Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Just wondering if anyone signed up for the Leopardstown from 26-28th? What's the story with the payment? Any extra due to the Christmas break?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

should be double pay on sunday and pay and a half on monday, something like that i think

Overature wrote: »
    should be double pay on sunday and pay and a half on monday, something like that i think

Cheers! Hopefully it is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Cheers! Hopefully it is :rolleyes:

there should be a decent amount of hours anyway, i worked at fairyhouse in may for three days, on was a bank holiday and made €360 out of it:cool: happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Anyone know how one would become a programme seller for games and concerts etc at the aviva?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Any Stewards know how to get payslips online? I haven't ever got one I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Email from Aviva today, 10% reduction in Steward's wages across the board :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

just read the email....sounds like they really wanted to get rid of all stewards and farm them out to Sword Security but decided to cut wages by 10% instead in the hope that stewards will not bother turning up and they can go ahead and get Sword to take over full time at even cheaper rates. i bet a lot of stewards who have full time jobs wont bother returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

hey guys,

how do ye apply for these jobs?

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

just read the email....sounds like they really wanted to get rid of all stewards and farm them out to Sword Security but decided to cut wages by 10% instead in the hope that stewards will not bother turning up and they can go ahead and get Sword to take over full time at even cheaper rates. i bet a lot of stewards who have full time jobs wont bother returning.

yep

After I pay tax its almost becoming not worth my while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

can somebody tell me the email on that card they handed out yesterday? it was for more work at other events. thanks

Old thread I know

Anyone work the College football a couple of weeks ago.
    Just got paid today, and it looks like it was a standard payment depsite being a far longer day?
    Was there from 11 till 6 on the day

What say you all???

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

chef wrote: »
    Old thread I know

Just got paid today, and it looks like it was a standard payment depsite being a far longer day?

What say you all???

Were you a steward or with Compass because I got paid a hell of a lot more than I was expecting from Compass! Over double! Though that may have had something to do with my taxes

Sorry should have said

I was a steward working for aviva, and not with compass

Lucky you BTW

Sorry should have said

Lucky you BTW

Sorry, that wasn't me trying to show off! O can't help with stewards unforch

Sorry, that wasn't me trying to show off! O can't help with stewards unforch

No worries I hadnt read it that way, actually was happy for ya, god knows I could do with double. Ah well will see what the supervisor says when she gets back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Sorry should have said

Lucky you BTW

yeah I got paid the same despite doing over 7 hours work... thats 700 stewards at an extra hour each that they havent paid... bet they charged the americans for the extra hour though!!!!

yeah I got paid the same despite doing over 7 hours work... thats 700 stewards at an extra hour each that they havent paid... bet they charged the americans for the extra hour though!!!!

Thats bad form, I had presumed it would be more for more hours worked. I have mailed my supervisor to ask her to see what they say. They are taking the piss really. Yeah bet they creamed the yanks. Also bet the full time staff got paid accordingly too.

Thats bad form, I had presumed it would be more for more hours worked. I have mailed my supervisor to ask her to see what they say. They are taking the piss really. Yeah bet they creamed the yanks. Also bet the full time staff got paid accordingly too.

THIS, since the day I've worked at the company I have been underpaid everytime, It's completely insane! From now on I am not staying a second over the time it says on my jobcard since they don't have the decency to pay me the extra time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Old thread I know

What say you all???

Hey, I mentioned it during the briefing before kick off, that given the length of American football matches we would be owed extra and this is what I was told (and this came from the powers that be) "stewards get paid for 6 hours consistently when they usually only do 5.5hours, so it evens out".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 helpquestion

Hey. Draggin up an old thread so im sorry if it wrong.

Has any body recieved a payslip for working the heinkin cup final. I got paid on thursdasy just gone but would like to see where the deductions were made.

Hey. Draggin up an old thread so im sorry if it wrong.

Has any body recieved a payslip for working the heinkin cup final. I got paid on thursdasy just gone but would like to see where the deductions were made.

Compass or Stewards? I'm Compass and I haven't. Others have been saying on the fb group that they haven't either! Sure sone of us didn't get job cards for tomorrow despite being confirmed and are still waiting to find out their start time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 helpquestion

Compass or Stewards? I'm Compass and I haven't. Others have been saying on the fb group that they haven't either! Sure sone of us didn't get job cards for tomorrow despite being confirmed and are still waiting to find out their start time!

Sorry. I'm talking about compass.

FB group??? Can you link me to that? Or pm me a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

did anyone got for an interview a few weeks back in aviva? my daughter went in and there were loads of students for interview. She never heard anything back but it appeard that the work was casual anyway. Has anyone heard back from those interviews? She knows a few people that applied at that time and another friend who was told she got a job, but she was never contacted again.

dubdub123 wrote: »
    did anyone got for an interview a few weeks back in aviva? my daughter went in and there were loads of students for interview. She never heard anything back but it appeard that the work was casual anyway. Has anyone heard back from those interviews? She knows a few people that applied at that time and another friend who was told she got a job, but she was never contacted again.

All contracts in Aviva are casual afaik.

I think they've done the main bulk of their recruitment and had most new staff in for the Heineken cup but there are events coming up in the stadium and Leopardstown so your daughter may still hear

Sorry. I'm talking about compass.

FB group??? Can you link me to that? Or pm me a link.

Will link when I get on my laptop

would it be worth her while trying to contact them? she'll be living only few minutes walk away from aviva. i don't know if she had a contact number of just facebook contact. I might say it to her to find out what's coming up.

would it be worth her while trying to contact them? she'll be living only few minutes walk away from aviva. i don't know if she had a contact number of just facebook contact. I might say it to her to find out what's coming up.

There's three stadium events left in aviva this summer and they're the next three Fridays and have been staffed. After that there's nothing til Sept. They are looking for people for Leopardstown but mostly through current staff atm. It won't hurt to ring but I just wouldn't recommend getting her hopes up too much from my own conversations with HR as I have been asking for mu brother.

thanks for the info, very disappointed all over wth the job situation in dublin, really thought she might pick something up.

• Advertisement

thanks for the info, very disappointed all over wth the job situation in dublin, really thought she might pick something up.

Don't give up yet! :-)

Advertisement