Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

seanbmc wrote: »
    Havin' a bottle of Tyskie now, never had it before. I quite like it :).

I agree. I had my first bottle in Scotland albeit 6.2%, a little higher than our own but very nice. Quite easy to drink, rather pleasant.

I'm currently having a nice cold bottle of Samuel Adams. 355ml, oddball Americans. I assume it has something to do with their FL oz system of measurements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aong

My default lager, I love it! You can usually pick up five 500ml bottles in lidl / aldi for 10e

Just back from Mulligans, had a Metalman Windjammer, kind of disappointed, nice flavour but a little on the thinner side, Trouble Dark Arts was lovely though, strong roasted barley flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,380 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

8 bottles for €10 in o'briens at the moment. Perlenbacher is on special in lidl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Stopped by the Porterhouse in Bray last night. Sadly no guest beers, just the usual Porterhouse assembly.
    Hersbrucker - lovely hoppy goodness
    Porterhouse Red - a little dull (almost too well balanced), but a fine beer nonetheless.
    Finished up with a Brainblasta which isn't as good as I remember. Found it a lot sweeter and more syrupy then the last time I sampled it. I presume it would be made to exacting identical standards, and it's just my interpretation of the beer that has changed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

rubadub wrote: »
    8 bottles for €10 in o'briens at the moment. Perlenbacher is on special in lidl too.

Did I see Leffe on special in Lidl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

slowburner wrote: »

I sure hope so...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Mmmm..........creamy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

rubadub wrote: »

I got a deal in Lidl there the other day, might get that deal next time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

slowburner wrote: »

It sure is.
    4 pack of 33cl bottles for €4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Had some Fyne Ales Highlanders last night, a very tasty, malty ale with a citrus hops finish

• Advertisement

srfc d16 wrote: »
    It sure is.
    4 pack of 33cl bottles for €4.99.

..........vvroooom!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Drinking an Adnams Innovation at the moment, kind of disappointed after the great reviews I read on here. It's nothing amazing in my eyes. Reminds me a lot of Leffe Blonde.
    Also this week I tried O'Haras's Leann Follain (excellent), Fuller's Discovery (pretty nice), and Clotworthy Dobbin (excellent). Also have a bottle of Fyne Ales Vital Spark waiting for me. Not a bad beer week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Mo14 wrote: »
    Drinking an Adnams Innovation at the moment, kind of disappointed after the great reviews I read on here. It's nothing amazing in my eyes. Reminds me a lot of Leffe Blonde.

It once was a great beer but I believe the most recent batch unfortunately had an issue.
    This thread has more details and a post from the brewer.

slayerking wrote: »
    It once was a great beer but I believe the most recent batch unfortunately had an issue.
    This thread has more details and a post from the brewer.

Ahh yes, I remember that thread now. Ahh well, I'll give it another go if they sort it out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bierhaus in Cork is doing a summerfest. I thoroughly enjoyed the BrewDog Bitch Please(fun to order loudly at the bar, certainly!). But what surprised me was that they have Rothaus beers in. I haven't seen that stuff since I visited my then-girlfriend on ERASMUS in Freiburg 8 years ago. A marvelous trip down memory lane, try some while you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Right now i'm having a Harviestoun Ola Dubh Special Reserve 12. Tastes delicious and a lot better than it smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Bath Ales Golden Hare, love it in this weather.

An ale with a slight zesty an a hint of caramel. Perfect for a sunny day.

Wish I had got more !

Last night, I enjoyed a Hoegaarden in The Odean (good value at €4), a Headless Dog in the Ocean bar, and a Blue Moon in Sweeneys pub. Things are definitely looking up in terms of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Speaking of beerfests in Cork, the Fran Well is having their summerfest this weekend. The menu that they have on their facebook page looks pretty empty so I'm hoping that there will be a bigger selection when I get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sucking down a few bottles of Budejovicky right now. Nyom Nyom. If I run out the Krombacher will come out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dahtac

Working my way through a bottle of Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout, very interesting, enjoying the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Did anybody make it to the Bloom Festival in the Phoenix Park this weekend?

All those Irish crafty bastards were there in force:D

Or beer from Trouble was my favourite. Worth mentioning that the boys from Hooker are putting a big effort to get their beer to the next level. Well done lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Castle2

Sierra Pale Ale on draught... yum yum yum! Love the beer selection. food in the porterhouse is okay too but nothing special! good atmosphere tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dahtac

Had a bottle of the Straffe Hendrik Tripel last night...I am still blown away and at a loss for words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Did anybody make it to the Bloom Festival in the Phoenix Park this weekend?

All those Irish crafty bastards were there in force:D

Or beer from Trouble was my favourite. Worth mentioning that the boys from Hooker are putting a big effort to get their beer to the next level. Well done lads!
    Yeah I went along, hoped to try the new Metalman and Eight Degrees but just couldnt tear myself away from the Or. Its an unbelievable summer beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Having a Meantime Pale Ale at the moment. Meh Meh Meh. Initially no smell and taste but once it warmed up there's a slight citrus and malt flavour with ever so slight bitterness. Not overly impressed with Meantime beer in general. Have a couple more of their beers to try but holding out for anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Wells Banana Bread; six bottles of it all to call my own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Weißenoher Benediktiner Pils Premium
    A nice hoppy beer with a light malt taste. Again another summer beer that would go down well in hot weather.

Having a Fyne Ales Avalance tonight (working my way through the range that the Wine Centre in Kilkenny recently got in). Looks a lot like a lager in the glass, but it's very tasty, very nicely hopped and one of the most refreshing and thirst quenching beers I've ever tried. Great on a summer's day I'd say. Today however, was nothing like a summer's day. Decent beer all the same.

• Advertisement

London Pride - I always like this beer, no matter what the mood. Perfect reward for a long run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement