asked me to provide 2 written references.
    I would advise you to put down the contact info because I think they need to have it on file.
    I dont think they will phone referees as they are hiring an awful lot of staff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Just got an email from aviva inviting me to interview on thursday..This was the last thing i was expecting as i applied literally about a month ago and thaught they were more or less finished taking on people.

As far as i remember, i applied for a few different jobs in the aviva. My email stated that i was being called for ''the above stated position'' but there is no particular job mentioned in the email. So i was just wondering if i'm doing an interview which applies to a few different jobs??

Also, anyone know what the working hours are like. Is it just the odd day here and there or is it more regular??

Monkey09 wrote: »
    Just got an email from aviva inviting me to interview on thursday..This was the last thing i was expecting as i applied literally about a month ago and thaught they were more or less finished taking on people.

As far as i remember, i applied for a few different jobs in the aviva. My email stated that i was being called for ''the above stated position'' but there is no particular job mentioned in the email. So i was just wondering if i'm doing an interview which applies to a few different jobs??

Also, anyone know what the working hours are like. Is it just the odd day here and there or is it more regular??

Who did you get the email off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 arturb

hi guys, got e-mail about induction day today just wondering what should i wear? is it formal? would really appreciate a reply cheers

Who did you get the email off?

It was from the Aviva Recruitment Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Hi. I got a text to call the aviva if I would like to work for the events on the 31/7 and 4/8. I can't make it to them. Anyone know if they will still continue to text me regarding future events? Many Thanks

conbob wrote: »
    Hi. I got a text to call the aviva if I would like to work for the events on the 31/7 and 4/8. I can't make it to them. Anyone know if they will still continue to text me regarding future events? Many Thanks

Yeah they will. It's casual contracts.
    Mine said something alone the lines of "we are not obliged to offer you work, and when offered work you are not obliged to accept it". So it shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 look how long my name is..wow!

Hey...i was working as a member of bar staff on world cup final day and have not got paid yet. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Same, probably just a back week, i'd say we'll get paid tomorrow or thurs.

Hi guys, what's the story with the induction? What's involved with it?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i dont think they have got the hang of the stadium steward gigs yet re payments etc as i havent got a payslip or anything.. for the stewards inductions days they paid 30euro and 20euro for the 1 hour tour.. then 65 euro for the first work day. its 70 for the world cup match because they didnt feed us nor give us a break for 6 hours.... we were told we would get a 10min break sometime but never got it..havent got the 70 euro yet as they are done in batches as someone else said earlier in a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Going to go for a job here, whats the rates of pay like.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

had my interview today and was told to come back on saturday for an induction with me bank stuff and passport, looks like i got a job

I've got induction on saturday too. Looks like thaey want people to work on the 31st, the 3rd and the 11th. Anyone know what kind of hours they'll be looking for us to do. Is it just evening work?
    Also, anyone know if we get paid for induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Monkey09 wrote: »
    I've got induction on saturday too. Looks like thaey want people to work on the 31st, the 3rd and the 11th. Anyone know what kind of hours they'll be looking for us to do. Is it just evening work?
    Also, anyone know if we get paid for induction?

not sure what the rates of pay is but from what i read about from other posters you do get paid for induction. your man asked me if i was free on the 30th and 4th so i hope i get a good few dates between know and sept

• Registered Users Posts: 25 purple27

I have an induction on Saturday too. The guy didn't ask me if I was free on any specific dates though :/

• Advertisement

For stewarding you get paid for the induction, I didn't and I'm on the bar.
    We get €10 per hour.
    The next dates are the 31st, 4th and the 11th.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement