Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Compass Group Uk are the people who look after all payment and catering issues at the AVIVA. They are a quite reliable company who with any experiences ive heard of, will correctly rectify any mistakes in Payment. Im sure if you bring it up with the Manager in charge of you then you will be re-imbursed for any work you were not payed for.

I brought it up with my manager several times. Before after 4 weeks of back and forth it was eventually paid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hi all,Just wondering might their be any jobs coming up in the Aviva soon I would be interested & would do anything like picking up litter etc!many thanks!

Best idea is to keep an eye on this page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Who hasn't started working? I haven't.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cosmos49

Leinster have confirmed their Heineken Cup quarter-final against Leicester will be played in the Aviva Stadium.
    The match will take place on the weekend of 8-10 April
    staff may need to add it to fixtures list

Are we getting rise/reduction in wages for 2011?,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I would say it'll stay the same. Nothing has been mentioned about a change to them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

for stewards hired by aviva directly there is a big change of pay. instead of 65euro nett, you will now be paid 90euro gross. depending on your personal taxation situation you will either be better off by 23euro(88euro after USC deduction if you pay no tax) or worse off by 14 euro(51euro after tax at 41% and USC).... anyone on the 41% tax rate working full time will probably find it not worth their while working for 50euro odd after tax for 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ryankelly110

has anybody got the paye number for the 12a form been working in aviva months and kept forgetting to send off the form i am working 3 days next week so really need the number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

for stewards hired by aviva directly there is a big change of pay. instead of 65euro nett, you will now be paid 90euro gross. depending on your personal taxation situation you will either be better off by 23euro(88euro after USC deduction if you pay no tax) or worse off by 14 euro(51euro after tax at 41% and USC).... anyone on the 41% tax rate working full time will probably find it not worth their while working for 50euro odd after tax for 6 hours.

Can see them loosing a lot of very experienced stewards due to this. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Are there any voluntary stewards in Aviva Stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Yeah, FAI and IRFU have Hon. Stewards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

this might sound a bit strange but i've been growing a beard for the last 2 months and i'm really liking it (makes me look older :D) but i'm booked down for the 13th to work does that mean i have to shave it all off?, i mean its not scruffy or anything its fairly neat looking i'd probably only be pouring drinks anyway how strict are they when it comes to this?
    i'm thinking of giving this event a miss if i have to i don't think the next event is until march anyway by which time i'll probably have shaved it haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Trilla90 wrote: »
    this might sound a bit strange but i've been growing a beard for the last 2 months and i'm really liking it (makes me look older :D) but i'm booked down for the 13th to work does that mean i have to shave it all off?, i mean its not scruffy or anything its fairly neat looking i'd probably only be pouring drinks anyway how strict are they when it comes to this?
    i'm thinking of giving this event a miss if i have to i don't think the next event is until march anyway by which time i'll probably have shaved it haha ;)

Sorry to break bad news but they will make you shave it off. I've seen countless people given the dirt cheap razors and told to shave it off or go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

yeah they made me shave, it was quite painful, if i were you id bring my own razers and shaving cream on the off chance that you might get away with it

i hear big changes in store for the FAI run events. they have told aviva that they want severe reductions in steward numbers & supervisors, no packed lunch and an hour less working...could mean up to 250 less (paid) stewards and supervisors per FAI game.

Overature wrote: »
    yeah they made me shave, it was quite painful, if i were you id bring my own razers and shaving cream on the off chance that you might get away with it

yeah i understand why they do it but there's no way i'd turn up and shave it there and then it would be painful enough at home at this stage another thing using a cheap razor without cream :eek:

i think though they should be allowed to decide whether it looks scruffy or not if it does fair enough shave it off or you can't work but i think they could be more flexible about it to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

i hear big changes in store for the FAI run events. they have told aviva that they want severe reductions in steward numbers & supervisors, no packed lunch and an hour less working...could mean up to 250 less (paid) stewards and supervisors per FAI game.

It's the IRFU that are going mad for changes because they made a balls in pricing and grouping their tickets.

The method of pay has been altered slightly, looking at the revised rates i'll be getting a fiver extra than before. Save millions that way they will!

i think though they should be allowed to decide whether it looks scruffy or not if it does fair enough shave it off or you can't work but i think they could be more flexible about it to be honest :D

Ehhh have you not bumped into devilwoman yet? The one who wouldn't let me wear a t-shirt (which couldnt be seen) under my polo shirt and hoodie despite it being -3 degrees and me on the top floor with the wind. I wore it nonetheless but she made a point of me removing it so i just went into the locker room and came back out unchanged.

Trust me, even if it was on a case by case basis, everyone would be made shave it off.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Yeah, FAI and IRFU have Hon. Stewards

Why do hon stewards exist? Why dont they want to get paid like other stewards?

There could be safety issues if this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

cosmos49 wrote: »
    Why do hon stewards exist? Why dont they want to get paid like other stewards?

Honorary Stewards predate the Aviva Stadium. At rugby matches in Lansdowne Road all stewards in the stands were Honorary Stewards. Paid stewards only existed on the exterior of the ground and in the terraces. Honorary Stewards are representatives of the rugby clubs around Ireland and are guaranteed sight of the match, whereas paid ones are not.
    There could be safety issues if this happens

They're already overstaffed at most rugby internationals in terms of stewards when honorary and paid numbers are combined.

johnfás wrote: »
    They're already overstaffed at most rugby internationals in terms of stewards when honorary and paid numbers are combined.

Yeah they are massively overstaffed at the quietest of times, but thats in all aspects. I haven't been to one game yet where one bar or food section hasn't been sent home at half time. The amount of stewards as well is far too many. Especially with the substantial lower attendances they've been getting its quite obvious that they overstaff it and worry about it later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Ehhh have you not bumped into devilwoman yet?

Great nickname for her :D

I was recovering from a lung infection and on my first day back to the aviva, she gave out bangs to me for wearing a small t-shirt under my blouse.

awesom_o wrote: »

I was recovering from a lung infection and on my first day back to the aviva, she gave out bangs to me for wearing a small t-shirt under my blouse.

sounds like a biatch don't think i've run into her yet tho i've only worked twice so far

awesom_o wrote: »

How dare you get a lung infection and turn up for work in the Aviva and try and not get sick again!?!? That is not in the staff handbook!!

:D

Reduce steward numbers and two people get onto the pitch? Shock Horror FAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Yeah they are massively overstaffed at the quietest of times, but thats in all aspects. I haven't been to one game yet where one bar or food section hasn't been sent home at half time. The amount of stewards as well is far too many. Especially with the substantial lower attendances they've been getting its quite obvious that they overstaff it and worry about it later.

Ah you must have, my bar shuts almost immediately afterwards. There's still cleaning to do though.

Reduce steward numbers and two people get onto the pitch? Shock Horror FAI.

lol at a fine of 10,000 per person that invades the pitch that saving the FAI was trying to make on less stewards just cost them 20,000 to UEFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

anyone hear that pulse security have put in for the stewarding contract for the FAI gigs? means all the existing stewards will be gone for those and pulse will take over....paying minimum wage rates..

anyone hear that pulse security have put in for the stewarding contract for the FAI gigs? means all the existing stewards will be gone for those and pulse will take over....paying minimum wage rates..

That'd be for the crowd control guys, separate to the stadium stewards. There's only about 30 of them at a match. Depends who's playing.

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »

What happened to this guy?.Was this pic published in paper? Are the stewards allowed to manhandle him from pitch/ground?

Advertisement