Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

It's brilliant and really handy to print out. Thanks!

No probs! If you click what's on it gives you a link to the pdf for future reference! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got a call there, working Sunday too now.

Thanks for that link XxMCRxBabyxX, I hadn't seen it before.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Just got a call there, working Sunday too now.

Thanks for that link XxMCRxBabyxX, I hadn't seen it before.

Told em that I'd work Sunday and then had to change after my other job rostered me for that day anyway (quite annoying but what can I do)

I really hope I don't get asked now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

what time shift start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

h8scobes wrote: »
    what time shift start at?

Different for every bar. I'm in at 12, my mate is in at 11.

Check your job card?

• Advertisement

ye think im 12 didnt get one have to get it when i go in what time does the match start at? will i be home for scotland vs nz match at like 5

h8scobes wrote: »
    ye think im 12 didnt get one have to get it when i go in what time does the match start at? will i be home for scotland vs nz match at like 5

No I doubt you will be.

I'm due in at 12 for 5 hours and I'm on the 5th floor and I'd be one of the first to leave as my bar would be one of the first to shut.

Kick off is 2.30. Game will end at around 4 I'd say.

yeah same fifth floor as well, im doing cashier too

• Registered Users Posts: 25 purple27

Got a text today about work for tomorrow, so I rang them up and they said I have to be in at 3. Anyone know what the story would be with getting a job card for it then?

There's usually someone at the gate giving them out to people who didn't get them in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 purple27

Oh ok cool, thanks Kate :)

purple27 wrote: »
    Got a text today about work for tomorrow, so I rang them up and they said I have to be in at 3. Anyone know what the story would be with getting a job card for it then?

Just walk up to Lansdowne lane (its the little lane down to the staff entrance) and they have a little stall set up for those who don't have job cards or who have forgotten them and just give your name there.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see newer posts; what Kateos2 said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

any stadium stewards get paid yet for the november games? havent got anything for the game on 6th november yet or any others?

Some of the team leaders on the bars are bloody brutal. I've rejected the work for next sunday because I can't work with my team leader anymore as its the most frustrating exercise in the world.

He can't pour pints properly. He tips them slightly when you're supposed to have them dead straight.

He insists in topping up each pint to the top of the glass when there's meant to be about a half inch gap on the new non-spill glasses. This leads to huge delays in distribution.

He puts 2 pourers on the bar for 10 cashiers, makes one of them himself who is not only slow but tends to go walkabout to the other side of the bar leaving his cashiers without a pourer. This on top of his ultra slow method.

He talks to everyone like it's their first day in a job.

He wouldn't let a steward have a bottle cap for his coke because the rule was no bottlecaps despite stewards being allowed have them and told the steward to contact Steve Cooper, the head of the stadium to complain.

Just an absolute tyrant.

Aggggggh!! Rant over

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

any stadium stewards get paid yet for the november games? havent got anything for the game on 6th november yet or any others?

I would think you will be paid this Thursday/Friday for the game on the 6th.

Some of the team leaders on the bars are bloody brutal. I've rejected the work for next sunday because I can't work with my team leader anymore as its the most frustrating exercise in the world.

He can't pour pints properly. He tips them slightly when you're supposed to have them dead straight.

He insists in topping up each pint to the top of the glass when there's meant to be about a half inch gap on the new non-spill glasses. This leads to huge delays in distribution.

He puts 2 pourers on the bar for 10 cashiers, makes one of them himself who is not only slow but tends to go walkabout to the other side of the bar leaving his cashiers without a pourer. This on top of his ultra slow method.

He wouldn't let a steward have a bottle cap for his coke because the rule was no bottlecaps despite stewards being allowed have them and told the steward to contact Steve Cooper, the head of the stadium to complain.

Just an absolute tyrant.

Aggggggh!! Rant over

Lol, I have the best team leader ever! There's him and 3 of us who are always on the bar and we get on so well! It makes it so much easier to work as well!

And I take it that was before the bottlecap rule was gotten rid of?

Lol, I have the best team leader ever! There's him and 3 of us who are always on the bar and we get on so well! It makes it so much easier to work as well!

And I take it that was before the bottlecap rule was gotten rid of?

The bottlecap rule is gone? We were never told this, we still did it on our bar on Sat.

The bottlecap rule is gone? We were never told this, we still did it on our bar on Sat.

We haven't done it any match this month! and no one has said anything to us about it either! Pretty sure a manager told us as well!

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I would think you will be paid this Thursday/Friday for the game on the 6th.

ah right... just that the head stewards said we would usually be paid the thursday/friday of the week after the event... which would have been last week for the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Yeah I was paid on the 19th for the game on the 6th.
    kateos2 wrote:

The rules are different for football/rugby matches. We don't search anyone on the way in for rugby matches and have stopped taking bottle caps, whereas for the Cup Final we were searching bags and taking bottle caps. Sure at the last few rugby games the bar beside us was serving glass bottles!

• Advertisement

M450 wrote: »

The rules are different for football/rugby matches. We don't search anyone on the way in for rugby matches and have stopped taking bottle caps, whereas for the Cup Final we were searching bags and taking bottle caps. Sure at the last few rugby games the bar beside us was serving glass bottles!

Ah yeah I know that, I'm on the premium level and we serve glass as long as they aren't taking it outside at rugby matches. Wasn't told about the change in the bottle cap rule though, and I don't think anyone on my bar was.

ah right... just that the head stewards said we would usually be paid the thursday/friday of the week after the event... which would have been last week for the 6th.

As far as I know the rule is that; on the Wednesday following the days you have worked all the pay is processed and accounted, and then the following Wednesday its put into your account.

As far as I know the rule is that; on the Wednesday following the days you have worked all the pay is processed and accounted, and then the following Wednesday its put into your account.

hmmm i better get onto them then to see what the story is. thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cosmos49

This might be of intrest to Stewards who dident get called for November matches because of poor attendances
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2010/1129/irfu.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Just an absolute tyrant.

Aggggggh!! Rant over

I think I know who you're talking about and if not, that charcter sounds very like my team leader

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cosmos49

Did any stewards /bar staff get their christmas/new year bonus yet ?:rolleyes:

cosmos49 wrote: »
    Did any stewards /bar staff get their christmas/new year bonus yet ?:rolleyes:

I got a random payment from them in early December of €87 or something like that so I'm maybe thats what that was! I thought it was holiday pay though. Never got a payslip for it!

Are we meant to be getting a bonus?

Bonus? I was lucky to be paid. I was underpaid by €60 during the November games and it took 4 weeks, numerous phone calls and emails before it was finally paid on the 23rd of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Bonus? I was lucky to be paid. I was underpaid by €60 during the November games and it took 4 weeks, numerous phone calls and emails before it was finally paid on the 23rd of December.

Compass Group Uk are the people who look after all payment and catering issues at the AVIVA. They are a quite reliable company who with any experiences ive heard of, will correctly rectify any mistakes in Payment. Im sure if you bring it up with the Manager in charge of you then you will be re-imbursed for any work you were not payed for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Hi all,Just wondering might their be any jobs coming up in the Aviva soon I would be interested & would do anything like picking up litter etc!many thanks!

Advertisement