Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yeah, it's OK.

Is new on the market?I've never seen it before today,I love kombacher pils :)

Is new on the market?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Abbot ale from a can.

Not the worst ale ever a little malty and a hint of hops.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had a bottle of this last night.

It's a Cider from New Zealand. I don't drink Cider but gave it a go anyway. It was rather pleasant, not as dry as Bulmers and similar.

cb1295a7.jpg

I'm having one bottle of this right now. Valentines Wheat Beer brought in by Fine Wines Wholesale in Limerick. It's in an Erdinger Glass right now, shameful. :( It is not very pleasant. It simply poured itself into death in the glass. Although 4 for €7 I wouldn't be rushing back for any. Just bought one for €1.99

4e81c806.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

my husband tries a new beer every week i usually have a sip too although i am a wine drinker . last night he had a wheat beer from germany it tasted quite nice . i will tell him about this thread when he returns from training he would be very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Having some Stella Atrois Cidre. Very nice mix. Tastes a bit like Bulmers and Thatchers Gold love child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Had the 2011 bigfoot barleywine from sierra nevada as a treat when I got in from work, it was delicious

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Couple of bottles of Singha yesterday.

Quick question-

I've had Aspalls on tap in the UK, and was wondering what people's views are on the various bottled offerings here - which is considered the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I liked the Premier Cru the most followed by the "draught" in a bottle and finally the Organic one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Had the 2011 bigfoot barleywine from sierra nevada as a treat when I got in from work, it was delicious

Indeed, I just got 4 o them for a tenner! savage ale. and 10 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tuborg draught on sale in my local for 3.20 a pint. Nice stuff at nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Picked up one of everything that looked interesting in Aldi today, the two I'm looking forward to are the O'Shea's Stout and Ale. Had a lager from there tonight with a name suspiciously similar to Staropramen, it was very 'meh'.
    Nothing new to you guys, but Kilkenny only got an Aldi this month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Erdinger Dunkle
    Dungarven Blackrock Stout
    Can of Beamish
    O'Hara's Leann Foliann

Trying to decide if I should go out and buy more, or make do with the wine I have. (I don't want wine, but I am feeling lazy).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

Go and get more! Just had a bottle of black hawk stout and college green's belfast blonde. Off to Bull and castle for the night. Anyone know is there any speciality beers in the porterhouse at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Carrollj wrote: »
    Go and get more! Just had a bottle of black hawk stout and college green's belfast blonde. Off to Bull and castle for the night. Anyone know is there any speciality beers in the porterhouse at the moment?
    Templebar Porterhouse had Torpedo IPA last week, and I was in there last night and the sign was still on the tap but didnt get a pint. Id imagine its still on!!

O'haras IPA and Trouble's Galaxy pale ale on the rotation taps in Bull and Castle last night aswell.

Bowmore 12 Year Old Single Malt.

Not a big whisky drinker but had to taste a smoked peat whisky.

I actually liked it and got lots if flavours from it.

Indeed, I just got 4 o them for a tenner! savage ale. and 10 percent.

Yeh Im disgusted, Martins offo in Fairview had them on the 4 for tenner sierra nevada deal but have since taken them off, kickin myself

I've had Aspalls on tap in the UK, and was wondering what people's views are on the various bottled offerings here - which is considered the best?
    I've not really found a big difference in the ones I've tried. Nice cider though. A few places in Dublin have it on tap now.

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've not really found a big difference in the ones I've tried. Nice cider though. A few places in Dublin have it on tap now.

& More in Galway have it on Tap and doing are doing a good trade in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The other night I got to taste Infinium (for free;)!) at the Abbot's, Cork. It's another collaboration beer, this time between Sam Adams and Whihenstephaner.
    It's a pretty fruity tasting beer, very fizzy, and strong tasting in alcohol (10.5%). At least it's not ordinary. I reckon it could do with some bottle ageing.
    Worth €20.....? No but I just might get a bottle to put away for a year or two.

Last night I shared a bottle of Bitch Please, yet another collaboration beer - Brewdog and Three Floyds. This is by far and away the best tasting beer that has messed around with whiskey that I've ever tasted. The whiskey nose and flavours are so well integrated and somewhat subtle. Expensive but well worth it. 11.5%

Followed that by a Totyo* - (shared- 18%). I really like this beer but it seemed a little crudely made after the Bitch Please.

Grimbergen brown. Absolutely love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Seen a six pack of VB stubbies in Tesco, brought back a few memories from Australia so decided to pick them up, not actually a bad tasting beer as long as it's kept very cold!

Hobgoblin. Not overly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

not actually a bad tasting beer as long as it's kept very cold!

Thats because its a pretty poor quality beer. A good beer will be reasonably drinkable even when its unchilled. If you have to practically freeze a beer to be able to drink it means its slop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thats because its a pretty poor quality beer. A good beer will be reasonably drinkable even when its unchilled. If you have to practically freeze a beer to be able to drink it means its slop.

And sometimes even better, depending on the style.

Had my first Wrasslers in porterhouse central this evening, loved it, got a bottle of it after out of interest also good, but better on draft

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Smiley G

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Had my first Wrasslers in porterhouse central this evening, loved it, got a bottle of it after out of interest also good, but better on draft

wrassler in a bottle is lovely:)
    BTW Porterhouse Templebar is celebrating their 15th year anniversary this Friday 27th May!... not sure whats happening but will pop down to see if anything special is going on and to enjoy some of the new IPA bottles they have in stock at present.... also sierra navada torpedo, double IPA, 7.2% on tap!

Belhaven

Twisted Thistle IPA

Frankly for €3.25 for 50cl it would want to be worth it. (then again at 6.2% it was going to be expensive)

Very fragrant. I really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Have just come back from a holiday in East Germany

Managed to get a tour of the Köstritzer Brewery. Really enjoyable tour and the their Köstritzer Schwarzbier was as usual really nice and their pills was really nice too.

http://www.koestritzer.de/index.php?id=1&intro=1&L=1

Would be a dream to work there as the workers get 4 litres of beer free everyday!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement