Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

he asked me at the start of the interview when he was filling in all my details,
    purple27 wrote: »
    I have an induction on Saturday too. The guy didn't ask me if I was free on any specific dates though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 purple27

Overature wrote: »
    he asked me at the start of the interview when he was filling in all my details,

Oh ok. :) I don't think he asked me anything like that. All he asked was was I available for induction on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

purple27 wrote: »
    Oh ok. :) I don't think he asked me anything like that. All he asked was was I available for induction on Saturday!

If you've got to the induction you've got the job, going by me and everyone else here anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shotbyagun

i confirmed that id be available to work for the next 2 events through the answering machine, im just wondering is it first come first serve or what happens. Will they get back to me about times and details?

cool stuff, thanks
    kateos2 wrote: »
    If you've got to the induction you've got the job, going by me and everyone else here anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 look how long my name is..wow!

Hey..I won be available to work on the 31st. Does anybody know if I need to contact them about this. Or does one only need to contact them to confirm that they ARE going to be available to work?

hi, as far as i know, if they call, text or email you offering you work for that day then you have to either tell them you can make it or that you cant make it. if they dont make contact with you then i think you just leave it. but if they dont reply to there call text then they wont call you again.

Im waiting for a text to work saturday as well
    Hey..I won be available to work on the 31st. Does anybody know if I need to contact them about this. Or does one only need to contact them to confirm that they ARE going to be available to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Overature wrote: »
    hi, as far as i know, if they call, text or email you offering you work for that day then you have to either tell them you can make it or that you cant make it. if they dont make contact with you then i think you just leave it. but if they dont reply to there call text then they wont call you again.

Im waiting for a text to work saturday as well

is this for stewarding jobs or for the bar/catering jobs?

is this for stewarding jobs or for the bar/catering jobs?

as far i know its for the cartering jobs (thats what im working as) it might be for the stewarding jobs as well, if your a steward do you work for compass?

employed directly by aviva stadium... they are fierce slow paying ya for work though. still waiting for payment on the world cup final gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

employed directly by aviva stadium... they are fierce slow paying ya for work though. still waiting for payment on the world cup final gig
    Thought it was the thursday after you work, might just be slow getting set up, if you havent recieved any payment id ring up about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

You must inform, them ideally by e-mail ,whether available or not . Aviva need to know how many staff on the day . Basic security requirements. Takes around two weeks to be paid depending on which batch you are in, they pay out in batches or groups. Shouldnt matter once the events become more regular.

doctorwu wrote: »
    You must inform, them ideally by e-mail ,whether available or not .

Can anybody give me the email address which I should use to tell them I am unavailable to work on the 31st? Thanks!

The e-mail address for Aviva is stewards@avivastadium.ie. Thats the address for stewards anyway.

The e-mail address for Aviva is stewards@avivastadium.ie. Thats the address for stewards anyway.

Anybody know the email for catering staff?

Anybody know the email for catering staff?

i dont but i need to find out to

Try ringing them the number is 01 2382300.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Just wondering if anybody has been called for work yet. I was really hoping i'd be asked to work this saturday but it's not looking likely at this stage...:(

Yeah they e-mailed stewards last week to check availibilty. Then e-mailed on Monday with the times to attend next three matches.
    31 July 11-15
    4 August 16-15
    11 August 16-15

Yeah they e-mailed stewards last week to check availibilty. Then e-mailed on Monday with the times to attend next three matches.
    31 July 11-15
    4 August 16-15
    11 August 16-15

Cool. Just wondering though-when was your induction. Mine was only last saturday.

• Advertisement

Mine was last May, so probably a bit early for you. You will get work soon because staff, for whatever reason, dont return and they always need new people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Monkey09 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has been called for work yet. I was really hoping i'd be asked to work this saturday but it's not looking likely at this stage...:(

I got a text two weeks ago and my work card on Mon!

Hopefully you'll get one of the next two Weds! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

If its any consolation i'm in the same situation. I had my induction in mid June
    and replied to the text message confirming that I was available about two weeks ago and have not heard anything. I've been ringing them for the last few days and they just keep saying they will look into it and ring me back... but they never do, so I'm absolutely livid with them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but it clearly states in the contract that "we are no obliged to offer you work". It was also said that it's all on a first come first serve basis. For catering anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised though if people pull out for Saturday, or the other dates, so you may still be offered hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

Yeah the part that they are not obliged to offer you work is fair enough, but the lack of communication is what angers me

kateos2 wrote: »
    I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but it clearly states in the contract that "we are no obliged to offer you work". It was also said that it's all on a first come first serve basis. For catering anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised though if people pull out for Saturday, or the other dates, so you may still be offered hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AnomAli

patsybear wrote: »
    If its any consolation i'm in the same situation. I had my induction in mid June
    and replied to the text message confirming that I was available about two weeks ago and have not heard anything. I've been ringing them for the last few days and they just keep saying they will look into it and ring me back... but they never do, so I'm absolutely livid with them at this stage.

That is the exact same as me! I rang last monday ago to confirm I could work on Saturday and he told me he would be sending be a job card over the next few days..I never got one so I rang again this week to see whats going on and he said he'd look into it but i've still heard nothing. I've been trying to get through this morning to see whats going on but i just keep getting a voicemail.

Have just been called to work tomorrow, I'm absolutely over the moon! Will be working in food production.:D

Great news. Best of luck.

Have just been called to work tomorrow, I'm absolutely over the moon! Will be working in food production.:D

congrats... doing steward myself.... surpising how quick the day goes once you get busy when people come in. first couple of hours are the longest...

• Advertisement

Aviva have just e-mailed me to say Stewards reporting for work tomorrow must some form of valid I.D.,Driving Licence, Passport.etc. This is to enable them to issue you with a Staff Access Card.

Advertisement