Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

anyway you can call them and xplain the situation? they may still be looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

ye sent dem an email...dnt have much hope but hu knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

fingers crossed, wud be good job to get! i defo wud enjoy getting to go to all the matches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 flightlessbird

:| wrote: »
    What is involved in the induction? and how long does it take?

Yeah I wouldn't mind knowing this either if anyone else has a clue??

Have it tomorrow. Don't know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mine was just a tour, a presentation, going through HACCAP, and giving them bank details and references. Think we were there about 2 hours.

• Advertisement

Cool. Thanks :D

How often is the work, does anyone know? Like, is there events on regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

just a few points
    at the interview he asked me did i want to come back for induction this wednesday. he asked did i prefer the 10.30 morning one or the afternoon one. can anyone remember the afternoon time? i think it was 2 o clock but not certain. any chance they'd send an email between now and then confirming the induction with the time and what to bring etc. because he never told me about bringing my pps no. or bank details at the interview. thanks :)

They send you out an email, probably tomorrow :)

But in case.

2.30pm, passport, 2 references and bank details...

Was my induction :)

Kinda boring, but also kinda cool at times. You look around the building and get to go behind the bars and food kiosks and just watch presentations and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Im freaked i missed the steward application

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone get paid for Stewarding yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 emc18

how long until they get back to you? because i had an interview today (thurs) and was asked if i could make an induction tmw (fri) at 2 o clock, but that was 'if i got the job', i was told what would happen during induction, what time to come, to bring my passport, what to wear etc, but i was never told i had the job. is this routine with every interviewee or am i meant to be turning up tmw? surely a phonecall or email is required to confirm? in which case i will have to get it tmw morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anyone get paid for Stewarding yet?
    Not yet, also havent got paid for my induction yet...

are you sure you get paid for induction?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep the question was asked twice in my induction and answered with a yes each time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

How long did it take to hear back after the interview?

Did they contact by email or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

They told me there and then, during the interview, that I was invited to an induction day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Hmm heres hoping i get an email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AnomAli

I was told at the interview about the inductions and then got an email with the details the following day!

I was told about inductions and got an email inviting me to one about a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

anyone else get emergency taxed on the induction day? i was onto revenue and they said we should get it paid on our next pay day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

What should I wear for my interview?? (I'm a guy)... Surely it's not that formal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 NinjaStudent

Most people were dressed semi formally, as in slacks and shirt, others with jeans and t-shirt weren't so presentable compared to those who made an effort.

Anyone who had an interview this week get any feedback yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

conbob wrote: »
    anyone else get emergency taxed on the induction day? i was onto revenue and they said we should get it paid on our next pay day.

is the induction paid. I done it about 2 weeks ago it was only a few hours and today received a payslip for zero. no entries on it at all. do you think they forgot to pay me?

I did mine about 6 weeks ago, and didn't get paid for it. Must depend where you're working.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I don't think the inductions for catering staff are paid, maybe the stewarding ones are. I would dress formal for the interview, always looks a lot better.

Extra time last night :eek: Got me some sore legs this morning!

Two of our 4 carlsberg taps broke just before half time. Every time we tried to use them, they exploded foam on everyone. Got it fixed, but they broke again after 15 mins. Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

kateos2 wrote: »
    Two of our 4 carlsberg taps broke just before half time. Every time we tried to use them, they exploded foam on everyone. Got it fixed, but they broke again after 15 mins. Fun.

I was in a fast food place and the smoke alarm went off three times. Each time the security shutter would automatically roll down on top of customers in the middle of transactions and stay down for maybe 15min. Wasn't to much hassle though. The poor chef seemed to work very hard with till staff queueing up to put in orders for 2 of this, 3 of that, 2 of these...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

I got an invite to induction there today. That was after doing my interview last week. Nobody seems too sure but once you get the induction are you pretty much guaranteed a job or not? Also i'm off on holidays now from the 24th Of july for 10 days. I didn't tell them at the time because i didn't know? Will this effect it you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Hiya guys, have an interview for bar staff tomorrow. Is that a group interview as well? Not sure what to expect! Also is there many hours for those who have the job? Is there hours every week or every other week?

Thanks!

Advertisement