Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    as far as I know an on license automatically includes an off license i.e. every pub in the country can sell take away beers.
    That's correct -- every full pub licence has a built-in off licence, subject to the usual rules. The pubs which do growler fills say they have to be bought by 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

matrim wrote: »
    I thought it required a special license or vaguely remember Mulligans mentioning something like that when they first set it up.

I think some of the Galway Bay (Brew Dock, Black Sheep etc) pubs will fill Growlers but I don't know if they do a discount on the price
    I couldn't see the point of getting a growler filled if you didn't get the beer at a discounted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Anyone get the Groupon emails? There was an offer on it today for a beer tatsing session at the Dublin Bar Academy.
    Anyone got any further information on this or have they done it already?
    €49 seems a bit steep, despite being reduced from €99!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Heroditas wrote: »
    Anyone get the Groupon emails? There was an offer on it today for a beer tatsing session at the Dublin Bar Academy.
    Anyone got any further information on this or have they done it already?
    €49 seems a bit steep, despite being reduced from €99!

Jaysis, you'd be better off going into a decent bar and handing the barman €50 and saying "Educate me on the ways of beer!" :D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Jaysis, you'd be better off going into a decent bar and handing the barman €50 and saying "Educate me on the ways of beer!" :D

Well yes!
    However, this could be a potential event for work's Sports and Social club. Slightly more legit to do it this way than line up all the members atthe bar and horse a load of booze into them*.

*(That maay or may not be what happens at our events anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I think the next time we all drink a beer we should take a second out to remember our fallen brethern

Seaneh, we hardly knew ye

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think the next time we all drink a beer we should take a second out to remember our fallen brethern

Seaneh, we hardly knew ye

:(

I will pour some of my beer on the ground for our fallen posters!:(

I'm going to bad-mouth Galway Bay beers for the next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Does this mean Seaneh's tab in ATG for endlessly promoting Galway bay brewery on this site has been scuppered?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Had a bottle of kinnegar long tongue tonight.
    It reminded me of the club shandy from my school days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

O'Hara' Winter Star Ale.

our-beers-winter-star.png

Medium bodied, seasonal ale from O'Hara's. Flavorsome, slightly spicy and fairly smooth. A nice addition to the great O'Hara's repertoire.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Time now, ladies & gentlemen, please!!!

Please use the new thread for your next weekly tipple.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement